[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogfeld

I love new ammo mechanics! It feels good when you start with this one rifle and only few bullets so, to preserve it for dark moments, right on start you just MUST create bow and arrows to hunt. It's something that give new place for archaic weapons in this game. I never used bows, shivs and knifes but now? When I hunt and my pray is downed just switch to knife and finish it without loosing ammo. Of course it's at beginning when you have few pawns and time to micromanage everything because there is nothing to do.

Also volley of arrows to suppress someone charging at you. Now we need polybolos as an early turret ;)

Madpizzaboy

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 28, 2016, 09:00:24 AM
I love new ammo mechanics! It feels good when you start with this one rifle and only few bullets so, to preserve it for dark moments, right on start you just MUST create bow and arrows to hunt. It's something that give new place for archaic weapons in this game. I never used bows, shivs and knifes but now? When I hunt and my pray is downed just switch to knife and finish it without loosing ammo. Of course it's at beginning when you have few pawns and time to micromanage everything because there is nothing to do.

Also volley of arrows to suppress someone charging at you. Now we need polybolos as an early turret ;)
i cant find any ammo at the beginning , also there's a loadout generator error when i checked on visitor gear

dareddevil7

Armor vests are great, but I need stuff to protect my colonist's limbs before power armor

Grogfeld

Quote from: Madpizzaboy on April 28, 2016, 09:15:18 AM
i cant find any ammo at the beginning , also there's a loadout generator error when i checked on visitor gear
If you start without EdBPrepareCarefully you have only survival rifle with full magazine in it so don't be crazy with it ;)

For the error issue make sure that you properly loaded this mod. CCL first and then vanilla tweaks and right after CR. Also every time you add a mod you MUST restart the game. I don't think that this mod is save friendly so if you have old colony you shouldn't play it with this mod. If that won't help maybe attach a output_log.txt, it's in RimWorld1135Win_Data folder, when this error occur.

For you guys who have pawn running with food like a dog after tail see if your bulk (or weight too?) stat in gear tab is sufficient remember that fine meal have 3 bulk so if pawn try to put it in backpack (vanilla mechanics) it will drop it because it doesn't fit. Just drop some ammo (you don't need 300 bullets for your revolver ;)) and it will be OK.

Madpizzaboy

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 28, 2016, 10:02:58 AM
Quote from: Madpizzaboy on April 28, 2016, 09:15:18 AM
If you start without EdBPrepareCarefully you have only survival rifle with full magazine in it so don't be crazy with it ;)

For the error issue make sure that you properly loaded this mod. CCL first and then vanilla tweaks and right after CR. Also every time you add a mod you MUST restart the game. I don't think that this mod is save friendly so if you have old colony you shouldn't play it with this mod. If that won't help maybe attach a output_log.txt, it's in RimWorld1135Win_Data folder, when this error occur.

For you guys who have pawn running with food like a dog after tail see if your bulk stat in gear tab is sufficient remember that fine meal have 3 bulk so if pawn try to put it in backpack (vanilla mechanics) it will drop it because it doesn't fit. Just drop some ammo (you don't need 300 bullets for your revolver ;)) and it will be OK.
well i didnt restart it after i activated the mod ,thanks for the reply dude

Grogfeld

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 28, 2016, 09:30:03 AM
Armor vests are great, but I need stuff to protect my colonist's limbs before power armor

Apparello for the rescue. It works for me.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Grogfeld on April 28, 2016, 10:49:03 AM

But I don't want all that guff, I just want to have my pawns with arm and leg protection, like Kevlar thigh and shin pads, and forearm, upper arm, and shoulder protection. The armor for the legs could decrease movement speed and the arm protection could reduce work speed.

Jakub k.

SteelRev

Quote from: Jakub k. on April 28, 2016, 11:58:34 AM
does this work with saves and/or other mods?

Saves, yes. I've dropped 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 on the same save game. No issues.

Other mods, mostly. This is the time to find incompatible mods. I know the recycling MOD doesn't work, but I haven't tried to figure out if it's a CR problem or a CCL issue or something else. Just enjoying CR without the recycling MOD.

st james jack john

Still not getting the reload option and colonists wont reload their weapons even though i have the ammo in the stockpile.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: st james jack john on April 28, 2016, 12:13:38 PM
Still not getting the reload option and colonists wont reload their weapons even though i have the ammo in the stockpile.

The ammo needs to be in your pawn's inventory, not your stockpile.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

dareddevil7

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 28, 2016, 11:54:22 AM
Quote from: Grogfeld on April 28, 2016, 10:49:03 AM

But I don't want all that guff, I just want to have my pawns with arm and leg protection, like Kevlar thigh and shin pads, and forearm, upper arm, and shoulder protection. The armor for the legs could decrease movement speed and the arm protection could reduce work speed.
Maybe I should just resort to making everyone wear devilstrand clothing, I think that it has better sharp protection than hyperweave, but maybe not.

porcupine

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 28, 2016, 05:43:53 AM
I can see the reason for including steel arrows. I'll talk to my artists and see if we can get some more arrow variants added in the near-future.

You are now thinking about Rambo, and possibly Macgyver, and you cannot stop.

Just because you don't yet have the technology of guns, doesn't mean you can't make something go bang.

What about crafting some sort of explosive arrows (you had those plants posted a bunch of threads back), not necessarily early game (or cheap), but people do make arrow heads that go boom after all :).

Also, fire/moltov arrows?  I'm guessing it'd be hard to tie something into camp-fires (but I keep picturing colonists holding off a raid with camp fires in front of 'em, pitch soaked arrows or equivalent, maybe something specifically craftable? And a heightened suppressing effect or something to that extent).

I can just picture the above + hunting + boomalopes :D, would make bows more interesting mid/late game, etc.

25wes25

Quote from: Krutchen on April 28, 2016, 06:55:16 AM
I think that maybe the Great Bow should have superior range and maybe accuracy to the short bow, and an adjustment to the warmup based on that.
I think the great bow should definitely have more penetration than it does since the velocity of the arrow is significantly greater than the short bow. That way a much faster flying arrow from a great bow could actually pierce a target's synthread at the same distance as a short bow can't.

Grogfeld

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on April 28, 2016, 12:24:59 PM
Quote from: st james jack john on April 28, 2016, 12:13:38 PM

The ammo needs to be in your pawn's inventory, not your stockpile.

Also if it's .45 it could be Colt or ACP, this are different types. I made this mistake and in Prepare Carefully select .45 Colt for Base Pistol (M1911) so no fun :P