[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion

Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same ;D

It's a much asked for feature, but it's also a big one. I'll have to see when I can make time for it.

Codexehow

Thanks! We appreciate the work you've put into it so far.

Personally, I think the zones thing is a big deal. Or, at least make it so they will respect locked doors if possible :).

In my current game, my weed greenhouse was just about ready to be harvested...then...raid...and they go straight for it. They break in..letting the cold in..the crops instantly die.

So I start up a few plants in hydroponics...a measly crop...I finally roll the meager joints for my peeps and lock them away in the "special room" to be rationed for those times when I can't get rid of the raider bodies fast enough... and what happens? This chick just walks straight through the forbidden doors and passes them out to her friends.

I know the name of the mod is 'hospitality,' but we needs some boundaries :P.

Orion

Maybe I should turn it around and let you declare "off limit" zones. But you actually have to deploy armed guards so guests won't enter and steal your stuff ;)

It would make it much more RimWorldish... "guests" suddenly making off with your stash of meds :P

"The visitors from Umba Bumba really enjoyed their stay (+30). They took 16 medkits, 37 fine meals, superior sniper rifle, good television and Sniffy the Dog without paying."

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: Orion on August 09, 2016, 06:40:04 AMIt would make it much more RimWorldish... "guests" suddenly making off with your stash of meds :P

"The visitors from Umba Bumba really enjoyed their stay (+30). They took 16 medkits, 37 fine meals, superior sniper rifle, good television and Sniffy the Dog without paying."

You should meet some of my friends one day. No one would complain about measly plasma televisions and sniper rifles "disappearing" after inviting them ^.^

Anyway, I absolutely do like the fact that the guests of my colony take some of what they feel like appropriating (as long as they don't blow up the whole base while they're at it, and leave the essential running, like generators, turrets and such).

It would be too damn heartless to deny them some "fun" before meeting their demise and dieing, since they answer without fail each time I call them to assist me with a rough fight.

Anyway, this mod is outstanding, and I would like to thank you for sharing it with us.

Serenity

I like having my rack of beer in my dining/entertainment room (the guest room is connected right to without a door it without a door, it counts as their room). I have the beer forbidden for my guys, so they don't drink it all the time. I guess other people not respect that is somehow hardcoded in the game and can't be modded?

I haven't had guests wandering around my base yet though. They go straight to the entertainment room and back :)

EDIT:
Gah! WTF. They don't just drink a beer per person. One of the assholes just walked off with 30 bottles :( At least he paid for it. Gonna put the beer stash in the kitchen

Codexehow

Haha, now you get it :P. It's an awesome mod, don't get me wrong!  :o

Codexehow

Quote from: Orion on August 09, 2016, 06:40:04 AM
Maybe I should turn it around and let you declare "off limit" zones. But you actually have to deploy armed guards so guests won't enter and steal your stuff ;)

It would make it much more RimWorldish... "guests" suddenly making off with your stash of meds :P

That would work, actually. All I can do right now is have my best builder build a friggin WALL to hide my weed stash when guests come. :P

"Where's the weed, bra? We've traveled a long way."

(Steps in front of shabby wooden wall) "We're eh..out, bra."

Great mod though, either way :) It adds a lot to the game.

Orion

Quote from: Serenity on August 09, 2016, 10:01:15 AM
I like having my rack of beer in my dining/entertainment room (the guest room is connected right to without a door it without a door, it counts as their room).
You can put a door in between. Guests freely move between entertainment and their guest room.

I have the beer forbidden for my guys, so they don't drink it all the time. I guess other people not respect that is somehow hardcoded in the game and can't be modded?
That's indeed standard behavior. With enough work, almost anything can be modded. I'll see if I can do something about it, but it'll take a lot of time.

EDIT:
Gah! WTF. They don't just drink a beer per person. One of the assholes just walked off with 30 bottles :( At least he paid for it. Gonna put the beer stash in the kitchen
Things you put in a guest room are up for sale. Once I have zones for guests, only stuff in the zone will be for sale.

Serenity

I thought they rated the impressiveness of their guest room only. If it's the entire base instead, that's better :)

Things you put in a guest room are up for sale
Yeah, I remembered that the second he bought it. But I made some nice money from it.

Igan

Is there a posibility to lower the recruit chance of the visitors and raise the chance of the rescued pawns?

I'm very tempted to recruit any useful visitor, which ends in very populated colonies early game. Something about the lines of the prisoner recruit chance (but a bit higher) could be great and balanced.

Orion

Quote from: Igan on August 09, 2016, 04:12:46 PM
Is there a posibility to lower the recruit chance of the visitors and raise the chance of the rescued pawns?
It's hard to get it right. I hard it like that earlier. But I want to make it more of a tough choice how to spend the relationship points than try and error to get the person convinced (it still is if you don't have a reasonably good recruiter).

I'd rather lower the rate of getting points from visitors.

Igan

Thank you, lowering the trust and hospitality points could be a very nice solution. I have played in two colonies with this mod, and it's pretty easy to please your guests.
Also, the will malus with the neighbors when you convince a guest to stay in your colony could be raised to punsish more; right now you see a good visitor, then invest $1000-2000 in gifts on the commns console, so you recruit the guest only losing a bit of silver.

Orion

Quote from: Igan on August 09, 2016, 05:14:53 PM
Thank you, lowering the trust and hospitality points could be a very nice solution. I have played in two colonies with this mod, and it's pretty easy to please your guests.
Also, the will malus with the neighbors when you convince a guest to stay in your colony could be raised to punsish more; right now you see a good visitor, then invest $1000-2000 in gifts on the commns console, so you recruit the guest only losing a bit of silver.
I do think that's reasonanble. It's about what you'd pay for a slave. Also I made it so the comms costs get higher the more you use it.

It's hard to find a good balance between letting new colonies get a new recruit here and there and stopping long time colonies from recruiting everyone who comes along. If you have more ideas, I'm glad to get input.

AMetalGear

I enjoy the mod very much, I'm just having a slight issue.
I decided to install more faction mods and that seems to result in only one faction visiting me. (the factions goodwills are in the positive numbers) so more should be visiting but aren't. Is there a way something could be explained to help fix this?

Phaedris

How hard would it be to make the (rescued pawns now have a chance to join the faction) part of this mod standalone?