[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 13, 2017, 12:42:49 PM
sadly does not work with the test either, same error.

It's just that nobody has reported anything similar, and I can't seem to reproduce the error in my game. So I'm wondering, what would cause your game to run differently.
I made another test build with a different approach, if you want to try it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

sulusdacor

this version works fine. so what ever you changed did the trick,tyvm =)

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.5.1

Quote from: sulusdacor on January 13, 2017, 05:53:26 PM
this version works fine. so what ever you changed did the trick,tyvm =)

Nice, glad to hear that. The fix is now part of the official release.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

njb013

Sadly, this mod seems to be incompatible with Moody, presumably because they both use the top right corner of the screen. Would it be possible to have a version that puts it in the top left?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: njb013 on January 31, 2017, 11:03:35 PM
Sadly, this mod seems to be incompatible with Moody, presumably because they both use the top right corner of the screen. Would it be possible to have a version that puts it in the top left?

Works fine for me- try disabling the other mods and see if it that helps.
The dice button appears to the left of the learning helper.

njb013

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 01, 2017, 06:13:03 AM
Works fine for me- try disabling the other mods and see if it that helps.
The dice button appears to the left of the learning helper.

Weird, maybe it has something to do with mod order? I disabled Moody and it began showing up again. I'll test it out.

Edit: Don't know what caused the problem, but I can't seem to reproduce it. Sorry to waste your time.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: njb013 on February 01, 2017, 10:30:37 AM
Edit: Don't know what caused the problem, but I can't seem to reproduce it. Sorry to waste your time.

No worries. I've had other reports of the button going missing- still not sure what the cause is.

Laceylace

BlackGyver

Quote from: Laceylace on February 11, 2017, 03:15:57 AM
So.... What is the secret? I'm dying to know!

It wouldn't be a secret, then, would it?

If it's so vital to know, you could read the code, it just won't be a surprise anymore.

Grabarz

Hello there
can You add Option to remove all geysers from the map ? or spawn all the geysers on 1 point ?

i tried to create perfect colony however all the time geyser is on my way

they randomly spread across my colony which is annoying ...

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Grabarz on February 15, 2017, 09:20:09 AM
Hello there
can You add Option to remove all geysers from the map ? or spawn all the geysers on 1 point ?

That's probably not worth adding to the mod, but you could edit your map generator config to prevent geysers from generating. Should be as easy as removing the relevant section.
The file is at Mods/Core/Defs/MapGeneration/BasicMapGenerator.xml

Grabarz

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 15, 2017, 09:33:32 AM
Quote from: Grabarz on February 15, 2017, 09:20:09 AM
Hello there

That's probably not worth adding to the mod, but you could edit your map generator config to prevent geysers from generating. Should be as easy as removing the relevant section.
The file is at Mods/Core/Defs/MapGeneration/BasicMapGenerator.xml

damn ! it works !!!

Thank You !

Sebastian Cigar

Hello
Recently I've come up with the idea of creating an art gallery for my colonists, it would contain works representing key events that made up the history of my miserable hamlet. And of course the little museum absolutely must begin with the statues of my first colonists landing in their drop pods. The problem is, whenever you re-roll the map, there is no landing event, they just stand there as if you were starting as a lost tribe. Is there a particular reason for that?
Is it possible to make them crash land in case you're playing as a spacer-type faction?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on March 04, 2017, 11:09:47 AM
- snip -

Hey.
To be honest, no idea why that happens- I chose to just roll with it since it didn't seem to have any negative effects. I'll look into fixing the issue for the A17 release.
If you know how to edit game saves, you could add the event manually. I would make a fresh save on a non-rerolled map, then open that save and copy over the event to your current save. Make a backup, of course.

Sebastian Cigar

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I'm glad I could... help? I didn't want to put any pressure on you, it's not a crucial thing at all, I can't imagine what it feels like to maintain a mod that really seems like a must-have for this game. I'll be sure to follow your advice, thank you again and best of luck with the development