[1.0] Children and Pregnancy - v0.5b (2019/Feb/25)

Started by Thirite, December 27, 2016, 09:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingduck

O Negative

Thirite (author of this mod) hasn't been active on the forums for a good two weeks now.

I wouldn't hold your breath for it. He might be back eventually, but there's no guarantee.

O Negative

According to the license it's under, I guess?

As long as whoever does it uses the same license and what-not.

I would maybe give him some time, though. A17 literally just came out. He might have life stuff going on.

kingduck

Quote from: O Negative on May 25, 2017, 08:33:06 PM
I would maybe give him some time, though. A17 literally just came out. He might have life stuff going on.

Okay, thank you for the reply O Negative :-)

Thirite

I do plan to update this to A17 eventually, along with finishing the half-implemented features I was working on ages ago. It could be a while yet though, as it's a two step process- finishing what's there and then converting the whole thing to A17. By the comments there still seem to be some unresolved bugs relating to the child graphics not updating without saving/loading the game which I will have to look into, as well as possibly converting the mod to use Harmony, which I believe robotguy4 already started.

Rocket_Raccoon

Great news!
This mod is essential for me

Orpheus

Apologies if you're already aware of this, but there is a rather unusual bug which can sometimes occur during childbirth.  On rare occasions, a baby is born, but the 'giving birth' state does not end.  This results in a potentially enormous number of children from a single labour (Engie, bless her little heart, made it to nine babies before I removed the pregnancy condition using dev mode).  Had I not intervened, I think she would probably have continued spawning, for want of a better phrase, until she died of starvation.
On one hand, having nine new colonists was lovely.  Sadly, everybody starved to death before Engie's brood were able to contribute anything to the colony.  It was pretty tragic, realizing that the four surviving infants were the only human beings left on the map, while the base burned down around them and manhunter wargs circled hungrily...
I didn't get any popups or logged errors when this happened, so I don't have a clue what exactly went wrong.

Thirite

Bit of a progress update. Most of the features I was working on are finished:
- Breastfeeding
- Discipline/Scolding and related memories
- Playing with babies/toddlers
- Pawns hugging and related memory
- Crying babies and related thoughts

Not started:
- Kid's games (pattycake, tag)
- Updating to A17

@Orpheus
Are you using the current v0.1j? Does it happen when assisted by a doctor, when not, or both?

Hadley

Great, I'm waiting with my first A17 Playthrough until its updated. I added it pretty late in my A16 Playthrough when I basically already "beat" the Game, so my Kids never made it out of the Toddler age.

But is there a way to configure the chance of Women getting pregnant? I had the feeling my women all got pregant the first time they got some lovin'.

Names are for the Weak

Quote from: Orpheus on May 28, 2017, 03:32:51 PM
Apologies if you're already aware of this, but there is a rather unusual bug which can sometimes occur during childbirth.  On rare occasions, a baby is born, but the 'giving birth' state does not end.  This results in a potentially enormous number of children from a single labour (Engie, bless her little heart, made it to nine babies before I removed the pregnancy condition using dev mode).  Had I not intervened, I think she would probably have continued spawning, for want of a better phrase, until she died of starvation.
On one hand, having nine new colonists was lovely.  Sadly, everybody starved to death before Engie's brood were able to contribute anything to the colony.  It was pretty tragic, realizing that the four surviving infants were the only human beings left on the map, while the base burned down around them and manhunter wargs circled hungrily...
I didn't get any popups or logged errors when this happened, so I don't have a clue what exactly went wrong.
Doctor: Push, Engie, Push!
*pop*
Doctor: Well, will you look at that! It's a beautiful baby boy!
*pop*
Doctor: Oh wow, it looks like we have twins!
*pop*
Doctor: Ow! What just hit me? *looks at ground* Wait, another baby? You had triplets?
*pop*
Doctor: Ok, this is just getting ridiculous.
*pop*
Doctor: Engie, stop pushing!
*pop*
*pop*
*pop*
*pop*

lionessJess

Also just wanted to let you know that I love this mod and I am excited for it to be updated!!

demeggy

Awesome progress :) I won't be starting RimWorld again until this is up to a17. This and Dubs Hygiene are for me two essential mods that need to become core features. Any rough ETA?