[1.0-1.4] Early Times mod

Started by vovik, February 22, 2020, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

About walls/material, i hope all are from Early Times since i used some other mods too.
Simple Walls:
Stone  250HP
Brick  240HP
Ceramic 65HP

Wall:
Stone 450HP
Brick 435HP
Ceramic 120HP

My question, could it be that you exchange the stats of Bricks and Clay bricks (Ceramic) ? Shouldn't the bricks be stronger then clay bricks from the description ?

Could you check the Clay pit building ? I couldn't build it proper. I only can blueprint it at a dig/mineable mountain and the mountain tiles get flag for mining too. When the pawn digged the first tile the blueprint vanish.
Ok just notice, on plain area i need to have water next to it, then the construction works there.
But what's about the placement at the mountain ? Bug,intend or mod conflict maybe ?

Maybe a request.
It is possible to put all furniture from one kind into one button ?
Got Bed,Fur bed,slab bed, Neolithic rest spot and all got affected by end table and dresser.
That made the overview pretty hard.
I think i saw such a selection method at a mod once, but can't remember it.

vovik

Quote from: Canute on September 20, 2020, 10:55:33 AM
My question, could it be that you exchange the stats of Bricks and Clay bricks (Ceramic) ? Shouldn't the bricks be stronger then clay bricks from the description ?
Bricks = heat treated clay, ceramic is adjectile for stuff made from dried clay - this for made for possibility to make ceramic composite flak stuff - for exellent projectile protection (there are ceramic composite armours availiable by now that protect up to direct sniper bullet hit, but not very durable because... reasons), so i made it this way. And low ceramic buildings health is made so that it represents mud house - cheap to make, does not need wood, inflamable, etc. I wanted to make heat treated clay bricks to be cheaper and time effective replacement for making stone walls and early substitute for building inflamable stuff (i will examine and refine costs and characteristics of most stuff once i make all features i want - final polish).
Oh, did i forget to add heat treated brick floor(dont remember)?

Could you check the Clay pit building ? I couldn't build it proper. I only can blueprint it at a dig/mineable mountain and the mountain tiles get flag for mining too. When the pawn digged the first tile the blueprint vanish.
Ok just notice, on plain area i need to have water next to it, then the construction works there.
But what's about the placement at the mountain ? Bug,intend or mod conflict maybe ?
I will add proper description - should be placed on diggable soil near water and cannot be dug up on stone (i did add natural stone tiles to this, but im not sure about modded grounds).

Maybe a request.
It is possible to put all furniture from one kind into one button ?
Got Bed,Fur bed,slab bed, Neolithic rest spot and all got affected by end table and dresser.
That made the overview pretty hard.
I think i saw such a selection method at a mod once, but can't remember it.
Possible to put that into one designation category(similar as flagstone - for beds), but all mods will need to respect that designation. Though there is an exception/error with buildings that have no cost and have designation category(this is reason why all terraforming has cost). Untill this error is removed this request will be implemented partially.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

QuoteI wanted to make heat treated clay bricks to be cheaper and time effective replacement for making stone walls
But did you notice the HP value ?
Currently these are not worth to be used as wall, the plain clay bricks give better walls.
Not sure about the floors, i got brick and adobe for flag/stone tiles.

vovik

Brick wall = heat-treated clay, must be cheaper and more cost-effective than stone blocks (i will ensure that when i will do final balance touches).
>in code: <MaxHitPoints>1.45</MaxHitPoints>

Ceramic wall = mud wall, it should have less hp, jsut because it is plain "mud" wall.
>in code: <MaxHitPoints>0.4</MaxHitPoints>

About walls/material, i hope all are from Early Times since i used some other mods too.
Simple Walls:
Stone  250HP
Brick  240HP
Ceramic 65HP

Wall:
Stone 450HP
Brick 435HP
Ceramic 120HP
as far as i can tell ceramic or mud wall is less in HP than brick wall as intended.
Also brick walls have smaller value to ensure smaller raids (...kind of smaller, i do remember that players tend to hoard high quality stuff so that cost reduction negligible, yet i still do such little balance stuff) and have nearly same hp amount as stone walls and waaay faster build time.

Edit: ceramic adjectile is placed on items made from dried clay because i wanted to have "ceramic" adjective on armors and "clay flak vest" does not sound, while "ceramic wall" is negligible price... sort of
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

Unless some other mod at my list change something.
Brick walls are made from Clay bricks, these are the ones the you get from the Clay pit.
Ceramic walls are made from Bricks, these are made from clay bricks at some fire.

So what is the use/sense of Bricks when walls,furniture got alot less HP and no other bonus like beauty at example.

Your "ceramic" isn't placed on items made from dried clay, it is placed on fire burned clay (bricks).

All your arguments are right, that is why i asked if you maybe exchanged Clay bricks with bricks at first.
Maybe change "Brick" adjectile  into "Mud" and "Ceramic" into "Brick", i don't think anyone would made a flak vest out of bricks ! :-)
Ceramic used at vests maybe need a different production process (not to speak about tech level, i don't think porcelain are that good for armor/weapons).

Edit:
The ice box are a neat thing.
But what do you think about a variation like the RimFridge ?
Storage container 1x1 or 1x2, but instead of power it need ice blocks.
Since it don't need to cool the enviroment it should be a bit effectiv, just 10 ice block's for 3,7 days.
So you can place these next to the table's and pawn's don't need to take the meal out of the coolroom.

vovik

Well, that seems strange

https://imgur.com/a/JIDBMKV
Here is a comparison of ceramic stuff and brick stuff,i just firsthandedly tested, first made clay pit then dug bricks, dried them, built ceramic wall (brown one), then made some bricks at campfire and made another brick wall, then again placed both blueprints - clay wall above and brick wall below, still seems normal. According to this experiment i must say that your version isnt quite right.

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2020, 12:55:08 PM
Unless some other mod at my list change something.
Brick walls are made from Clay bricks, these are the ones the you get from the Clay pit.
Ceramic walls are made from Bricks, these are made from clay bricks at some fire.
Please check MedTimes_Resource_DryClayBricks (clay bricks) and MedTimes_Resource_Bricks (heat treated bricks) in 1.1-1.2/defs/ThingDefs_Items/MedTimes_Resource_Stuff.xml these seem not quite rightin your version - it is fine in my version and i havent visited that file for quite some time.

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2020, 12:55:08 PM
Edit:
The ice box are a neat thing.
But what do you think about a variation like the RimFridge ?
Storage container 1x1 or 1x2, but instead of power it need ice blocks.
Since it don't need to cool the enviroment it should be a bit effectiv, just 10 ice block's for 3,7 days.
So you can place these next to the table's and pawn's don't need to take the meal out of the coolroom.
Oooh, suggestions, thanks. Rimfrige uses harmony patches, i will make compat for that, otherwise i will not include harmony in this mod - i want it to stay standalone. Though, in case, if i will be doing harmony patches it will be made as a separate mod with compatability.
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

QuoteWell, that seems strange

https://imgur.com/a/JIDBMKV
Here is a comparison of ceramic stuff and brick stuff,i just firsthandedly tested, first made clay pit then dug bricks, dried them, built ceramic wall (brown one), then made some bricks at campfire and made another brick wall, then again placed both blueprints - clay wall above and brick wall below, still seems normal. According to this experiment i must say that your version isnt quite right.
*knee before vovik*
My apology, i retest and verify your test.
I was myself 100% sure it was an exchange of the material.
Maybe rename "Clay bricks" into "Clay blocks" so it is different from Bricks.

If you want patch Rimfridge ok. But i thought more at an own furniture for you.
Or just reuse the fancy icebox for this.
I don't think anyone would place the nice looking fancy box into his coldroom which is full of ugly corpse,meat and other stuff.
But as fridge for the dinning room it could do a nice job.

vovik

Quote from: Canute on September 22, 2020, 04:00:34 PM
If you want patch Rimfridge ok. But i thought more at an own furniture for you.
Or just reuse the fancy icebox for this.
I don't think anyone would place the nice looking fancy box into his coldroom which is full of ugly corpse,meat and other stuff.
But as fridge for the dinning room it could do a nice job.
Ok, i made a crude fridge exactly for rottable stuff. Thanks for idea.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Update 01/10/2020
+added bookshelf rack for scrolls and books
>chemistry update
+added glass
+added proper cement(concrete)
+added sand
+added water terraform
+made murder hole research change
+made light reflector radius buff
+made meditation stuff changes and patches
+now some neolitic structures ignored for natural meditation
+added proper chandeller stuff
+added proper fridge stuff
+changed and fixed a lot of other mics stuff

