[A17] Skullywags Weapon Packs - Laser and Gauss updated!

Started by skullywag, June 24, 2015, 03:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AN7AG0NIS7

Awwh, stun grenades don't incap pawns so they just continue social fighting after they recover from the stun effect. If only there was a grenade that causes the "electrocuted" hediff. *wink wink nudge nudge* Although it'd be VERY OP for people who use it on outsiders instead of as a "rowdy colonist pacifying tool". :D

skullywag

what if you stun lock them for a few seconds will they snap out of it?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

AN7AG0NIS7

Nope.. They just get back to fighting after the stuns wear off. My third guy stood there chucking stun grenades at them for about 2 minutes or so on game speed 2. It was pretty amusing to watch though. :D

skullywag

hmm well social fighting as 420 ticks before it can be recovered from, mental state ticks every 150 ticks, so it would take the 3rd long tick before the recovery was triggered. So thats about 7 seconds, perhaps stunning locks the mentalstate tick...interesting. Anyway ill have a look at this at somepoint and see if i cant finally make less lethals the mod its supposed to be.

AN7AG0NIS7

Oh hey! You're right! I just tested it for a second time and after a few stuns, i get the message that they're no longer social fighting.. Dunno why it didn't work the first time around, i probably borked something somewhere.. YAY! No more replacing eyeballs!

DepOpt

I'm curious. Have you made these compatible with your medieval shield mod already, or am I gonna have to do some editing? Not the end of the world if I do, and I'll share the .xml files afterwards.
Ignore this notice

skullywag

Quote from: DepOpt on June 23, 2016, 10:50:41 AM
I'm curious. Have you made these compatible with your medieval shield mod already, or am I gonna have to do some editing? Not the end of the world if I do, and I'll share the .xml files afterwards.

They should have the valid sidearm category on the one where it matters. If they dont poke me.

Lupin III

Is there an interaction between a tazer and personal shields? The last tribal raid of 30 or so people I could easily defend with guns and left me with 10+ injured tribal people. The raid after that was a pirate drop of around 10 pirates, which I didn't want to shoot at because of friendly fire. So I tazed them. But every one of the pirates died when being tazed. I think all of them had a personal shield up.
I've read that other people have seen tazers kill too often, but I think I only ever tazed one or two prisoners to death when they tried to prison break. And I even use the tazers to break up social fights. I killed quite a few animals with a tazer though that attacked after a failed tame attempt.

DepOpt

Took forever to get round to checking because new game on a borrowed computer, but the pistols definitely work with shields, if anyone was wondering
Ignore this notice

Sh4d0w225

Is there a combat realism patch for skullywags amazing mod? :3

skullywag

I havent made one due to not really using CR lately (even though im now maintaining it) and I dont have time to support 3 versions of all these mods. I may do it one day.

NeonOverIon

Weapons look awesome, but I've only been able to get one so far, A Plasma rifle, and that was off a pirate. Every time I try to craft a weapon from the mod, it comes up as nothing :(

Also, I can't spawn the weapons in using EdB - Prepare Carefully or my Colonists won't land and I'll just have a standard defeat message, any suggestions? Thanks :D

skullywag

You have CCL? its required. Other than that load order? try loading them last.

NeonOverIon

I've got CCL, but I'll give changing the load order a shot

Edit: Nope, nothing, they still fail to spawn, as well as leaving the bill left for the weapon's production. Also EdB - PC still fails to spawn in the colonists with the weapons.

skullywag

Anything erroring in the log? Can anyone else confirm this? Im not able to play right now.