[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: mekukutut on August 01, 2017, 03:26:25 AM
but has some issues i would like to point out.

the goal: usually the game's goal is to get off the planet, spending research and time on a cult might be too much distraction for that, unless the player gets an idea where this cult will lead to: another end way to escape from this rimworld..
maybe there just need a few text notifications coming up after or during cult research, maybe the researcher dreams even more... messages from the outer spaces luring the colonists to follow through (and abandon any plans to get to the ship/build it)? there are moments in the mod where you included small notes like those, they just need a few more imo.

but one item i can't find a tribal alternative for is your new typewriter. it feels wrong installing those in a nearly prehistoric village of people. i'd love to see either the option of sharing tales on the log fire, or the creation of wall paintings/the option to grasp the crazy experiences through art and crafting.

meku

After reading, I just want to say that these are not really issues, more of things you would like to have added.

And, for your first thing. Any and every mod that adds research or new things, would "take time distracting." Your suggestion for a new end is one that many people have asked for, and the reason why it can't (Or really shouldn't) is that no one has any idea of how it should be done, how long you should be alive, and what triggers it. Rimsenal, MAI, etc. These big mods all add things, but none of them really affect getting off the planet. It's not a distraction.
They all add things that can help your colony survive in different and or better ways. In this case, you get powers that help your colonist. And that's how all these mods work if you find them distracting honestly there's no point in installing or using them.

Following your logic anytime you spend researching something that does not have to do with staying alive or space travel, is a use of time and could be too much of a distraction.

Simply saying to lead your cult is far too generic, and in fact, the only way that would work is if you triggered some event where the elder gods came to this rimworld. Which would be rather boring as, even if they sent a massive army against you, by that point it would not matter, as you would have an army of eldritch horrors to back you up. And you would most likely not just be able to continue.

That being said I agree on a few points. I love the idea of a few more notes, as it would make the game feel a lot more alive. I don't think it's even needed (like at all as adding in too many can just ruin the immersion or just be downright annoying) it would just be nice.

As for tribal, I think those would be cool. I would put my vote for wall paintings I believe that it would be cool and would use the art skill like sculpting.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

jecrell

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on July 23, 2017, 03:51:42 PM
Quote from: gCoreByte on July 22, 2017, 02:41:54 PM
Oathtaker not working..

System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
  at CultOfCthulhu.ReanimatedPawnUtility.DoGenerateZombiePawnFromSource (Verse.Pawn sourcePawn, Boolean isBerserk, Boolean oathOfHastur) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.MapComponent_SacrificeTracker.HasturResurrection () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.MapComponent_SacrificeTracker.ResolveHasturResurrections () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CultOfCthulhu.MapComponent_SacrificeTracker.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Running with Core, HugsLib, Animal Armour, A Dog Said..., Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0, EdB Prepare Carefully, Psychology, Tilled Soil, Hospitality, Mass Graves, Set-Up Camp, RazzleDazzle, Recon And Discovery, Tribal Essentials Modpack, Rumours And Deception, [RF] Smooth Stone Walls [a17], ED-Embrasures, Crash Landing, JecsTools, Humanoid Alien Races 2.0, Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic Horrors, Call of Cthulhu - Cults, Call of Cthulhu - Elder Things, Call of Cthulhu - Straitjackets, Rim of Madness - Arachnophobia, and Achtung! all downloaded from the forums.
Oathtaker never worked for me and my load order contains almost every mod you just listed.

Oathtaker works, however, I found that if you saved right after performing the sacrifice and having Oathtaker, the data wasn't saving. I just fixed this. I'll be uploading it shortly.
...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

SpaceDorf

Hi,

I have another stupid problem with the spiders mod.

The event "some spiders arrived, they have a queen with them ! ". - Well I wanted that queen for my collection, but there was none. Twice now.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

jecrell

Cults Update

8/4/17
V.1.17.3.4

-Fixed several Byakhee issues. Tested loading two characters, launching
them, and unloading into an enemy base successfully. Return trips also
successful. Saves between events, all successful. Byakhee should be safe
to use at this point.

-Unspeakable Oath code adjusted to be safer for saves.

Download the Update:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/11381266

jecrell

Arachnophobia Update

Update - 1.17.1.11 - 8/4/17
- The giant spiders incident now displays properly when there is a queen or not among them.
- Spiders avoid placing cocoons in walls.
- Spiders should take greater precautions when placing their webs.

Download the Update:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/11821501

SpaceDorf

Now that was fast ..

but you linked cults on the spiders page.

jecrell

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 03, 2017, 12:23:38 PM
Now that was fast ..

but you linked cults on the spiders page.

Thank you my good man. I think I just fixed that.

SpaceDorf

dodger0788

I have a question about the werewolfs your developing, are they going to act like animals or are they going to be like colonists but when the moon comes up they turn into savage beasts?

jecrell

Quote from: dodger0788 on August 04, 2017, 12:51:49 PM
I have a question about the werewolfs your developing, are they going to act like animals or are they going to be like colonists but when the moon comes up they turn into savage beasts?

Currently, in the Werewolf build I'm running, Werewolves are still considered humanoid by the game's logic.
However, they no longer have the vanilla AI when in their fury.
During a Werewolf fury, Werewolves take on a special blended code similarly to a raider and a manhunter mixed together with a special emphasis on killing targets rather than sparing lives.
They will find the nearest humanoid target, and smash through all the doors they can to get them.
A werewolf fury will only last for a limited time, however, before fading away and returning the colonist to normalcy.

[EDIT]
Note: Fury mode is something that occurs only once. Unblooded Werewolves, when in the presence of a full moon for the first time, will transform and go into a fury mode. After this, a Werewolf can transform into a single unlocked form at will for limited bursts of time. Players can toggle to disable further furies during a full moon in the button list next to the draft button for a character. However, if characters want to "level up" their werewolf powers or gain more forms, they must enable fury. This can create a nice gameplay situation where players should build Werewolf cells to lock up their wolves during full moons to level up their powers.

jecrell

Cosmic Horrors Update

8/5/17
V.1.17.0.3

- All Cosmic Horrors, except Star Vampires, now raid with new AI duties (no more burning, but more kidnapping).
- Star Vampires now should be attacking properly again.

Download the Update:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/11381384

Ratvar

Can you send wwolfs out to caravan alone,so they cannot find any human target to stalk? Make them dissapear into wilderness, try to raid your own base, or something, if yes, or that would be pretty lame . Sorry, i am russian, dunno if you can understand

jecrell

Quote from: Ratvar on August 05, 2017, 09:32:10 AM
Can you send wwolfs out to caravan alone,so they cannot find any human target to stalk? Make them dissapear into wilderness, try to raid your own base, or something, if yes, or that would be pretty lame . Sorry, i am russian, dunno if you can understand

Currently, I was just fixing save issues with Werewolves.
So, you're saying I should do something about when players send Werewolves out on caravans? Werewolves will not level up their skills while in caravans nor learn new transformations. Players who want powerful characters will want to keep Werewolves in their bases and "train" them with full moons.

Ratvar

I will rephrase, i suppose. How werewolfes fury manhunter rage acts in colony made only out of werewolfes? Cause you can just send them to create second one.
Also, 17b Elder Things kept spamming me with "Colonist, cleanbot++ is fully healed!" when their still had psionic bruise from Elder Things melee attack.

SpaceDorf

Some positive feedback :

the Fix for Spiders works. No more hidden Cocoons.

The werewolf question sounds reasonable.
They should not attack each other when raging. But if you are aiming for levels this would be a good reason for having some prisoners around.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]