Smelting Art

Started by JimmyAgnt007, January 21, 2015, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyAgnt007

Can we have the option of melting down art?  Say I make something out of gold but poor quality, id like to turn it back into gold nuggets again to redo it.  You could reduce the gold you reclaim but it makes sense to keep the same amount.  Rock statues I can see you loosing materials since you have to carve it back into bricks at the rock cutting table but you get crap tonnes of that anyways so who cares.  Just some means of recycling crappy art would be nice.  Also can art be one of the things that drops at random from the sky?

Sharp

Isn't that an option somewhere to get back the materials? I might be thinking of work in progress maybe...

JimmyAgnt007

Never saw an option for that for WIP but Im thinking of a "Well that sucked.  Lets try again." Option.  I will look out for the WIP thing though.

Kaelent

Currently you can cancel unfinished work for roughly half of the material, but can't do that for finished work unless you're talking about weapons and the electronic smelter. Honestly, I wouldn't mind a 'trending' heads up as well. Something that gives an estimate of what quality the finished work will end up as. If I see something is 'trending awful' then I'd rather scrap it and have them try again to save time.