Is there a mod that prevents pawns from running around when on fire?

Started by tarator, November 03, 2018, 01:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarator

Is there a mod preventing pawns from running around when on fire?

You are safely behind a wall, next to two friends who can help you, why run out into the crossfire... I find this mechanic extremely stupid.

Canute

Could you please try a self-trial ?
Stay behind a wall and let your 2 friends ignite you with a flamethrower.
If you can stay calm and don't run around in panic or pain a mod which can give you a trainable trait fireproofed would be ok. :-)

tarator

We are all taught to stop, drop and roll. And even without that, the basic instinct is to seek help (it is right there), not running away from it.

My gripe is with the Inferno Cannon wielding centipedes causing a lot of micromanagement. At least pawns could return to their position after they are done panicking.

Jiro

Maybe would be plausible for well-trained and psychologically-hardened soldiers, but RimWorld colonists are a really diverse bunch. The average person would probably go crazy and start running around like a cartoon character if they were covered in burning incendiary.

Danillo42

put a fire on a person and see if she stands still, if she runs away and cries of pain, tell her she's stupid ;D

pablo603

I think that pawns with painstopper installed shouldn't run around because they cannot feel the pain anyways. They would be like "oh, nice, warm fire on my clothes. Feels good"

vovik

I think to mod that into AI chip, AI core and painstopper after i get to EPOE or rahn`s bionics (dunno which to choose right now)
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt