[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadlydullahan

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 11, 2015, 01:59:48 AM
Quote from: deadlydullahan on September 11, 2015, 12:33:18 AM
Any plans for sodas that may give temporary stats? Such as an energy soda which temporarily increases movement speed or something along the lines of that? Not sure how difficult such a thing would be to code; just a thought though  ;D
Additional Joy Objects has Thrumbo energy which increases consciousness and manipulation -possibly movement too but I don't remember and I'm on mobile. For Soda Brewing, Koka and Peppi boost stats (Peppi boosts sight, manipulation, consciousness, and movement). I will likely move Thrumbo Energy over to Soda Brewing in a later update since it fits better there.

Ah okay wasn't aware  :P Thank you

AllenWL

So, I had some sick colonists snap in the hospital and go berserk due to the lack of joy, being sick, and various other things, which got me thinking....

Could it be possible to add a joy object that colonists can do while healing up? Like putting a television in the hospital or a bedside board game of sorts to keep your people entertained while they are recovering from injuries and sickness.

cuproPanda

Quote from: AllenWL on September 11, 2015, 02:53:27 AM
So, I had some sick colonists snap in the hospital and go berserk due to the lack of joy, being sick, and various other things, which got me thinking....

Could it be possible to add a joy object that colonists can do while healing up? Like putting a television in the hospital or a bedside board game of sorts to keep your people entertained while they are recovering from injuries and sickness.

Enter Perodyne! There isn't much that can be done with people healing since most of their time is spent either sleeping or being unconscious. Perodyne can be kept inside the hospital room(apparently not on equipment racks), and colonists can get up and take a few pills before going back to sleep. This will ease their pain as well as provide them with some joy even while sleeping. It looks like only medicines that actually help heal injuries can be administered by another colonist, so Perodyne can only be used by a colonist that is conscious and able to move, as well as not a teetotaler.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

WHiZ

cuproPanda

Quote from: WHiZ on September 13, 2015, 02:46:00 PM
Can you please add where we can rotate paintings?
I would if I could. I check every update to see if Tynan added a new feature I could use to do this, but from what I can tell its not currently possible. If I allow rotation, the painting stays the same but the interaction cell moves. Basically, the painting only ever attaches to the north wall. So, to reduce confusion, I disabled rotating.

Th only thing I could do is make all paintings have a single graphic as opposed to randomly choosing between 10. I'll put up a poll to see what people think. Check the top of the main page in a little bit.

EDIT: I'll just use 1 graphic for now. After I can get the paintings working with multiple graphics I'll add them. I've got other stuff planned to change, so I'll try to get a new version out Monday or Tuesday.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

I've got a new thread layout thanks to MarvinKosh, and rebalancing updates have been done! I'm really interested to know peoples thoughts! Does anything(in the newest versions) seem unbalanced? Would you like any additions? Have a random comment? Let me know!

Also, FYI, I'm considering moving to CCL dependent mods for A13. No big deal, it just requires an additional download that a lot of you probably already use

ratboys

zen garden looks so beautiful, i love it so much! thank you its my favorite mod now.

AllenWL

Say, if perodyne are painkillers, what happens if I have some colonist eat a few of them before they go out to battle? Will they not be incapacitated by pain until the drug wears off?

cuproPanda

Quote from: ratboys on September 19, 2015, 02:01:31 AM
zen garden looks so beautiful, i love it so much! thank you its my favorite mod now.
Thank you!

Quote from: AllenWL on September 19, 2015, 08:01:34 AM
Say, if perodyne are painkillers, what happens if I have some colonist eat a few of them before they go out to battle? Will they not be incapacitated by pain until the drug wears off?
That's the thought. I lined up a few colonists who triple-dosed to test it out: they all went from ~ 15% pain to dead. Keep in mind, the Perodyne does make it harder for them to stay conscious, so getting shot/stabbed in the head might incapacitate them if it doesn't kill them. Also, they would be happier, so you wouldn't have to worry about the serious mood debuff from them standing around for a while and getting shot. It might be a good idea to keep a small stash near an outpost/killbox, so colonists can top off their dosage. Like most pills, Perodyne takes about a year to break down, so keeping them in a small shack with a table and chair + survival meals is perfect.

ratboys

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 19, 2015, 12:05:42 PM
Thank you!
my only problems with the mod is the slow movement on gravel but i can understand it, and the border path isn't modular (can't make 2x2 paths without the middle border.) gravel works as a good security tool tho! just wish i could pave my roads with it looks very nice.

cuproPanda

Quote from: ratboys on September 19, 2015, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on September 19, 2015, 12:05:42 PM
Thank you!
my only problems with the mod is the slow movement on gravel but i can understand it, and the border path isn't modular (can't make 2x2 paths without the middle border.) gravel works as a good security tool tho! just wish i could pave my roads with it looks very nice.

Yeah, the slow movement speed was just for balance. I'll see about reducing it since gravel shouldn't slow you down too much. The issue with the middle border come from the way paths are laid out; a 2x2 is really 4 different corner pieces, which need the small square of outer border so they look right when making corners. I'll draw something up later for a gravel walkway that doesn't slow colonists down. Progress is pretty slow with this mod since I'm never satisfied with the way my graphics turn out. Terrain is just not my strong suit, I guess.

cuproPanda

A weekend with food poisoning and I still got 2 new mods done! One adds new medications, and the other allows brewing sodas using some fruits from dismar's Vegetable Garden mod!

Tekuromoto

Thanks for these mods, cuproPanda. I especially like the bookcases and reading tables.

I have one question (which isn't actually related to your work ::)): in your screenshots you've got various things (sodas, medicine) stored in storage racks. What mod are you using to let you store things other than weapons and apparel in your racks?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 21, 2015, 11:41:34 PM
Thanks for these mods, cuproPanda. I especially like the bookcases and reading tables.

I have one question (which isn't actually related to your work ::)): in your screenshots you've got various things (sodas, medicine) stored in storage racks. What mod are you using to let you store things other than weapons and apparel in your racks?
Thanks! I really enjoy making mods and adding new content to a game I like  :)

For storing stuff on the racks, I just use the good ol' dev menu. I build the layout of a shop or a store, then use the "Tool: Try place direct thing..." command(seen below in a picture of the dev menu). I then find what I want to place and place it where I want, regardless of the rules! Colonists will try to take them off and put them in storage, though, so it won't work too well for gameplay. You could check out Clutter, OmniStorage, and MD2 Storage; those are some options I use for storing more stuff when I play. I don't show that stuff in the pictures, though, since I don't want to cause confusion about what my mod adds.

[attachment deleted due to age]

dismar

I personally love the Soda pop mod. And of course the Look of the New pops using my garden!