[1.1] Misc. Robots++

Started by alaestor, September 16, 2016, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaestor

Quote from: blaxblade on January 09, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
i found the problem its combat realism; will there be a patch or a solution for this?
TL;DR I have no fix. Combat Realism is on the incompatibility list.

I won't be releasing a compatibility patch for combat realism. If someone would like to, I'd link to it in the main thread. From my understanding it arises from messing with work priorities. I will not be making any fixes for mods that break due to modifying work priorities as I predict it's an endless circle of support-hell.

Quote from: ChromeMax on January 09, 2017, 09:10:58 AM
I'm just grateful that the original robots mod was updated as well as this, but I have a few suggestions for you. Maybe set up a fourth tier for those who has many resources to spend and need faster and more efficient workforce than the third tier. Also, you should add the ability to install parts on robots that make them "Harder, Faster, Stronger Better" via surgery. Anyways, basically just wanted to thank you for updating this mod as well.

My original idea was to have only 1 of each robot and them improve via research upgrades or installing modifications -- sadly that would require C# code that I'm just not going to write nor compile. So as a replacement for that concept, I just made 3 of each robot. #lazy. Now in the file where the types of robots are defined I also defined but commented out a T4 "Omni-Robot" that requires every other adv robot research as a prerequisite. It can do everything all the other bots can do and better (Except maybe haul? idk i never finished it).

The issue is robot pawns seem to be semi-real... from my testing that one time a long time ago that may be invalid now; they are constantly destroyed and re-created as different / fresh pawns. If that's the case then no physical modifications via surgery would stay around very long as the pawn would basically "respawn" and lose all modifications.

I never made a T4 nor included the Omni-Bot as I designed these to be rather balanced and not completely replace humans or get to a point where theyre OP (heh, aint that unrealistic... but works for gameplay purposes).

I may reconsider and release a separate expansion if there is enough interest. If there's a ton of interest then I'll add the Omni-Bot into the main mod.

Quote from: AzharNoordin on January 09, 2017, 10:59:24 AM
i keep clicking activate robot but nothing happens.... Edit: NVM its conflict with Fulffy's Worktab
yeah... that seems to be a new incompatibility... I will add it to the list if it doesnt get resolved by the time Misc. Robots is released in full capacity (currently its only a hotfix).

Fluffy (l2032)

Problems with my work tab should be resolved in the latest update of the work tab.

alaestor

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 09, 2017, 03:20:06 PM
Problems with my work tab should be resolved in the latest update of the work tab.

Thx fluffy <3
P.s. fluffy face reveal?
P.p.s. <nerdgasm> omg holytrinity; now Haplo, Skullywag, and Fluffy have all commented in my thread.</nerdgasm>

blaxblade

Quote from: alaestor on January 09, 2017, 02:51:32 PM
Quote from: blaxblade on January 09, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
i found the problem its combat realism; will there be a patch or a solution for this?
TL;DR I have no fix. Combat Realism is on the incompatibility list.

I won't be releasing a compatibility patch for combat realism. If someone would like to, I'd link to it in the main thread. From my understanding it arises from messing with work priorities. I will not be making any fixes for mods that break due to modifying work priorities as I predict it's an endless circle of support-hell.

Quote from: ChromeMax on January 09, 2017, 09:10:58 AM
I'm just grateful that the original robots mod was updated as well as this, but I have a few suggestions for you. Maybe set up a fourth tier for those who has many resources to spend and need faster and more efficient workforce than the third tier. Also, you should add the ability to install parts on robots that make them "Harder, Faster, Stronger Better" via surgery. Anyways, basically just wanted to thank you for updating this mod as well.

My original idea was to have only 1 of each robot and them improve via research upgrades or installing modifications -- sadly that would require C# code that I'm just not going to write nor compile. So as a replacement for that concept, I just made 3 of each robot. #lazy. Now in the file where the types of robots are defined I also defined but commented out a T4 "Omni-Robot" that requires every other adv robot research as a prerequisite. It can do everything all the other bots can do and better (Except maybe haul? idk i never finished it).

