[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Smexy_Vampire

Chicken Plucker

New Peacekeeper IBA. Using the new flag, new more customized details and olive color.

New PASGT helmet for Peacekeepers. One standard version, one CBRN for fallouts.

Helmets are now using "Mitchell camo" which is the camo used for M1 Helmets during the Vietnam War. I thought it would be better to use the original concept I had for the W.R., they were supposed to be old school.

Concept for the series:

(Vlad looking down the barrel of his weapon on the left, "Padre" staring at Vlad in contempt. Five-O is taking a colony photo.)

I may write a concept of the series and post it in one of the sub-forums, will stand-by for that.
For now, I will tell you Vlad's story.

"Vlad"

Vlad is a member of the "Last Man Mercs", a raider faction that profits from drug smuggling and contracts.

Vlad was a "cryo-baby" (pejorative term referred to those who came from cryocaskets, they awake with many questions similar to new-born babies) along with some of his surviving family members. Being pressured to find work, Vlad was recruited by LMM leader who goes by "Clucky".

Clucky is an individual that does not believe that there is an objective sense of morality. Those who join this small raider group of his, either end up being corrupted by this person's ideals and follow him blindly or they disappear.

Vlad being a very special boy, believes he joined a biker gang and constantly refers to the Last Man Mercs as the "Last Man MC" to Clucky's annoyance. Vlad also dislikes participating in raids or contracts unless it involves heists or non-violent operations.

The LMM one day found out Vlad has a sister and has constantly made jokes at his expense.

One day, Vlad finds a Ranger named Betty and a cryo-baby nicknamed "Padre" and opens up a friendly conversation with them. Vlad was being observed by an LMM grunt, and reports this to Clucky and other lieutenants. Clucky decides that they want to either get rid of Vlad or finally find use for him, so they pressure him to perform a solo raid for these individuals that he met at the bar.

Being followed to Five-O's safehouse, a humble wooden barrack, they give the green light for Vlad to attack at night.

Vlad being inexperienced at raiding, knocks at the door politely at night and Five-O takes him down seeing him armed after opening the door and he is imprisoned and interrogated. Padre talks to Vlad and decides to let him go, a decision Five-O was not happy with.

Vlad seeing the contrast of how these two have treated him with kindness in comparison to the bullying he gets from his own crew, decides to leave and report to Clucky.

LMM, believing Vlad was dead, was rejoicing until Vlad comes in to let them know he is leaving and is taking his stuff before he goes. Frustrated by the failure to get rid of this individual, Clucky decides to raid the colony they know Vlad will be joining.

Night time comes, the raiders move in and take down Vlad and Padre with ease. Realizing that there is one missing colony member, before executing the two, Clucky demands for the last colony member to appear and starts a countdown before firing.

Five-O catches them off-guard with her big iron and accurately destroys all their firearms. The LMM retreats in fear and they won't be back for now..

That's the story of how Vlad joined the Wayfarers.

Chicken Plucker

About:
A band of mercenaries that profit from drug trafficking, raiding, theft, assassination and last but not least, human trafficking.

One of the things the Last Man Mercs are well known for is their "Shoot first, ask questions never" policy. They fire upon both hostiles and unarmed civilians on sight.

The crew was formed by an ex-military individual with a tilted view on morality and a dangerous charisma that inspires others. Aside from committing crime and shooting anything that moves, they also have a politically fuelled crusade to "Make Rimworld Great Again", which translates to: wiping out any individual with tribal blood or space refugees that dare to land on this planet whom they call "Waste of oxygen".

Their motto? "Till the last merc".

I'm now working on this faction, something I didn't expect to work on at all till Vlad's character showed up. The idea is the faction uses a red combat shirt and wears all black.

I hope I don't get any steam for their faction being political, this is based on an irl clan I was once a part of full of abrasive guys and offensive jokes. I thought it wouldn't be bad to Rimworldify them.

Some with sharp eyes would notice that their gear is not even as good as Umbra Company's, that's intentional since this is a small time band of mercenaries, not as elite and well trained.

