[Outdated] Marvin's Hot and Cold Pack IV

Started by RemingtonRyder, December 12, 2014, 12:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

SilverDragon

RemingtonRyder

Found a bug, fixed a bug, here's v1.3.5 and no, don't worry, it's nothing major, just... you may have noticed that it's next to impossible to get a tailoring kit. :)

RemingtonRyder

Added to the compatibility notes. I made some very minor changes to the neolithic and melee weapons defs to allow those weapons to be smithed at the kit-based smithing table. However, these changes are not compatible with other mods which alter the weapons. I'll write a patch for it, though. :)

Aaaaand patch done, see top post.

evrett33

I dont understand the kits..what is the reason for these things? I keep building the tables that require kits instead of the regular ones and its annoying.

RemingtonRyder

Three things.

1. It reduces the build time for whatever you're building from a kit, since most of the production is done while making the kit.

2. You can move production tables around without losing resources as you would by deconstructing normally.

3. It allows you to progress on maps where you normally wouldn't have the necessary resources available to you - in other words, on the ice sheet.

I'll look into retexturing the kit-based tables so you can tell them apart. on the menu.

1.3.7 is now ready for download. It contains retextures.

RemingtonRyder

Today I'm going to be testing out turret upgrades.

Basically, you can take the steel or plasteel kits for turrets and upgrade them at the smithing bench, with a little bit of extra material (5 steel or plasteel respectively). There is a minor catch - you need a colonist with a crafting skill of 6 to do it. :)

The enhanced turrets will have slightly more health, slightly enhanced accuracy, a shorter cooldown between firing bursts, and 5 shots per burst.

RemingtonRyder

Teaser for something I'm working on for the 1.4.0 release. :)

[attachment deleted due to age]

RemingtonRyder

I've ironed out the bugs in the 1.4.0 release. Thinking about adding more textures now.

One thing that I haven't implemented yet is reactivating deactivated uranium power cores (which, for safety reasons, are ejected when a hardened turret explodes).

RemingtonRyder

I've posted a thread over here to request some nice textures for the new turrets. If you are artistically inclined, please check it out. :)

RemingtonRyder

Made a start on the new textures myself today. They're not quite up to the quality that I would like, but after much loading and reloading I figured out that the texture needs to be light and not too colourful for the stuff colour to work well. Which is progress, if not much. :)

RemingtonRyder

Hey there! I've been bringing this mod up to date for Alpha 9.

It still needs a bit of testing and I haven't got the new textures ready yet so that's the next thing to work on, but at least the XML updates are done!

RemingtonRyder

Alpha 9 version of WIH is basically done except for turret textures.  For now, I've released the Harsher Tundra mini mod for Alpha 9.

RemingtonRyder

The Alpha 9 version of Winter is Here is ready. Get it here.

The Upgrade in Progress edition adds upgradeable kit turrets.

A colonist with a high crafting skill can take a basic steel or plasteel kit turret and upgrade it at the smithing table to an enhanced kit turret. These can be further upgraded at the advanced smithing table. Even the humble steel kit turret can take an additional upgrade!

Some of the new turret textures are not up to the standard I would like, but I will look to improve on them.

The parka is still pegged at a cold insulation value of -32C, and has a slightly lower global work speed penalty than Alpha 9 vanilla.

Hide insulation factors have been adjusted downward from Alpha 9 vanilla, making cold conditions a bit more challenging, but not impossible to overcome with a half-decent crafter.

Oddments traders will buy and sell apparel. Previously they would only buy and sell the winter apparel.

Also added is the Stonecutting Skill Change mod, which changes the job used for stonecutting to Mining. Now your miners will make bricks when they're not busy digging tunnels.

Enjoy the mod update, and enjoy Alpha 9. :)

RemingtonRyder

I made a small goof with the link to the Alpha 9 version in the original topic. Just as well I posted the right link above. ^

The 1.4.1 version added the changes from the Stonecutting Skill Change mod - miners will prioritise stonecutting first, then actual mining. If you're having trouble getting through mining jobs, scale back stone production.