[1.3] Rimatomics | Rimefeller

Started by Dubwise, August 28, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian_Suffix

Uploaded! Now this is unrelated, but having played some hardcore PPC-blazing RimWorld these past few days, I have to ask: whatever happened to custom pulse sizes? I seem to remember in A17 being able to change the power setting on tesla coils and obelisks, but as of right now, my tesla coils are slaughtering valuable prosthetic donors and my obelisk is vaporizing anything with less mass than an elephant. I know this'll be partially solved with the next update, but was there implementation problems that resulted in the rolling back of power/range setting gizmos?

Dubwise

i shouldn't have removed the settings in the last update really, i planned to do another update quickly after but it ended up being stretched out to half the mod being rewritten, you can still use an older version to get the settings back, everything has changed in the next update, i'll see if i can get some less than lethal options added to help round up prisoners

Jan2607

Could you allow us to turn the buildings which have an entrance on only one side? I forgot about it and now my storage pool is pointing in the wrong direction.

Dubwise

yeah i'll have to remake the graphics and animation but a few people have asked for it, it will probably look flat and 2d though

bartekkru100

Hi, is there any patch to make railguns work with combat extended?

Jan2607

How can I stop a fire mission on my railguns? Even if my colonist leaves weapons console, the railgun continues to fire. "Stop forced attack" only works if you aim at targets on the same map.

Edit: Nevermind. Tick and untick "Hold fire" did work. But maybe the guns should stop the fire mission, when the weapon system operator leaves the console.

Dubwise

next version works with CE, had to change the scanner for projectiles, and all the guns have been recoded, hopefully fixes targeting problems like that

Jan2607

Jan2607

The ALC doesn't work on a railgun. According to description, it should decrease the cooldown time by 10 seconds, but cooldown is still 28 seconds.
And about the ICBM, when I needed to testfire the ICBM to gathering weapons data, I thought I will need only one ICBM to complete that task. But it completed the task only to 80%, so I will need another ICBM. Could you change it, that one missile is enough for it? Because they are really expensive to build.

And two questions:
1) To get enough plutonium to get more fuel then I use do I have to process it at exactly 50%? I processed 12 fuel rods at 47-48% and got only around 150 plutonium out of it. To make 12 new MOX rods, I need 240 plutonium.
2) How long does nuclear waste emit radiation? I noticed that at some point my detectors won't go off anymore, but after how many time?

hnnk

I'm having trouble in getting the railgun loaded. When trying to give a pawn prioritized work it says "No Space"

Dubwise

hnnk

Quote from: Dubwise on June 27, 2018, 07:21:47 PM
what does the magazine capacity say?

I actually deconstructed the railgun and built a new one. Yesterday before I got to bed it had the same problem but now it seems like it doesn't.

Still not sure what the problem was (I had removed the roof which is visible from the first pic). But since it works now, screw it. Now I'll get to try it on a rabbit or something.

EDIT: Now it wont fire instead.
Any thoughts? Trees in the way?
http://p.topoffic.eu/railwontfire.jpg

Canute

Maybe the lucky boomrat is inside the minimum range ?
Railgun is an ultra-longrange weapon.

Ian_Suffix

Quick question about cooling. As previously mentioned, I'm working on a translation, and I came upon a perplexing description for coolant pipes:

"Pipes for pumping coolant from the reactor to cooling systems."

Generally speaking, I believe the word "reactor" would point more to the core than the turbine, but is there perhaps any hidden or planned functionality to directly cool a core in case a steam pipe or turbine is suddenly lost? I just want to make sure my translation is accurate gameplay-wise.

Dubwise

just a typo, and i wouldn't translate the b18 version, i changed loads of stuff for v1 and im still changing stuff, its up on steam already here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1419798604

I also just made my new mod Rimefeller for v1 public here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321849735