[1.0] Turret Collection (update 02.03.2019, adds more contents)

Started by eatKenny, October 15, 2014, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Match

This mod and project armory getting updated on the same day? Time to binge on the rim!

Joeman9833

You had me at the cannons. I love me a cannon.

So I was trying the Missile Launchers and a group of tribals started to attack. I had 10 missile launchers and it was very, very bad for the enemy. I gasped in horror at the death that ensued. Good work at making me cringe. Takes a lot for me to do that. Great Mod!

Demonlord091

I swear I do this at least once an update. Download a ton of awesome-looking mods and then find an arseload of problems with them.

I think at least one of these is related to your mod, I'm no programmer (not even close) so I'm just guessing since it says Advanced Gun Turret Research in there.

Any ideas? Or should I just stop installing crap at 3am.  :P

[attachment deleted due to age]

eatKenny

Quote from: Demonlord091 on December 18, 2014, 03:28:15 AM
I swear I do this at least once an update. Download a ton of awesome-looking mods and then find an arseload of problems with them.

I think at least one of these is related to your mod, I'm no programmer (not even close) so I'm just guessing since it says Advanced Gun Turret Research in there.

Any ideas? Or should I just stop installing crap at 3am.  :P

1. make sure you have the alpha 8 version of all the mods.
2. make sure you activated "Turret Collection". ("Turret Collection: Overkill" is not a standalone mod)
3. after activate the mods try restart rimworld.

PS: try deactivate other mods to see if the problem is caused by this mod. although this mod normally should not have compatibility issues with other mods.

john pretzel

I love this mod. The minigun turret shreds all opposition  ;D ;D thanks for sharing.

eatKenny

Quote from: Joeman9833 on December 17, 2014, 02:31:21 PM
I had 10 missile launchers and it was very, very bad for the enemy.

damn it's raining 130mm rockets  :P

eatKenny

Quote from: john pretzel on December 18, 2014, 01:11:51 PM
I love this mod. The minigun turret shreds all opposition  ;D ;D thanks for sharing.

dont forget to build some brownings in case of solarflare

Joeman9833

Quote from: eatKenny on December 18, 2014, 04:26:10 PM
Quote from: Joeman9833 on December 17, 2014, 02:31:21 PM
I had 10 missile launchers and it was very, very bad for the enemy.

damn it's raining 130mm rockets  :P
Yeah most died from the initial barrage. Hardly any survivors. I love it. Then the Avenger turrets sweeps up the rest. 

BinaryBlackhole

eatKenny

Quote from: BinaryBlackhole on December 19, 2014, 02:51:55 PM
downloaded as windows media player.
hardly understand what you mean ??? i checked, the download link is ok...

palandus

Really enjoyed this mod for Alpha 7. Was curious about a few things though:

1) As some of the turrets require an AI Core, do you have plans on changing traders to carry more of them?

2) As some of the turrets require ammo, do you have plans on changing all traders to carry ammo, as some turrets are useless, such as the Avenger, if you never have a Combat Supplier come by. Alternatively, have you considered maybe creating recipes to create ammo yourself? I believe it is the "Immersive Craft" mod that adds in a Modern Weaponry Bench, that allows you to craft shells, and you could maybe make a compatibility patch to have recipes for that Bench to craft the ammo for this mod.

3) Could you make some more futuristic turrets, kind of like the Laser Turret which is fairly futuristic? Example: R4 Plasma Turret, Railgun, Gauss Cannon, Ion Cannon, Napalm Launcher, etc...

4) I'm not sure, but do turrets benefit from the sandbag cover defense... if they do, maybe consider making a specific turret cover defense, such as a bunker surrounding a turret.

I'll eventually play Alpha 8 and would love to see more stuff from you.

eatKenny

Quote from: palandus on December 19, 2014, 03:50:33 PM
Really enjoyed this mod for Alpha 7. Was curious about a few things though:

1) As some of the turrets require an AI Core, do you have plans on changing traders to carry more of them?

2) As some of the turrets require ammo, do you have plans on changing all traders to carry ammo, as some turrets are useless, such as the Avenger, if you never have a Combat Supplier come by. Alternatively, have you considered maybe creating recipes to create ammo yourself? I believe it is the "Immersive Craft" mod that adds in a Modern Weaponry Bench, that allows you to craft shells, and you could maybe make a compatibility patch to have recipes for that Bench to craft the ammo for this mod.

3) Could you make some more futuristic turrets, kind of like the Laser Turret which is fairly futuristic? Example: R4 Plasma Turret, Railgun, Gauss Cannon, Ion Cannon, Napalm Launcher, etc...

4) I'm not sure, but do turrets benefit from the sandbag cover defense... if they do, maybe consider making a specific turret cover defense, such as a bunker surrounding a turret.

I'll eventually play Alpha 8 and would love to see more stuff from you.

1) the concept of the mod is that you choose what turret you need according to the current defence-setup of your colony, not build them all in a short time, like: when you have very few mortars then you may need RL or Howitzer first, or when your frontline defence sucks then you need AM turret or cannon turret first... the AI Core is to control the progress that you dont have too many big guns in early game and keep the game fun.

2) in this version (v1.7b for A8) i temporary removed the ammo(waiting for "Auto-Loader" from mod "Enhanced Defence" to be updated), in following updates i will consider your advice.

3) i'm not really a fan of sci-fi weaponry, but who knows, if i have more ideas and more time i will do it. thing is, if i make too many turrets some of them may have repeated function which i'm trying to avoid.

4) as far as i know turrets wont benefit from covers, but all frontline turrets i made already have lots of HP, and place some improvised turrets in front of them to soak up some dmg.

palandus

Fair enough. Now this may be a bug (and you may have fixed it already) but in A7, the Howitzer Turret requires an AI Core and must be manned. Is that intentional?

eatKenny

Quote from: palandus on December 20, 2014, 12:52:17 AM
the Howitzer Turret requires an AI Core and must be manned. Is that intentional?

yes, AI core helps aim but need manual reload. like M777 Howitzer, has GPS to help aim but still need old fashioned reload.

TrashMan

Nice. Just one gripe. GAU-8 Avenger doesn't look like the real thing.