I'm gonna release this alongside Wasteland Republic for B19 with Rimmu-Nation Clothing and Weapons. Deadline is before next Monday's sunrise, so I am dead serious about getting some stuff done.

Old FAST helmets: (for comparison)

New FAST helmets:

Battle Dress Uniforms/Combats: (Currently WIP, quality takes more time now)
Old OCP BDU: (being phased out)

New Multicam BDU:

The same hair Five-O is using is actually from an unreleased A17 lara croft hair mod I made that I thankfully recovered when my hard drive got busted (thank you random google drive uploading)

Ideas for Jill Valentine from Resident Evil, Juli Kidman from Evil Within, Paz from Metal Gear and many more waifus. Maybe I would do some male ones too though I think my buddy Odstriman has done a good job with a few I wanted to make.

Here's progress on the animation, last but not least.

I had to halt all of this because unexpectedly, B19 came out last night and now the pressure is on for updates.

Logo: (Maybe final, maybe not. I wanna hear some opinions first.)

15 seconds of the opening sequence

Any ideas on what the current setting is, year or what may be happening so far? Lemme know, cheers!

Madman666

Wow, faction count just keeps rising, eh!) Amazing. Can't wait to get all that goodness!

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on August 28, 2018, 05:24:38 PM
Wow, faction count just keeps rising, eh!) Amazing. Can't wait to get all that goodness!

Yes it is, I'm glad you are excited, I am too  8)

News on the mission board and reinforcements, Albion is working on it, author of Sparkling Worlds

It's gonna be sweet! I'll talk more about it soon.

I finished the template for fatigues and now I can mass produce using my new style. Though there's more issues, I have to bleedin' make a new body armor template because the old method I have is just so impractical and outdated for me now.

Here's what I got:

(Note: stuff are brightly colored, I can easily change them in photoshop later, I just made them bright colored so I can see the teeny tiny textures easier and to avoid confusion.)

What you folks are looking at is an early version of the brand new IBA template, I'm scrapping the old one so I can easier make body armors for the future. I also decided to pre-make pouches and accessories now so I listed and made some of the ones I've used for a while now.

I'm hoping this can allow me to just make body armor and not worry about the attachments, cause I can just copy paste from the presets I've made.

More time taken out of updating mods, but refining the textures mean an investment for the future. I will be able to update despite having very little time, or make new mods this way due to a more efficient and tidy template.

Madman666

Rebalancing so many weapons and armor, unit combat points and etc must be a huge pain in the bum. I am really grateful you keep pouring your time in this amazing project. With a couple other mods that add some more flavor to interfactional events such as More Faction Interatcions it will be absolutely fabulous. Hype!

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on August 29, 2018, 04:42:15 PM
Rebalancing so many weapons and armor, unit combat points and etc must be a huge pain in the bum. I am really grateful you keep pouring your time in this amazing project. With a couple other mods that add some more flavor to interfactional events such as More Faction Interatcions it will be absolutely fabulous. Hype!

That's the best thing I'm looking forward to, Rimmu-Nation was always balanced around vanilla stats with some slight changes. So the new stuff won't be too hard to adapt to since I just have to tweak accuracy and damage. Sooner I can bloody play B19 eh?

Ladies and Germans, there is no slacking here. I've been working my bottom dollar off all day, the new formula for body armors are paying off, pouches are no longer a pain and organization is smooth.

I've made DCU and DPM fatigues for ol' times sake. I'm gonna make an available IBA version for Rimmu-Nation clothing to temporarily fill the void of the missing US Military Kit while I update everything for B19.

Goal by tommorrow is to finish all the body armors and harnesses, then get started on updating coding. If that doesn't get sorted tommorrow, there's always friday.

I know the weaponry and other mods I have that I don't plan on updating textures require less time to work on. I'm confident I'll have everything ready by Monday morning, or best case scenario, sooner.

