[MOD] (Alpha 6) Superior Crafting v2.11: The Stim Fix! [Updated]

Started by Abrexus, August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the shooting range?  Would you like to see more skill enhancing buildings?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
I've never used it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

2rok

I just played Rimworld with TechTreeMinami and Süperior Crafting enabled and I really think you and Minami26 should make a combined mod pack or something because it was awesome and the two mods would fit really well together!

sensiman

i cant find a way to make cotton into cloth,the weavers table doesnt have the option. is it only me?

Abrexus

Quote from: sensiman on August 27, 2014, 09:49:13 PM
i cant find a way to make cotton into cloth,the weavers table doesnt have the option. is it only me?

The loom is where you make cloth now as well as deconstruct cloth and leather armors.  It's the precursor to my Aparello integration.

sensiman

aha! got it! only,i cant seem to find the option to construct any loom "workbench". tried resetting game,too,and making a new world to retry.

***EDIT**** doh ,forgot to uncheck the older version of apparello,sorry for the inconvenience.

Abrexus

Ok, excellent.  Thanks for taking the time to post.  It certainly could have been broken.  It was a whirlwind week getting the update ready for launch!

sensiman

on another thought,trying the various aspect of the mod,i think there is a slight error on how the chemlab works. once someone works on it  he will not go for eating or sleep, to the point of starvation and exhaustion. i work around it was to draft and undraft him momentarily(which usually works when you need a task cancelled)

JuliaEllie

Quote from: sensiman on August 28, 2014, 01:26:05 AM
on another thought,trying the various aspect of the mod,i think there is a slight error on how the chemlab works. once someone works on it  he will not go for eating or sleep, to the point of starvation and exhaustion. i work around it was to draft and undraft him momentarily(which usually works when you need a task cancelled)

Thank you for your report. we had a similar problem earlier and will look into it asap

Ayt

One thing you may want to consider is increasing the amount of xp earned for crafting. Crafting is a very important skill with this mod, yet people level up extremely slowly because they only get a relatively small chunk of xp after completing a crafting task even if it takes them a long time to complete it. Compared to the other skills, crafting levels up very slowly yet it is one of the most important attributes a colonist can have.

This is just an observation from having played with the mod a bit, but I have found myself strongly favoring colonists that start out with high crafting just because it is so hard to level and it is so important.

just_dont

Quote from: 2rok on August 27, 2014, 08:37:43 PM
I just played Rimworld with TechTreeMinami and S�perior Crafting enabled and I really think you and Minami26 should make a combined mod pack or something because it was awesome and the two mods would fit really well together!
One thing that's great about Superior Crafting -- it's not absolutely *overloaded* with items and constructions and everything else, like Minami's. Everything has reasonable amount of use, everything is in place and giving you the sense of progression. And I'd very much like for it to stay that way. Mods that add 100500 items and things just as the attempt to create variety may be fun for some people, but I consider those more annoying than fun.

( Tchey )

Can you play with the 2 mods together !? How is it possible with the tech tress changes ?

Abrexus

Quote from: sensiman on August 28, 2014, 01:26:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  One question though, are you sure it's the chemlab?  That's not really a custom building in that it uses the same code to operate as any vanilla building would.  We did have a similar problem with the shooting range, but I've been playing the mod myself (I finally have a chance to play) and it appears to be fixed.  I will certainly test this though.

Abrexus

Quote from: Ayt on August 28, 2014, 03:12:05 AM
One thing you may want to consider is increasing the amount of xp earned for crafting. Crafting is a very important skill with this mod, yet people level up extremely slowly because they only get a relatively small chunk of xp after completing a crafting task even if it takes them a long time to complete it. Compared to the other skills, crafting levels up very slowly yet it is one of the most important attributes a colonist can have.

This is just an observation from having played with the mod a bit, but I have found myself strongly favoring colonists that start out with high crafting just because it is so hard to level and it is so important.

This is a great point.  I'll look over the crafting exp values in relation to the amount of work time, and see what can be done.  I agree that leveling up any skill is a bit cumbersome.  I may also slightly increase the amount of EXP gained from the shooting range as well.  Also, what is everyones thought on items that do give skill increases (such as the shooting range for example) having a small chance per gain to also increase a pawns passion for that skill?

Gabriel_Braun

Dude!  Really loving v2 especially the draggable table and firing range :D

One 'bug' I noticed though (it might be deliberate though) is that the tables have all meals disabled as storage items by default? 

Otherwise an awesome mod to keep me happy while waiting for pre-alpha 7 testing to begin, thanks! :D

Abrexus

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on August 28, 2014, 07:55:39 AM
Dude!  Really loving v2 especially the draggable table and firing range :D

One 'bug' I noticed though (it might be deliberate though) is that the tables have all meals disabled as storage items by default? 

Otherwise an awesome mod to keep me happy while waiting for pre-alpha 7 testing to begin, thanks! :D

That's intentional.  The game dynamics changed from alpha 5 to 6 in that you can't eat from a table that has a meal stored on it.  So during testing we decided to have it toggled off by default.

Gabriel_Braun

Quote from: Abrexus on August 28, 2014, 07:59:04 AM

That's intentional.  The game dynamics changed from alpha 5 to 6 in that you can't eat from a table that has a meal stored on it.  So during testing we decided to have it toggled off by default.

Ah didn't know that, it must have been part of the stackable/accessible meals change.
Still no glower on the default furnace either :)

ps- Sorry if it sounds like I'm being critical as that's not the intention, It's just my nature to notice and question things haha

edit- It also might be an idea to make the shooting range a forbiddable object ;)