Food poisoning chance

Started by fritzgryphon, May 17, 2018, 04:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritzgryphon

Ok, so I want to find out for sure.  The wiki says that cook skill and kitchen cleanliness determine food poisoning chance, but it doesn't elaborate on what actual effect the cleanliness has. 

Does kitchen cleanliness actually affect food poison chance, or is it just presumed because it makes realistic sense?

edit:  I should have known someone would make a video explaining the answer in extreme detail.  Cleanliness matters, but much less than cook skill, and outdoors has no cleanliness penalty.   

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/56pcvz/rimworld_science_poison_meals_food_poisoning/

Dashthechinchilla

I wish good poisoning chance displayed like infection chance does when you select a hospital bed.

haanuman

Quote from: fritzgryphon on May 17, 2018, 04:43:37 PM
Ok, so I want to find out for sure.  The wiki says that cook skill and kitchen cleanliness determine food poisoning chance, but it doesn't elaborate on what actual effect the cleanliness has. 

Does kitchen cleanliness actually affect food poison chance, or is it just presumed because it makes realistic sense?

edit:  I should have known someone would make a video explaining the answer in extreme detail.  Cleanliness matters, but much less than cook skill, and outdoors has no cleanliness penalty.   

https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/56pcvz/rimworld_science_poison_meals_food_poisoning/

Just a heads up there is always a chance of food poisoning. even if you cook lavish meals with a lvl 20 cook in sterile conditions . You can still get food poisoning.

Sierra Mike

So would a small or a larger kitchen be better?
A small : less to clean or a la

Canute

The room size don't matter, the cleanness is an area thing unless it got changed in 1.0.
Keep the cooking area clean, sterile tiles and maybe put the butcher table at a different spot and you should have less food poisoning.
But basicly a good cook reduce the chance more then an unclean enviroment.

Listen1

As for the information, A Smaller Kitchen is better and cheaper. I usually put my butcher table/spot outside of the kitchen since it generates alot of blood.

But food poisoning happens quite often, I believe that the build released yesterday fixed it. Let's try and see =)

Sierra Mike

As it turns out ,my kitchen stayed dirty (room stats display) because of bug: 1 square with stool(in front of stove) & zone for fine meals with meals lying there (so meal+zone+stool) makes dirt there unselectable to manually clean or auto clean (cleaner cleans rest of room);only upon removing something ,the dirt is accessible to clean.
So please make the game being able to handle several things in 1 spot before spamming us with food poisoning.

How much does spoilage matter for food poisoning? Halfway spoiled matters (i'm poor & buy discount food regularly,never had food poisoning;Tynan pretty sure soon to be millionaire.) ?

Listen1

Quote from: Sierra Mike on July 27, 2018, 11:00:50 AM
As it turns out ,my kitchen stayed dirty (room stats display) because of bug: 1 square with stool(in front of stove) & zone for fine meals with meals lying there (so meal+zone+stool) makes dirt there unselectable to manually clean or auto clean (cleaner cleans rest of room);only upon removing something ,the dirt is accessible to clean.
So please make the game being able to handle several things in 1 spot before spamming us with food poisoning.

How much does spoilage matter for food poisoning? Halfway spoiled matters (i'm poor & buy discount food regularly,never had food poisoning;Tynan pretty sure soon to be millionaire.) ?

That really sounds like a bug, You should report it.