Suggestion: Change people's characteristics

Started by InfinityKage, February 02, 2015, 07:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

Maybe add a machine to the game where you can brainwash people or something of the sort? I want a bunch of bloodthirsty, psychopathic, cannibals.

bordas1234

There is a mod call prepare carefully that do that

InfinityKage

Quote from: bordas1234 on February 02, 2015, 08:15:05 PM
There is a mod call prepare carefully that do that

That only works at the start. I mean for later in the game after you have "recruited" some more people.

JimmyAgnt007

It would be nice if people acquired them after extended exposure.  Someone been farming for the last two years?  Green Thumb.  Are people a major food source for you?  Cannibal.  Do you always tell your people to execute stunned or disabled people?  Bloodthirsty.  Psychopath? Maybe if you sell slaves a lot.  It would make more gameplay sense for it to be something that needs to be done rather than toggle a switch.  that being said, exposure to a whole colony with a certain trait would be good grounds for gaining it even if you never did it yourself.

InfinityKage

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on February 03, 2015, 10:32:18 AM
It would be nice if people acquired them after extended exposure.  Someone been farming for the last two years?  Green Thumb.  Are people a major food source for you?  Cannibal.  Do you always tell your people to execute stunned or disabled people?  Bloodthirsty.  Psychopath? Maybe if you sell slaves a lot.  It would make more gameplay sense for it to be something that needs to be done rather than toggle a switch.  that being said, exposure to a whole colony with a certain trait would be good grounds for gaining it even if you never did it yourself.

I agree.

Reptavian

I do agree that some trait gain happening during play would be nice, but lets stop and think about this here.  Do we really lose one trait and gain another?  Probably not so much.  I say keep the random two traits and add one or two trait slots that pick something else up later once it tips over a certain threshold.  But then once you have filled out all the trait slots you can assign prioritization numbers to them, designate what you are most likely to replace with a new trait and what you would rather hang on to.

As for that noble, man that trait just screws everything up.  If you are going to saddle us with noble men acting like stuck up pigs then at least give them some leadership trait that makes others work better just having them around.  Also perhaps special influence during negotiations that lets you do something extra.  I mean, otherwise you are basically looking at Rygel from Farscape.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Reptavian on February 04, 2015, 10:29:12 PM
I do agree that some trait gain happening during play would be nice, but lets stop and think about this here.  Do we really lose one trait and gain another?  Probably not so much.  I say keep the random two traits and add one or two trait slots that pick something else up later once it tips over a certain threshold.  But then once you have filled out all the trait slots you can assign prioritization numbers to them, designate what you are most likely to replace with a new trait and what you would rather hang on to.

As for that noble, man that trait just screws everything up.  If you are going to saddle us with noble men acting like stuck up pigs then at least give them some leadership trait that makes others work better just having them around.  Also perhaps special influence during negotiations that lets you do something extra.  I mean, otherwise you are basically looking at Rygel from Farscape.

Any ideas?