[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonymous456

@SteelRev I don't play with Hospitality at the moment

@dareddevil7 My colony manager usually has a task to hunt larger things up to 1500 meat, and one to hunt smaller things up to 250 meat. It's more or less a "necessity" if animals are scarce and you still want to, well, not only live of potatoes.

dareddevil7

Quote from: IgorKeefe on April 29, 2016, 09:02:21 AM

@dareddevil7 My colony manager usually has a task to hunt larger things up to 1500 meat, and one to hunt smaller things up to 250 meat. It's more or less a "necessity" if animals are scarce and you still want to, well, not only live of potatoes.
Why not only live off potatoes though

anonymous456

Goldenpotatoes

Did you, uh, check the balance for inferno cannons?

A centipede with a poor quality inferno cannon vaporized 5 marble walls and a colonist in a single shot. Like, full on went from existing to the immediate area of the blast being just dirt.

The trees survived, though. Only the trees. Which have less health than marble walls (420 vs 300).

I don't know how to feel about this.

AllenWL

Quote from: IgorKeefe on April 29, 2016, 08:14:48 AM
I don't know if that has come up yet, but while I enjoyed playing with the mod there were two things that stood out to me:

First, traders at my colony sometimes leave stuff I traded to them. Like, silver and some (?) items just drop to the ground in front of them and I can haul them away again. Might be something about the changed inventory system?

The other thing that is a minor annoyance to me is when my hunters go out to hunt with 30 arrows and they use them up, they switch to the melee weapon I gave them. If I'm not careful, they refill their ammo and now go hunting with a knife. Is there a way to make them switch back automatically?
I think with the inventory system, we should also be able to choose what colonists equip.
For example, if I set it to rifle, the bow, then knife, my colonist will use the rifle, then when they run out of rifle bullets, use the pistol, then when they run out of pistol bullets, use the knife. Then, when they get more rifle bullets, they equip the rifle again.

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 29, 2016, 09:55:55 AM

A centipede with a poor quality inferno cannon vaporized 5 marble walls and a colonist in a single shot. Like, full on went from existing to the immediate area of the blast being just dirt.

The trees survived, though. Only the trees. Which have less health than marble walls (420 vs 300).

I posted the values a bit back.
The inferno cannon ammo(which is what dictates damage) deals 200 damage on hit, then has a explosion that deals 100 damage.
The walls got obliterated because they are buildings, and buildings take extra damage from explosives.
Inferno cannons can destroy PLASTEEL walls in a single hit, and kills centipedes in one or two hits.

Yes, they are OP and unbalanced as hell. Also super heavy and bulky, but it only takes like, 3 hits to wipe out your defenses, so...

akiceabear

Finally had time to put a few hours into this tonight, latest version, plus Rimfire CR. No bugs experienced, really loving it, including the ammo system! Kudos, this remains a must-have mod for me to enjoy RimWorld for more than a colony or two per version.

Goldenpotatoes

Quote from: AllenWL on April 29, 2016, 10:07:27 AM
I don't know if that has come up yet, but while I enjoyed playing with the mod there were two things that stood out to me:

First, traders at my colony sometimes leave stuff I traded to them. Like, silver and some (?) items just drop to the ground in front of them and I can haul them away again. Might be something about the changed inventory system?

The other thing that is a minor annoyance to me is when my hunters go out to hunt with 30 arrows and they use them up, they switch to the melee weapon I gave them. If I'm not careful, they refill their ammo and now go hunting with a knife. Is there a way to make them switch back automatically?
I think with the inventory system, we should also be able to choose what colonists equip.
For example, if I set it to rifle, the bow, then knife, my colonist will use the rifle, then when they run out of rifle bullets, use the pistol, then when they run out of pistol bullets, use the knife. Then, when they get more rifle bullets, they equip the rifle again.

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 29, 2016, 09:55:55 AM

I posted the values a bit back.
The inferno cannon ammo(which is what dictates damage) deals 200 damage on hit, then has a explosion that deals 100 damage.
The walls got obliterated because they are buildings, and buildings take extra damage from explosives.
Inferno cannons can destroy PLASTEEL walls in a single hit, and kills centipedes in one or two hits.

Yes, they are OP and unbalanced as hell. Also super heavy and bulky, but it only takes like, 3 hits to wipe out your defenses, so...

Yes, very much so.  It was some huge tilt-inducing shit, which came after a prolonged skirmish against two sythers (AP ammo pistols and EMP shotgun). I'm pretty sure I would of cried if I was in a permadeath run.

25wes25

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 29, 2016, 09:15:48 AM

The Irish...

dareddevil7

Quote from: 25wes25 on April 29, 2016, 11:00:19 AM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 29, 2016, 09:15:48 AM

The Irish...
Plant some berries too then, get chickens.

dareddevil7

Is it just me or is fire just completely not working?

Trinkor

LoveMcLOVIN

i cant find the defense mod download..
Is it not uploaded for A13 yet?

NoImageAvailable

Okay, one other thing with hunting, but I don't know to what extent this is fixable. I read that some animals can't be hit behind cover, but the hunters don't seem to take that into account (like trying to hit a squirrel behind sandbags etc.). Is that supposed to work that way?

Traders are kinda buggy at the moment. Since they store everything in their inventory but the algorithm doesn't respect the new inventory limitations they might end up going over their bulk limit and then the items are automatically dropped to the ground.

In my current dev build I disabled weapon switching for hunters entirely. You probably don't want them to switch to a grenade or rocket launcher for hunting even if they have one in their inventory, so now they'll simply cancel their hunting job. If they have a loadout defined they'll try to fill up on it so they can get ammo back that way but if not they'll hold off on hunting until the player manually gets them more.

The thing with squirrels and cover is pawns won't target things that are too low to be hit behind an obstruction (this is incidentally what's causing all those embrasures from other mods to break as well, they jack up their fill percentage to the point where with the CR system they're too high for your pawns to shoot over). The problem is they only check for cover up to three tiles away from their target so if the squirrel is blocked by a rock chunk that's four tiles out they won't recognize it. Its a pretty iffy implementation but unfortunately doing a more accurate cover check would have a significant impact on performance so I decided against it.

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 29, 2016, 11:35:44 AM
Is it just me or is fire just completely not working?

Yes, fire was indeed broken. It's already fixed in the latest dev build though. So are thermobarics (or any weapons with secondary explosions), right now they do way more damage than they should be.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Logical

Hey i can only get this mod working on its own (With CCL) whenever i add a single other mod i launch in the game and the ammos packs etc are there but thats about it no reload buttons and nothing is changed other than ammo pack being there anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
-Brandon

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Logical on April 29, 2016, 02:35:43 PM
Hey i can only get this mod working on its own (With CCL) whenever i add a single other mod i launch in the game and the ammos packs etc are there but thats about it no reload buttons and nothing is changed other than ammo pack being there anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance
-Brandon

Restart your game after opening the mod menu
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."