Chicken Plucker

A Hideo Kojima Mod

Militaires Sans Frontières:

Militaires Sans Frontières (French for; Military Without Frontiers) abbreviated as "MSF" was a private military company in the early 1970s founded and led by a legendary soldier known as Big Boss. The MSF is mainly known for the Peace Walker incident and their valiant efforts in successfully preventing nuclear war in the hands of a CIA rogue agent who developed a WMD named Metal Gear "Zeke".

In the days leading to the Ground Zeroes incident, an ex-MSF member Paz was brutally tortured by a Cypher clean up crew known as X.O.F.

This leak of information has lead to the destruction of MSF's Mother Base, cutting off their resources and manpower.

Surviving members who carry on the name of Militaires Sans Frontières, later found out that their leader Big Boss has started a new private army named Diamond Dogs alongside their ex-sub commander Kazuhira Miller operating within Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion for a revenge mission against the X.O.F.

The remaining MSF soldiers continue on their own.

Hey all, I got freakin bored doing the IBA and new tact harness. Before I lost interest in everything (including my interest in breathing) I decided to redo one balaclava from the Rimmu-Nation clothing set. This mask ended up making me wanna make a new bloody faction..

Psycho Mantis? Nuclear bomb?

Metal Gear?

Any Metal Gear fan please let me know if the MSF was done any justice, both uniform and the about page.

Any Metal Gear fan please instead comment on the textures if it's A-OK, I think I'm gonna pass on hearing what people think of my description. (Reasons below)

Edit 2: Okay guys, in my defence for the excessive use of quotation marks, it's very difficult to summarize the plot of any Metal Gear game because of Hideo Kojima.

Edit 3: Pretend that description is a placeholder, I'm gonna sort it out later and cut it shorter because I feel like I just butchered the backstory of MSF.  :'(

Edit 4: Sorted out the description to be shorter and sweeter. I apologise to everyone who had to read the old one.

Edited by: Hideo Kojima

Smexy_Vampire

snake D: and firends *_* mgs sneeking suit?

Chicken Plucker

MRW I'm gonna leave modding one day because this feels like an unpaid full-time job and I just wanna play the game

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on August 30, 2018, 12:09:53 PM
snake D: and firends *_* mgs sneeking suit?

Wasn't planning on it, neither was I planning on Paz' outfit but I got requests so now I guess I have to.

Been quiet for 2 days in a row, this was intentional since the deadline is closing in and my progress isn't close to finished at all. Needed concentration.

Current goal is to finalize Rimmu-Nation Clothing by introducing a tribal clothing patch, this patch would stop them wearing tactical winter clothing cause I got numerous complaints about tribals in camos.

Another goal is to update Rimmu-Nation Weapons so it comes released alongside RN: Clothing.

During Friday, I finished all the RN: Clothing armors I wanted done. I decided to keep the old version of "RN500" civilian for the sake of saving time, but I wanted to replace the old RN500 PMC variant.

May not be a popular decision, the RN500 PMC variant wasn't ugly, had good details. The problem?

Welp the hulk body type one looked great but the thin ones? Pouches shrunk with the bloody body. I don't want that anymore.

Thin PMC RN500

Thin New version of PMC RN500 (pouches stay the same size, just reduced amount of accessories)

Didn't have room on the preview below, but here's the new M1 helmet look. I got requests for Vietnam war theme fans that they wanted a more uniform look so here:
Old: (originally made by Odstriman, I added stuff onto it)

New:

Added some combat jackets to go with each fatigue camo type now. More things planned soon.

Old Version:

I have got minor progress on RN: Weapons, about 7 pistols now working, stats are being balanced based on calibre now, .xml coding is cleaner also. I have changed some textures and removed some weapons.

SAM turret will now be called "SSM" turret, courtesy of JayFoxley

Fun fact: I lost the original blank background for Rimmu-Nation's flag during my hard drive crash. It was almost impossible to make a preview. After taking multiple versions of each preview, I got to piece together what the empty parts would look like, until it was whole.

This new preview was a lot harder to make than it seems because of the lost files.

