[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

«Temple»

You probably forgot to restart after opening the mod menu.
No, I forgot I had an edited core so I just undid what I added(Made resources stack 100, 75 makes me cry, also idk why this would cause a problem) I also restarted multiple times, made new maps, and new colonies, so that wasn't the problem, changing the resource stacks shouldn't have conflicted with CR because why would CR touch steel, wood, and other 'stuff' defs?  Not sure if it does(Haven't checked yet)

Flare Flicker

When installing today i could not even start with the mod enabled. As soon as i loaded it and closed the mod menu I got the "Recovered from incompatible or corrupted mods errors" Tried with and without the community core library nothing else installed. debug showed alot of xml errors and couldn't load anything.. (Unsure how to post it here, tell me and I can reproduce it to post.)

The King of Nipples

how do you install this I got the mod I put it in the correct ccl load order without any other mods but the core it tells me it recovered from a incompatibility with mods I have tried without the core as well same result I have downloaded this three times never worked I have A13

NoImageAvailable

So aside from fixing all the bugs that people have been reporting I've been working on finally getting turrets back up and running. While it took longer than anticipated thanks to obscure bugs, turrets fully support aim and fire modes and I am also putting the finishing touches on the turret ammo system.

Auto-turrets are limited in their tactical flexibility as they can only use aimed shot and full-auto fire and they rely on colonists to reload them. On the other hand they offer higher base accuracy and can hold several hundred rounds to last them through firefights. Between battles pawns with the hauling job enabled will automatically fill up any turrets in need of reloading.

Manned turrets like the ones in the CR Defence Pack work much more like regular weapons in that they can switch between all available fire and aim modes and if they run dry the pawn manning them will either draw from his personal inventory or fetch ammo from the nearest stockpile to reload automatically.

Quote from: Flare Flicker on April 30, 2016, 03:36:22 PM
When installing today i could not even start with the mod enabled. As soon as i loaded it and closed the mod menu I got the "Recovered from incompatible or corrupted mods errors" Tried with and without the community core library nothing else installed. debug showed alot of xml errors and couldn't load anything.. (Unsure how to post it here, tell me and I can reproduce it to post.)

Did you make sure to load CCL before CR?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

dareddevil7

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 30, 2016, 04:18:12 PM

Manned turrets like the ones in the CR Defense Pack work much more like regular weapons in that they can switch between all available fire and aim modes and if they run dry the pawn manning them will either draw from his personal inventory or fetch ammo from the nearest stockpile to reload automatically.

Will you be able to have another colonist reload the turret while one is using it?

exelsiar

Is there a version of this without the ammo system? I love all the other systems, but the ammo seems like 1 thing too much for me to keep track of in game.

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: exelsiar on April 30, 2016, 04:49:41 PM
Is there a version of this without the ammo system? I love all the other systems, but the ammo seems like 1 thing too much for me to keep track of in game.

I honestly didn't like the idea of the system at first, but it honestly isn't hard to keep a decent stockpile of ammo without much micromanaging. Figure out the main guns you want to support then make the ammo for it at a bench with the 'make until' set at 500. They'll usually make around 1000 after colonists grab what they need to restock which means you're spending about 50-70 steel initially with an extra 30ish each restock.

I actually quite like it because now I have a reason to build a decent-sized armory to horde my ammo and excess guns. Its pretty neat watching colonists run in to restock or switch loadouts on the equipment racks.

Grogfeld

Really? With new loadout system there shouldn't be any problem. You get tons of ammo from 1 job - 500 for most of guns except shotguns and RPG (batch of 5 grenades need 500 work-ticks!! too many man, to many :P) , and auto-refill just rocks.

Flare Flicker

Did you make sure to load CCL before CR?

Yes, just redownloaded CR and CCL and still got the errors. Tried loading CCL and that works just fine on its own but once I load CR it disables the mods and spews errors. :/

carpediembr

While it took longer than anticipated thanks to obscure bugs, turrets fully support aim and fire modes and I am also putting the finishing touches on the turret ammo system.
OMG HYPE!

Galvenox

the mod itself works for me, but everyone besides my colonists has this loadout generator stuff and they can't shoot at all. my mod load order is correct, why isn't it working for me? I love the idea but sadly I can't enjoy it.

might be helpful to add, that when selecting drafted pawn, I don't have the option to select kind of ammo and the reload icon.

Frug

Quote from: Galvenox on April 30, 2016, 05:50:23 PM
the mod itself works for me, but everyone besides my colonists has this loadout generator stuff and they can't shoot at all. my mod load order is correct, why isn't it working for me? I love the idea but sadly I can't enjoy it.

might be helpful to add, that when selecting drafted pawn, I don't have the option to select kind of ammo and the reload icon.

Did you restart Rimworld after activating the mods?

Galvenox

Quote from: Frug on April 30, 2016, 06:07:53 PM

yes, just now to doublecheck. created new world and new colony. same problem. starting weapons have ammo, but when it's gone I can't do anything.

Frug

Quote from: Galvenox on April 30, 2016, 06:22:27 PM
Quote from: Frug on April 30, 2016, 06:07:53 PM

yes, just now to doublecheck. created new world and new colony. same problem. starting weapons have ammo, but when it's gone I can't do anything.

Wew strange

Grogfeld

Are you sure there was no errors from CCL? And I mean something not loaded properly like Vanilla Tweaks Hoppers or other stuff? So no notification in log. I had that problem once but it was in previous version.