The issue is robot pawns seem to be semi-real... from my testing that one time a long time ago that may be invalid now; they are constantly destroyed and re-created as different / fresh pawns. If that's the case then no physical modifications via surgery would stay around very long as the pawn would basically "respawn" and lose all modifications.

I never made a T4 nor included the Omni-Bot as I designed these to be rather balanced and not completely replace humans or get to a point where theyre OP (heh, aint that unrealistic... but works for gameplay purposes).

I may reconsider and release a separate expansion if there is enough interest. If there's a ton of interest then I'll add the Omni-Bot into the main mod.

Quote from: AzharNoordin on January 09, 2017, 10:59:24 AM
i keep clicking activate robot but nothing happens.... Edit: NVM its conflict with Fulffy's Worktab
yeah... that seems to be a new incompatibility... I will add it to the list if it doesnt get resolved by the time Misc. Robots is released in full capacity (currently its only a hotfix).

I apologize for the insistence, the fact is that I find its modification, very beautiful.
I also understand you can not stand behind every incompatibility, so if I explain in what file is the incompatibility can also try alone though my skills are in completely different fields
This is the error message that appears as soon as the robot builder freezes

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.BodyPartDef named RightHandMechanicalRingFinger to match RightHandMechanicalRingFinger.label
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DefInjectionPackage:InjectIntoDefs()
Verse.LoadedLanguage:InjectIntoData()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__6F7()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

alaestor

Quote from: blaxblade on January 09, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

Def-linked translation error: Found no Verse.BodyPartDef named RightHandMechanicalRingFinger to match RightHandMechanicalRingFinger.label

I managed to solve that by adding the new mechanical fingers found on mechanoids to the robot bodies; but now im getting this crap
Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.RightTools.EquipRigthTool (Verse.Pawn pawn, RimWorld.StatDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(...)

Sorry man; I just don't see it happening xD
There would likely need to be a completely separate version for CR and frankly I'm just not capable nor willing to bother with that.

dv

I just wanted to say thank you for working on this. I love my little robot hauler army. :-D

alaestor

Quote from: dv on January 10, 2017, 12:36:38 AM
I just wanted to say thank you for working on this. I love my little robot hauler army. :-D

lol thank haplo! I didnt make the haulers... thx tho :D

Stage

Hello!

Thanks for your great addition to Haplo's robots!

I am quite happy with the capabilities of your robots, and that we don't need lots of different robots for each task.
I am missing one capability however: animal handling. Would you mind adding this to the cook, or add a fourth robot, the farmer? This could be a specialized version of the cook, that can grow, handle animals and haul and is crafted with one T3 cook and Hauler bot + x robot parts.

Otherwise a great addition, I really love to play with your extension!
Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Stage

rfctksSparkle

For some reason, when trying to load a existing game with this mod enabled,  I get this error. Misc Robots alone loads fine, but just not with this Robots++ mod.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[RimWorld.WorkGiverDef,System.Int32].get_Item (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority, Int32 hour) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef worktype, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings._SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef w, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.Check (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this, Verse.DefMap`2 priorities, System.Reflection.FieldInfo fieldPawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.ExposeData (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PostLoadInitter.DoAllPostLoadInits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__736 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Fluffy (l2032)

you've added or removed workgivers to/from your game (or a mod update did). WorkTab doesn't like that. Disable worktab, load&save, re-enable worktab, et voila! (do restart RW after each step.)

blaxblade

Quote from: alaestor on January 09, 2017, 05:54:45 PM
Quote from: blaxblade on January 09, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

I managed to solve that by adding the new mechanical fingers found on mechanoids to the robot bodies; but now im getting this crap
Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.RightTools.EquipRigthTool (Verse.Pawn pawn, RimWorld.StatDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_PrioritySorter.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
(...)

Sorry man; I just don't see it happening xD
There would likely need to be a completely separate version for CR and frankly I'm just not capable nor willing to bother with that.

