[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackarbiter

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 30, 2016, 04:18:12 PM
Manned turrets like the ones in the CR Defence Pack work much more like regular weapons

Will I need to do anything special to manned turrets to get them to work? Or is CompProperties_Mannable enough to handle it? I'm patching my upcoming mod for CR, and I'll model the manned turrets after AI turrets once you've updated, so if there are any instructions farther than modeling after the AI turret and adding CompProperties_Mannable and an interaction spot I'd be glad to have them when you get around to it.

p.s. you asked me to remind you: if you have the worksheet for weapon properties I'd love to see it. Sorry to keep bugging you, I'm happy to wait til whenever you can get to it.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

JackeryFox

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 30, 2016, 12:02:27 PM
Quote from: JackeryFox on April 30, 2016, 11:20:36 AM
Is there any small tutorial on how to add a weapon from another mod to use Combat Realism's features?

Best bet is by looking through the CR patch for Rimfire. It looks like a bulk of the work is done via .xml in the defs but I could be wrong on that.

Ayup! I've learned how it's done and have already made 2 weapons for my future weapon pack which will include custom ammo with proper stats.

Mr.Cross

Perhaps a bit of a fix for the ridiculous dance the colonists do when they have too much bulk but wont stop taking the fiod they want to carry? Till then looks like im gonna have to drop a few items...

Also, any plans to incorperate a camoflodge system. Which could make use of surpressors, and maybe an alert system?
Claims to know most things.

SteelRev

Can someone explain why CR and the recycle mod don't work together? (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18799.0)

log attached

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Facade

Quote from: Galvenox on April 30, 2016, 05:50:23 PM
the mod itself works for me, but everyone besides my colonists has this loadout generator stuff and they can't shoot at all. my mod load order is correct, why isn't it working for me? I love the idea but sadly I can't enjoy it.

might be helpful to add, that when selecting drafted pawn, I don't have the option to select kind of ammo and the reload icon.
I know that this happens if you're running Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering. The two require a patch to work together.

jackarbiter

Quote from: SteelRev on April 30, 2016, 11:31:32 PM
Can someone explain why CR and the recycle mod don't work together?

Did you restart the game after you closed the mod activation menu? Failure to do so will lead to errors with CR.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

harpyeagle

I'm liking the assignment system, just one thing is bothering me though: When I switch colonists' assignments around, they will pick up the new equipment but never drop what they were previously carrying. This is a problem when there is only one of a particular kind of weapon and they continue to hog it so that the colonist that is now assigned the weapon can never get it.

Instead I have to periodically draft a bunch of colonists, march them to the armoury and manually drop every weapon and ammo item they have, before they will properly switch to their new assigned loadouts.

AllenWL

Yep. At this point, I'm having pawns manually change their loadout, and just having them refill ammo on their own.

Also, it would be nice if I could choose what pawns equip. Currently, if you change a pawn's loadout or if they drop their weapons due to falling unconscious, as far as I can tell, there's no way to have them equip something.

I can tell them to have a loadout of 'bow' 'knife' 'arrows', but I can't tell my brawler to equip the knife or tell my archer to equip the bow. Instead, I have to equip it manually. Not too big of a problem during battles, as I switch between weapons a lot anyways.
Kind of a big problem if my brawler gets attacked by a crazy rabbit and he's swinging his fists at it and ignoring the sword in his pockets.

Also, it looks like raiders don't switch to melee weapons when you melee them and they still have ammo for their gun?

Grogfeld

Quote from: AllenWL on May 01, 2016, 06:36:26 AM
Also, it looks like raiders don't switch to melee weapons when you melee them and they still have ammo for their gun?

Yes it something that I've noticed it too. It's somehow OP for player to be able to wear tons of weapons and poor tribes people just hitting you with bows, there should be also timer for changing weapons so brawlers could surprise rangers. I like when all game mechanics affect both player and AI.

Mr.Cross

Found another tiny issue, some "guests" who trade decided to drop by. The Trader has too muh bulk and drops some of his items, perhaps an item that diable bulk for the traders? So that way we don't get free stuff?
Claims to know most things.

Goldenpotatoes

kimx1636

My pawns aren't picking up loadouts or ammunition, they don't have weight or bulk, but can still shoot, they seem to be defaulting to FMJ shots. Any suggestions for what I'm doing wrong?

My mod list is:
Core
Community Core Library
Community Core vanilla tweaks
Combat Realism
Expanded prosthetics and organ engineering
Combat Realism EPOE patch
EdB Colonist bar
EdB prepare carefully
Glitter Tech
Tilled soil
map reroll
EdB mod order

Edit: It seems Glitter Tech doesn't want to play nice with Combat Realism for now.

Sir PewPew

Is there currently an up to date version of CR Defence, because the latest I've come across is (I believe) for CR version 1.5.0 and as such isn't working with CR 1.6.3.

When loaded it has the barbed wire/embrasures etc. but it disables the inventory and reload/fire mode systems.
When in doubt, set everything on fire.

Grogfeld

One question. Have you change with visitors incident that you can't buy from them anymore, or is it only problem on my side?

SteelRev

Quote from: jackarbiter on May 01, 2016, 02:36:48 AM
Quote from: SteelRev on April 30, 2016, 11:31:32 PM
Can someone explain why CR and the recycle mod don't work together?

Did you restart the game after you closed the mod activation menu? Failure to do so will lead to errors with CR.

don't even have the option to restart, the fatal error occurs when you close the mod page not when you start a game.