[A15] All craftable items use same amount of mats

Started by blud, September 06, 2016, 05:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blud

Regardless of what i make it all has the same material prereqs as shown below.

this is a list of my mods

Shinzy

I spotted two other people having this bug
so I did some minor snoopering and relieved them both of their modlists
I tested with all the underlined ones and couldn't recreate the bug so :p *shrug*

the other two "fixed" the bug by disabling some mods, The middle one got rid of the bug by disabling Haplo's misc mod (which I tried quickly too, and couldn't get the bug with) and the other got rid of it by disabling the hair mod, which is just too simple to even cause it

Either there's several mods going around causing same bug or it's some kinda obscure vanilla bug caused by adding mods that only the three of you have
or something else really really mysterious

I do hope someone's able to hunt it down :p

joelabino

Having the same problem aswell the only mods i have that are in both of those modlists aswell are "prepare carefully" and  "expanded prosthetics and organ engineering".Seems like they might have something to do although it dosent really make sense.

I am having this issue while updating CCL.  It can't possibly be a bug caused by mods, it has to be a core bug revealed by mods (like the short hash issue).

Hopefully Tynan/ison find the time to look into this issue.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

skullywag

I also think this is core, I also think it effects random mods in your list so none of these mods are at fault, it smells like the hashing stuff in some way, the more i see of that the more i dont like it. Problem is I cannot replicate it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Zhentar

I've been digging into this... but so far I've failed to make any sense of it. Unfortunately, I'm not able to reproduce the issue either, so that makes it harder to narrow things down.

For anyone who is encountering this, could you post a save with it? Not sure that it will help, but it can't hurt.

And some questions I have to clarify the details:

• When you say "all", do you mean everything? Are floors also affected? Furniture?
  • Does the "stuff" chosen affect the material list? (and for that matter, can you still choose different stuff?)
  • Does the placed blueprint show the same, incorrect materials list?
  • Does the frame (what the blueprint turns into once a pawn hauls any materials to it) also show the same materials list?
  • Does the pawn haul the correct materials, or the same incorrect materials displayed?

edit: two additional questions:
6. The thing you designated to be built is what appears when the construction is completed, correct?
7. If you save and reload, is it still the correct thing?

Adventurer

If you want Tynan to look into this, this should be moved from the Mod Bugs section to the Bugs section, otherwise it will fly under his radar.

skullywag

Im moving this to bugs forum, myself and Zhentar have been hacking away at this issue, we cant find anything concrete but we can say that the image in the first screenshot is the overridden "shipchunk" costlist from the cupropanda Expanded power mod being added to the granite wall building. Zhentar can explain this better than I but he seems to back my thinking that its hash related, ill let him put his theory here.

Zhentar

I just shot down my theory, unfortunately. (ship chunks are neither designateable nor minifiable, so there is no implicit blueprint or frame generated).

ItchyFlea

If someone can provide repro steps, or even a output_log.txt from a game that has this issue, that would be helpful. Repro steps would be best though, as some bugs don't show themselves in the output_log.txt, and this might end up being one of those bugs.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Tynan

Repro steps can include a mod. I'd just want a minimal set of steps/mods to make the bug occur. Ideally from one or zero mods.

I'm also not sure, from this thread, what the bug consists of. What happens? What did you expect to happen?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

We have been working for days even using detours to debug (i know). The reported issue (by multiple people) is that something triggers all buildabledefs suddenly require all the same materials. In the instance in the OP. Granite walls suddenly are using the costlist of the shipchunk, one of the mods does override the shipchunk.

It seems the amount of defs is related to the problem happening somehow from what weve observed, zhentar thought it might be some kind of hash limit and the amount of defs with all the mods was pushing some closer than others but that wouldnt explain the costlists being screwy. As of yet we cannot reproduce. If one of the people affected can zip up their modset and modconfig I will happily attenpt to replicate it.

Adventurer

Could it perhaps have something to do with mods that were compiled with 15a or 15b dlls?

skullywag

Possibly, we couldnt ever rule that out as we coudnt find the mod in question.