Toxic Fallout and Researcher got shot in the head!

Started by Catastrophy, December 14, 2016, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catastrophy

By my own colonists, too! And now Wolfgang is lying in hospital with 1/10 hitpoints(?) of brain damage, lol. I guess that's why he's unconscious?
He might not recover from that? I mean I could easily reload the battle, but this makes a far better story.
Btw can we transplant brains, yet?

Zhentar

As of A15, there is no way in Core to fix brain damage, so Wolfgang is permanently a vegetable.

JimmyAgnt007

Put him in a pod and launch him.  He might make it to a glitterworld.

Thebest41

I honestly think there shouldn't be any way to do a brain transplant

Thyme

A brain transplantation would kill what's left of Wolfgang. The donor would take over his body.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Catastrophy

I've never launched a ship. That is a nice idea. Instead he got a merciful dosage of eternal sleep. And a grave. The remaining psychopaths discussed abducting the occasional transgressors to replace the workpower (which wasn't that great since Wolfgang was a sherriff).

Alenerel

Honestly I never give a shit about my pawns corpses, they just go to the corpse depot where they are food for the pets but thinking in euthanizing somebody because he is brain dead makes me want to put them in a sarcophagus and in a nice tomb.

ReZpawner

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on December 14, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
Put him in a pod and launch him.  He might make it to a glitterworld.

What about launching him, a bunch of chemfuel and a boomrat into an enemy base? Could be fun, you never know.

SilentP

Alenerel

Quote from: SilentP on December 14, 2016, 05:03:51 PM
If only we could implant AI Cores into pawns.

THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Install pawns brains as cores!
"Core decided to euthanize pawn#3 cause their relationship fell too low"
"Core went into a mental daze. Last straw was: ship too small"
"Core went into berserk"

Shurp

Actually, I prefer the original idea.

AI core demands more prosthetic attachments.
AI core suddenly decides to exterminate human colonists.
AI core decides to prioritize defending ship under construction, shooting anyone that approaches.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.