Edit: Oh, i forgot to mention that random shrine now has 50% percent to create an incident. Perfect for randy playthroughs. Have fun. Mhahah. Mhehh.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Added more compatability:
Quarry 1.1
Doors Expanded
Gimmicks
Rim of Madness - Bones
VGP Garden Gourmet
ZARS Tribalism
TribalInstruments
Simple chains: steel
Simple chains: leather
Simple chains: lumber
Medieval times: tools of the trade
RimWriter - Books, Scrolls, Tablets, and Libraries
RimWriter - Books, Scrolls, Tablets, and Libraries (continued)
Musical Instruments
Musical Instruments (Continued)
[RF] Concrete
[RF] Concrete (Continued)
[RF] Advanced Bridges
[RF] Advanced Bridges (Continued)
[WD] Simple Concrete
[JPT] Burn It for Fuel
[XND] Proper Shotguns
[XND] Survival Tools
Mein Herz brennt

Chaos17

Hello,

I tried your mod in a new game and I am getting this error:

XML error: <acceptTerrainSourceFilth>true</acceptTerrainSourceFilth> doesn't correspond to any field in type TerrainDef. Context: <TerrainDef ParentName="Floor"><layerable>true</layerable><affordances><li>Light</li><li>Medium</li><li>Light</li><li>Medium</li></affordances><statBases><WorkToBuild>20</WorkToBuild><Flammability>3</Flammability></statBases><fertility>0</fertility><constructEffect>ConstructDirt</constructEffect><terrainAffordanceNeeded>Light</terrainAffordanceNeeded><designationCategory>Floors</designationCategory><acceptTerrainSourceFilth>true</acceptTerrainSourceFilth><defName>HayFloor</defName><label>hay floor</label><renderPrecedence>260</renderPrecedence><description>Cheapest flooring possible.</description><texturePath>Things/Building/Floors/HayFloor</texturePath><resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed>0</resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed><costList><Hay>3</Hay></costList><researchPrerequisites><li>TS_IndoorFlooring</li></researchPrerequisites></TerrainDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXmlReflection(XmlNode, Boolean)
Verse.DirectXmlLoader:DefFromNode(XmlNode, LoadableXmlAsset)
Verse.LoadedModManager:ParseAndProcessXML(XmlDocument, Dictionary`2)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.<>c:<Start>b__6_1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.<>c:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>b__27_0()
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart()

My Mod list
Harmony
RIMMSAssemble
Core
Royalty
JecsTools (Unofficial)
HugsLib
D9 Framework
Humanoid Alien Races 2.0
Children, school and learning
Babies and Children
Dress Patients
Age Matters 2.0 [1.2]
Doors Expanded (Dev)
ToolBox
[SYR] Universal Fermenter
Easy Extra Apparel Layers
Hats Display Selection
De-generalize Work
EdB Prepare Carefully
Early Times

Full report
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/63698d39e0511be483066bb055cacd35

Canute

Chaos17,
you use the steam version right ?
I am even geting more error's then that.
https://gist.github.com/a59bf2354321c64e1580d3f327664180

Chaos17

Yes, I do use the Steam version.
Why?

Edit: I meant I use Steam Version of the mod but not the game. I use drm free version.

vovik

Quote from: Chaos17 on December 05, 2020, 08:20:48 PM
Hello,

I tried your mod in a new game and I am getting this error:

XML error: <acceptTerrainSourceFilth>true</acceptTerrainSourceFilth>
[/quote]

That is ignorable - i added hay floor and forgot to remove that when synchronizing 1.0 - 1.1-1.2 versions

Quote from: Canute on December 06, 2020, 05:11:16 AM
Chaos17,
you use the steam version right ?
I am even geting more error's then that.
https://gist.github.com/a59bf2354321c64e1580d3f327664180
Again, when synchronizing i dupped some files, thats why dupped thingdefs pop up.
Will recheck ludeon version. Steam version has only filth error.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Update:
+ceramic armors patch
+proper medieval artillery
+rimworld westernization project
+rf bridges continued patch
+Clockwork And Steam