Anyway, enough boring fun facts around, here's real progress:

New updated body texture mod, I'm gonna re-release it as a sequel, like a bloody movie. I'm abandoning the old one.

I wasn't sure what to put on the preview, so I dressed people up because I didn't wanna flash nude drawings on steam workshop where kids could see, so I dressed them up in bikinis or whatever, and included a lot of comical stuff because I'm nervous about the thought of taking a naked body mod too seriously.

Currently finished textures (Fat body type will be finished after I sleep)

Looks like the updates will be pushed out to Tuesday or longer, but I know I can hit like 3-4 birds with one stone if this is all done right.

Chicken signing out.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on September 02, 2018, 05:35:02 AM
we love you :D

Love you too

Detailed Body Textures now live here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=43926.0

Monday deadline pushed back to maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Need more time to finish new features and patches before I can bloody code.

Currently working on backpacks:

Backpacks will increase carrying capacity for pawns, now you won't have to tame muffalos every few bleedin' seconds.

I'll make different kinds, small to this one so far being the largest (might add bigger ones later, trying to press time).

Thank you to Jecrell for his backpack coding! Without him there would be no tacticool backpacks.

Madman666

This is really damn amazing. Finally mining outposts will be viable without a horde of those smelly beasts. Damn, CP, you never cease to amaze. I really hope you'll stay in RW modding :)

Rocket_Raccoon

Yeah, truly awesome!
Will there be military style backpacks aswell(ie bergen/alice pack)?

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on September 02, 2018, 02:15:40 PM
This is really damn amazing. Finally mining outposts will be viable without a horde of those smelly beasts. Damn, CP, you never cease to amaze. I really hope you'll stay in RW modding :)

I'm not the one to thank, the idea was always there but the skill to carry it out wasn't on me. Credit goes to Jecrell.

I'm afraid I can't stay here, it's just so much time taken from me. I absolutely love to do this hobby but it just doesn't pay bills and I find myself starting to struggle financially if I don't stick to a real job. I'm in a military college right now, so I'm trying to transition to a career in the armed forces.

I don't think I'll have time for this when that comes, the only reason I am here being active everyday is because I'm at week 2 of my 2 week holiday. Afterwards, it's back to inactivity.

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on September 02, 2018, 03:54:25 PM
Yeah, truly awesome!
Will there be military style backpacks aswell(ie bergen/alice pack)?

You read my mind, I wanted to make the bergen for old times sake because I love the bloody things. I actually wasn't gonna make the ALICE pack because bergen master race.

I'll see about adding it later or maybe working on it right now.

I made some of my outfits from some of my favourite games, I'm gonna make a hair mod for video game characters as well, stay tuned for that.

I found myself with maybe too much clothing variants by now, the Rimmu-Nation clothing bench will have way too much clothing on it.

Solution? Well, maybe certain outfits, such as character specific ones (i.e. Last of Us outfits or the Division outfit) will not be craftable. Rimmu-Nation craftables will be the camos and the usual default looking PMC stuff.

Speaking of PMC stuff, the pants are now dark grey. They change colors depending on material, and I thought the old khaki look was sometimes ruined by the color (i.e. synthreads)

These plaid shirts and character outfits will be available in character creation and from traders, but they will not be craftable due to the issue of having way too much bills in the Rimmu-Nation crafting bench.

This will give certain clothes a sense of rarity, something I bloody want anyway.

The British Army smock is making a comeback with the proper DPM camo now, this will have parka stats even though it's real life counterpart isn't as good as a parka. The reason being is I'm bloody tired and I don't wanna make anymore parkas because it's not easy and it takes long.

Edit: Shoot, I forgot to mention. I decided to make the Rys-T, pretty much similar to the K6-3 but it's grey. The War Mongrels will be out of action for a while, might as well leave something for the Ruski fans.

Final stuff I need to do for RN: Clothing

- Finish British Army Parka
- Finish Tribal Robes (will prevent them from spawning with the camo jackets or other military shells)