I find it strange to be incompatible, since the two mod dealing with different aspects on paper. The problem is in work priorities? it is this that blocks some robots? such as robots working as smiths do not give any hassle
however, I was rude, congratulations for the mod I really like :)

rfctksSparkle

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 10, 2017, 02:26:31 AM
you've added or removed workgivers to/from your game (or a mod update did). WorkTab doesn't like that. Disable worktab, load&save, re-enable worktab, et voila! (do restart RW after each step.)

Huh, you should probably put that in the OP on your WorkTab thread.

alaestor

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 10, 2017, 02:26:31 AM
you've added or removed workgivers to/from your game (or a mod update did). WorkTab doesn't like that.

RPP has a WorkGiverDef for the robotics table (DoBills_RPP_Robotics); is this an incompatibility?
(I would go test but its 9:42am here and I just spent the last 10 hours or so learning 4.01 strict HTML/CSS to replace a friends horrible website so... I'll just ask instead of investigating zzz)

Quote from: blaxblade on January 10, 2017, 06:54:35 AM
I find it strange to be incompatible, since the two mod dealing with different aspects on paper. The problem is in work priorities? it is this that blocks some robots? such as robots working as smiths do not give any hassle
however, I was rude, congratulations for the mod I really like :)
No problem; you weren't being rude xD thanks
The last error I had was with regards to the AI / thinking part of things. It adds stuff to the AI behavior of pawns and it also happened to affect robots. Mods like CR act a lot like overhulls; changing a lot of widely-used things. Because of that, it sometimes ends up getting applied to things that it shouldn't and there's really no way around it other than separately re-declaring the default behavior.

Quote from: Stage on January 10, 2017, 01:30:33 AM
I am missing one capability however: animal handling. Would you mind adding this to the cook, or add a fourth robot, the farmer? This could be a specialized version of the cook, that can grow, handle animals and haul and is crafted with one T3 cook and Hauler bot + x robot parts.

Otherwise a great addition, I really love to play with your extension!
Keep up the good work.

Thanks :D I'm glad you enjoy it. I've received this suggestion before. I declined it because it's a very human task. I've attempted to make the robots do very specific robot-like things. Being a warden, for example, is a social activity better handled by people than task-oriented robots. That's been my position in the past at least. Though, if there is enough demand I will likely add it.

On top of my previous reasons; I always wanted to keep the clutter to a minimum. There has always been a ton of research in R++ and I always hated the idea of adding more robots due to the increased researches. As it stands I feel there is currently too much research cluttering up the new research tab. It feels far worse than before. I've been debating on removing individual robotic research and only using the entry research and the three main tiers. If I do that, then I'll also feel more comfortable adding more robots.

So, if I choose to reduce the research (reducing the amount of; not time) AND there's enough demand - it's very likely I will begin to add more robots.

coldcell

Thanks for the mod. I'm loving it.

I do have one question though.. Sometimes manhunter animals attack my robots before I can hunt them down, causing injuries to them. Is there any way to repair the robots? Also I notice in the Health tab, their stats such as moving, manipulation, etc are impaired because they got attacked. Does it actually affect them?

Thanks!

alaestor

Quote from: coldcell on January 10, 2017, 03:01:27 PM
Thanks for the mod. I'm loving it.

I do have one question though.. Sometimes manhunter animals attack my robots before I can hunt them down, causing injuries to them. Is there any way to repair the robots? Also I notice in the Health tab, their stats such as moving, manipulation, etc are impaired because they got attacked. Does it actually affect them?
Glad you like it - but thank Haplo as it's only possible via his mod :D

There is no way to repair the bots, like one would repair MAIs for example. though, there are some reports of bots healing over time. In my testing bots are semi-persistant. Sometimes it will generate a completely new bot when activating a base station after loading a game - meaning it will be a completely different and hence healed robot. I'm not sure about manipulation, but I do believe moving & moving speed do affect the robot. Personally I'd love it if Haplo would confirm or deny these types of behavior. Perhaps he has addressed it somewhere and I just haven't seen it... Anyways; best of luck!