[A11b] Prison Improvements v1.1 updated by kexici

Started by Wastelander, February 05, 2015, 01:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slan

Please,

Can you put the version "Ingame". When i go in my mod tab and click "info" i have no idea of the version in the description.

When i go in the Mod folder and look in the folders, no idea too.

The only way to know wich version we have is if we have'nt trashed the "zip" file.

Of course this is not something very important, but it's easy to do and friendly user ;)

Thanks for your mod.

kngsnghun

Hey man thanks for the awesome mod, but i got a little bug to report.

When you use slave collars to recruit prisoner, you get -3 moral penalty right?

so some time later, one of the slave broke down and i had to arrest him. this time, i did not use the slave collar.

but when i recruited him the normal way, his description says he was still a slave of the colony, and the moral penalty did not disappear.

Kastuk

What about metal bars walls for shoot and air through, just like embrasures? Can be pretty useful with Skullywags stun guns for quashing revolts.

Rock5

Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

LustrousWolf

BUG: I have 1 prisoner, and 3 rooms with cameras (A cell with camera, a main room with camera, and a outside bit with a camera) and my colonist brings food for that 1 prisoner to each separate place with the cameras, so 1 prisoner gets 3 meals, 1 in his cell, 1 in main, and 1 in the yard, bug or did i do something wrong?

EDIT: Also, i enslaved someone, then arrested them, then recruited them as a colonist, but they kept the -3 slavery debuff after i had recruited them? is it supposed to be like that?

rditto48801

I'm having food issues also.

They will eat delivered food, unless maybe it ends up out of the way like the far end of a prison yard, which I had happen once. (delivering close to where the prisoner was when the task was started?)
They will use the NPD in the common room, which is the main prison room I made with table and chairs. The camera there is named Prison Common Room. They won't touch food stored there. I was using the mod which adds prison meals, but in one test I stored a stack of stock game simple meals and a stack of fine meals. They rotted without the prisoners touching any of them. The prisoners would happily eat delivered simple meals even with fine meals just sitting there.
They won't touch food stored in the freezer, where the back end of the NPD and its hopper is at. A camera is there, which I named Prison Freezer.
All doors between prison rooms/cells/yard, including the one leading to the freezer, are Steel Cell Doors.

I wonder if the prisoners not touching stored food it is due to the fact the mod seems to 'forbid' items in the prison zone from being hauled anywhere.
E.g., if I right click on the stack of simple meals in the prison freezer, the bottom most thing says "Cannot haul simple meal (prisoner room)"

Also of note. In the winter, Prisoners won't touch winter clothing, like Parkas.
I would guess in hot temps they won't touch dusters.

A suggestion, a 'solid' variant of the cell door, partly for aesthetics. It looks a little silly to use a cell door for the freezer.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

Chaplain

So started renovating a temporary bunk house/infirmary/prison into a permanent prison.  Next thing you know I've got a Norbal prisoner in a cell with the prison door who keeps coming out into what is still the colonist living area and immediately getting wardened back into his cell.  So I've now got a viking that *really* wants to come out of the closet.

What am I even supposed to think about this?

Ninefinger

Quote from: Chaplain on April 04, 2015, 11:26:51 PM
So started renovating a temporary bunk house/infirmary/prison into a permanent prison.  Next thing you know I've got a Norbal prisoner in a cell with the prison door who keeps coming out into what is still the colonist living area and immediately getting wardened back into his cell.  So I've now got a viking that *really* wants to come out of the closet.

What am I even supposed to think about this?

Lol well prison doors are allowed to be opened by prisoners so if you put a regular door on the cell temporarily till you can set the rest of the prison up :) and any area that you want prisoners to go you need a camera in that area otherwise your colonists will warden them back to the prison area :)

K9UNIT

Probably the most useful mod i've ever seen here :p.

jamie221085

cant get it to work can anyone help please ?

iv extracted the file into my mod folder and ticked the mod in the mods section but I have nothing more than befor and no extra research

thanks jamie

Kaballah

There is no extra research to be done, there's just the prison cell door in the Structure architect tab, and the security camera on the Misc architect tab.

mcduff

This is going to be really useful for A10, but most of the stuff isn't needed.

It's a DLL and I'm on a Mac, so I'm not sure how to just get the prison door and security camera, but that's all you need really to work with the Joy system.

AllenWL

Well, seeing how prisoners are harder to keep happy, and therefore harder to recruit, the enslavement could be a nice option for the prisoners that you don't want to kill/release, but don't want staying inside the prison losing their skills and wasting resources.

Also, the transfer note could help you move prisoners around and say, put a bunch of prisoners in a area with only horseshoes as a joy provider, making them train their shooting(though very slowly), or put some prisoners you don't really care about in a place with a nutrient paste dispenser to save up on feeding them.

HahaOhWow

Been dying for this to update since A10, seems recruiting has gotten a little more difficult. Miss this mod so much!