Question when 2 pawns craft same item

Started by Robb, September 02, 2017, 11:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb

I was wondering how quality is determined if 2 pawns are involved in crafting 1 item.

Say pawn A's crafting ability is at 5, Pawn B's is 18. If pawn A does most of the crafting (say 90%) but pawn B completes the final 10%, how is quality determined? If it is solely based on who completes it then I might have pawn A start making several things but have pawn B complete.

Now I would usually just have pawn B do the whole thing since they would be quicker anyways but she is also my only good researcher. So if i can interrupt her just to do the final part, it would speed up my colony's progress.

Shurp

I don't know what mod you're running, but in vanilla items have an owner and only the owner can complete work on them.

Furniture is a different matter, those can be completed by anyone.  I assume quality is determined by whoever finishes it.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Canute

Only one pawn can craft a item, the unfinished project will locked to the crafter who start it.

Only at construction, someone can start to construct something, goto bed and some other constructor can finish it.
The one who finish the job do the quality check of the furniture.

Robb

No mods...Just happened to notice it when I had some furniture being made...1 pawn started the pool table but my another finished it and it was of legendary quality. My thought was to try the same with weapons but i guess that won't work :(

Canute

At crafting you have a skill slider.
You should set the min. skill level to the level your best crafter.
So he can craft weapons and apperal while other doing crafting job they don't get a quality result.

Serenity

Quote from: Robb on September 02, 2017, 12:13:10 PM
No mods...Just happened to notice it when I had some furniture being made...1 pawn started the pool table but my another finished it and it was of legendary quality.
Technically that's not crafting, but construction. With construction I think the one who finishes it determines quality

BoogieMan

Quote from: Serenity on September 02, 2017, 12:59:56 PM
Quote from: Robb on September 02, 2017, 12:13:10 PM
No mods...Just happened to notice it when I had some furniture being made...1 pawn started the pool table but my another finished it and it was of legendary quality.
Technically that's not crafting, but construction. With construction I think the one who finishes it determines quality

I agree, I'm fairly sure I once stopped an inept constructor from building a pool table roughly half through and used a highly skilled replacement and the result was a pool table with a higher quality than the original builder should have been able to produce.