[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mehni

What are your thoughts on an optional "Reactor Manager" job? Have a research capable pawn man the reactor console and keep power output within optimal limits. If they leave, set power production to the last level/last peak consumption/last player set-value.

It's busy work for pawns, but they're the ones with 8 intellectual, not me. I'd sacrifice pawn time for a more hands-off approach.

Canute

I am sorry, but that is a job for a rather simple electronic circuit not a pawn.

A pawn is needed at accidents/malfunctions but not to press or turn a switch every 5 min.
But maybe a pawn can modify the reactor console with his skills, so it can work with +-50%.
The effect of the modify slowly move back to 100%.
And a modified console should have a higher chance to break or cause a malfunction event.

Dubwise

i'll just change the gradual curve to a flat one with a sharp falloff at the end, i added lots of detailed scales and curves for reactors and weapons, but im trimming it all down now in the next patch, less fiddly numbers more zap zap

leo94

Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELPP!!!!!!!!!!!

I researched rimatomics and was trying to get the energy weapons going but I am getting stuck at build a weapons research bench. Even after I build it, it shows the step as pending!! Please help. Would really appreciate anyone's response.

Thanks in advance.

monkmith

having an issue, i'm trying to progress through the initial weapons research and i've hit the final step where it says to build a prototype ppc.  i built a ppc, its charging, its on the same power grid, but the research isn't progressing.

edit: nvm missed the bit where it says it needs to fully charge first. 

The_Spare_Ace

Quote from: leo94 on April 29, 2018, 07:42:18 PM
Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELPP!!!!!!!!!!!

I researched rimatomics and was trying to get the energy weapons going but I am getting stuck at build a weapons research bench. Even after I build it, it shows the step as pending!! Please help. Would really appreciate anyone's response.

Thanks in advance.
Is the Weapons Research Bench by the Rimatomics Research Bench?
TNW Export Company ~ Exporting crops and textiles since 5057! Come visit us at our HQ, Himmelsdorf, or request a trade ship from us.

Ian_Suffix

Hi, long time customer here-- I'm working on a patch that allows you to build Building_PPC things with metallic stuff, to conserve steel and presumably boost HP (still testing that). I've had some success, but with current non-white textures, the final muddy effect is so unpleasant I feel like I'd rather rebuild my tesla coil(s) after every battle. Obelisks and PPCs in particular are near pitch black.

I know there's a lot of weapons rebalancing in the works, but I'm still interested in seeing this to fruition. However, to make the textures look nice, I need to make some edits to the weapon bases, like the tesla coil. I don't want to ruin the excellent textures, so I'd like to ask for access to the building texture source files, assuming they're separated into layers.

Whattaya'say, Dubwise? I'm currently frequenting #rimworld-mod-development if you're anywhere near Australian time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, PPCObelisk has an unused costStuffCount if you're interested in weeding out unnecessary nodes. It'd save my patch mod the trouble of removing it, if it was deleted.

Dubwise

They are a combination of illustrator and photoshop and the illustrator part where its coloured is messy and requires lots of editing in photoshop. It's easier to just make a mask file, dupe the textures append m to the end of the name open them and fill with red then they wont tint. And instead of doing stuffed versions i'm adding a shielding/armour upgrade module in the next patch and generally increased hp, not decided what the effect is yet, possibly supercapacitor plates that use power since i reduced all the pulse sizes substantially, or it may be consumable.

Ian_Suffix

Ah-ha! Armor plating is precisely what I was looking for originally, although I have to say, the solid gold tesla coils looked like they had something going for them. Masking is a great idea, but I guess I'll settle for patching in reduced build costs to offset the HP problem for now.

I hope to see an update or beta release soon! And just an added nitpick, the tesla coil's pylon seems to be a bit long at the bottom, even peeping out from under the lowest electrode.

EDIT: For some reason I keep working on this:

Canute

Just a dumb idea, if you can made out of depleted plutonium/uranium, does the attack that comes too close be damage by radiation ? :-)
Yes i know these arn't building materials, just hypotetical.

Dubwise

DU is fairly safe, you have to smash it to dust and inhale it really. Plutonium not so much but the way to do it would be to place spent fuel in your kill box or outside walls of your base and use shielding and a bit of space to make sure colonists don't get zapped.

Also i'll fix that tesla graphic, i need to resave every graphic anyway to fix the white matte that photoshop defaults to

Ian_Suffix

Quote from: Canute on June 06, 2018, 07:09:18 AM
(on building out of depleted uranium / plutonium)

Armoring things with radioactive materials seems like a bad idea since your own animals and colonists will be the ones spending the most time around them. Nuclear waste dispersal traps that intentionally provide massive doses of radiation (like gamma traps in Fallout 4) might be a neat idea, but in reality, this would leave the contaminated areas unusable for any other purpose.

Canute

Who care's about a little bit of the terrain, when the tiberium spread over the whole world ? :-)

Ian_Suffix

Hey Dubwise, I finished my patch. Mind if I uploaded it to the workshop as an interim solution for armor?

Dubwise