[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_Suffix

Okay. I appreciate the fact that V1's getting some upgrades, but I want to finish my current B18 playthrough that's supposed to be in a video series, and I need a B18 translation to make it more palatable.

Ian_Suffix

I may have discovered a Thing settings problem in my translation testing. It seems that radioactive slag is unhaulable (yes, I set a dumping zone with waste products all active), which made for a sad spectacle in my hospital where burn victims were being continuously fried by nearby slag.

If slag is based off of steel scrap, then it needs a hauling widget added to it.

EDIT: Also, after researching actuators, motors, and servos for an accurate translation, I'm mostly convinced the "Drive Actuator" should be "Drive Servo" or something, as apparently actuators produce linear motion.
EDIT: Also, also, am I correct in assuming the "Reactor Alert!" sidebar message is hard-coded into English?

VincentJ

Quote from: Dubwise on July 05, 2018, 07:25:30 AM
I also just made my new mod Rimefeller for v1 public here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321849735

Hello Dubwise

I'm very interested by your new mod rimefeller, but you only can use it if you have the v1 on your computer, no ?
I only have early access game on mine, I haven't read nothing concerning a release, like a declaration from the ludeon studios

How can I help you to test rimefeller ? A page for this mod should be created somewhere, don't you think ?

hnnk

I have some questions.
I built a reactor and felt like the king of the world. I had power.

Then the fuelrods started to deplete and I didn't quite know how to fix. I began to empty the reactor and then a few of my pawns got radiation sickness and 2 died. Oops.

Now I have mitigated the problem by building i whole lot of chemfuel reactors and solar power and now I'm all set but its not scalable and I want to do the Nuclear dance.

Is it possible to assign pawns to look after the reactor because I dont want to equip everyone with radiation suits. Is there any best-practise post anywhere you can get some pointers from?

Dubwise

B19 version of rimatomics and rimefeller now up

Sorry for not replying in a while notifications got turned off again

Rimatomics still needs some work, but the weapons reactors and nukes should all work, upgrades are iffy, need to fix lots of strings and stats

Main changes are:
Some new graphics
New reactor UI with fuel type selection & fine adjustment for the control rods
New chain-reaction code for cores
Fuel storage pool can now be rotated
New nuke blast code, fixed a bunch of world object problems.
New stockpile filters for cracked & processable fuel
Added Pu count & cracked status to fuel inspect tab
Radiation absorption changed to use the hp instead of stuff type
Added blast doors and DU wall with 1000hp
Re-coded all of the energy weapons
Railgun is now line of sight but has a very small minimum range
Simplified weapon range & damage
Large reduction to cooldowns & pulse sizes
Changed most of the upgrade stats to fit the new flat pulse sizes, still needs work
Made weapons stuffed so they can be made with composite from Rimefeller
Added kill counters & rank patches to weapons
Changed weapon pulses to spread evenly across PPC's
Changed a bunch of weapon names & added fluff
Added the marauder

BluealienWilson

Will you be uploading non-steam downloads soon?
God help us all.

Dubwise

BluealienWilson

Ah, I'm just being stupid, for some stupid reason I didn't bother to go over the large orange 'Download Rimatomics' text  ;D
God help us all.

Dubwise

updated rimefeller to .195, added idle power modes for everything and fancy status lights

Probe1

I have no idea how to set up my PPC's.  When one turret uses energy it depletes the amount from all of them.  Can I see an example design?

Dubwise

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1515875356

as simple as that really, the pulse will draw evenly from all connected ppc's

Probe1

Thanks.  I'll take another look at it.  My issue was they being drawn evenly alright.  Every PPC connected to the same powernet was losing the same amount of watts.  No matter how many I had, each would lose x watts every time something fired.  I must have misunderstood what I saw or if I was right, it must be a mod conflict.

Dubwise

yes that's correct, the pulse will be drawn evenly from all connected ppc's on the same power net, if you have 4 ppc's and 1 obelisk then when it fires a 1kw pulse will be drawn from all 4, at 250w each

Geck099

Good Day, Gents

Potentially noob mistake here but I am getting no bill to make turbine blades in the Rimatronics machining table.

Am i doing something wrong or is there a known bug? Have researched everything in order, built cooling tower, but cannot build the turbine?
Can anyone shed some light on whats going on?

EDIT: the game was not seeing the cooling towers - seems to only propagate the turbine blade bill to the machine table once its "seen" the cooling towers - OP maybe this is something to consider, it definitely stopped me until I debugged the research list for Nuclear power. Orrr im still being a tool. :)

Regards
The Gecko

Dubwise

updated rimefeller, added b19 and 1.0 versions.

New graphics for all of the refineries.
Buffed synthamide's stats a little.
Rimefeller materials are now filtered out of resource pods.
Rimefeller stuff is no longer used by the map gen to make walls, no more rainbow raider bases.
Added a resource console, it has to be manned by a crafter for refineries and crackers to run.
The console has to be built before you can see the shallow oil grid.
Moved deep drilling behind ground radar research, and the deep oil grid now requires a ground radar to become visible.
Added a steel as fuel cost to derricks during the drilling phase, the deep well costs more, once its complete there is no more steel cost.
Added random pipe breaks with oil spills, and earth tremors from excessive drilling.
Added advanced component costs to the higher tech refineries.
Added power modes to the crude cracker, the general power cost per fuel is increased.
Changed the well pressure, the rise is linear which makes it easier to build up.
Deep wells have higher max pressure.