[1.1-1.2][MODLIST] Rikiki's MiningCo (05-04-2020)

Started by Rikiki, July 26, 2015, 08:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayhorse

Then my question is why had PC and Outpost worked together before?

DigitalProeliator

Love the look of the mining outpost. Cant wait to see the PC compatible one. Just a couple of questions. Are the outposts neutral and able to be traded with like a normal faction, do they repair and repopulate if attacked someone other than me, like say raiders, manhunters ect, and lastly the way you have it set up, would it be possible to do outposts of different factions or is this just for the miners?

Warforyou

Quote from: DigitalProeliator on June 27, 2016, 05:38:44 PM
Love the look of the mining outpost. Cant wait to see the PC compatible one. Just a couple of questions. Are the outposts neutral and able to be traded with like a normal faction, do they repair and repopulate if attacked someone other than me, like say raiders, manhunters ect, and lastly the way you have it set up, would it be possible to do outposts of different factions or is this just for the miners?

I'm playing this with PC and everything's just fine. Take a look at MapGenerator defs, it's quite easy to find out how to merge their gensteps in one def

Rikiki

Quote from: DigitalProeliator on June 27, 2016, 05:38:44 PM
1) It depends! There are several parameters that define the oupost including:
- the size: just a small easy outpost or a big inhabited one.
- the type (military or civil): this will change the generated room types and the behavior of the guards/turrets toward your colonists.
- initially inhabited or not: warning, a ruined outpost will most probably be reclaimed by M&Co.
- initially ruined or not.
- a battle occured or not.
2) You cannot trade with them for now. Trading or contracts to fulfill are something I want to implement in future updates.
3) Outpost will get reinforcements when necessary.
4) Technicians will repair damaged structure (but not rebuild destroyed ones). Replacing destroyed turrets is also an idea I have (maybe just drop a new one from orbit).
5) Be aware there are many features I designed specifically for the M&Co. faction. ::) It is definitely possible to change the faction of the outpost but this would require a lot of source code refactorization.

About the PC patch, as Warforyou said, just look into the MapGenerators.xml file. Outpost Generator adds this before plants generation (Genstep_Plants):

<!-- M&Co. outpost -->
      <li Class="OutpostGenerator.Genstep_GenerateOutpost">
        <minEdgeDist>30</minEdgeDist>
      </li>

Prepare Carefully modifies the colonists and initial resources generation. You can just add M&Co. genstep into the PC MapGenerator.xml file. Remember to modify the last loaded MapGenerator file (so most probably the one in PC mod).
You can then do the same for Crash Landing and Haplo's ruins generator. ;)

By the way, I am always looking for feedback. :D
What do you think about the SAM site?
What about the vulcan turrets?

Warforyou

Quote from: Rikiki on June 28, 2016, 03:25:49 PM
What about the vulcan turrets?

I find them way too op. I am also using "More Vanilla Turrets" which seems to be balanced, so I have added research requirement [Military grade turrets], increased resource cost and power demand of vulcan turrets, also slightly decreasing their range and increasin explosion area. Otherwise their rate of fire is about x10 times higher then original vanilla turrets'.

Rikiki

Huh, they should NOT be buildable! Did I forgot to remove the designationCategory tag? ::)

It was only designed to protect the outpost.
I find it logic to be more powerful than the basic "improvised" turret. This is a military grade one! :)

Hayhorse

Have not seen what the SAM turret does. Probably because I havent had drop pods yet. What DO they do?

Besides, just build some automated mortars from glitter-tech and only direct drops can get past your defenses if your in the open.

Warforyou

Quote from: Rikiki on July 13, 2016, 07:48:45 AM
Huh, they should NOT be buildable! Did I forgot to remove the designationCategory tag? ::)

It was only designed to protect the outpost.
I find it logic to be more powerful than the basic "improvised" turret. This is a military grade one! :)

I guess support ship shoud NOT be buildable as well)
And I also haven't seen SAM turret in action, I think...

falcongrey

-Looks for the A14 Mining Helmet... pouts... goes back to playing more Rimworld-
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

123nick

so this isnt quite updated yet for A14 ? i assume rikiki is planning and/or working on an update ?

Rikiki

I am working on it but... err... let's say slowly. My exploration of Boston after a toxic fallout event (Fallout 4 ;))  is taking a lot of my free time these days... ;D

Hayhorse

falcongrey

Quote from: Rikiki on July 22, 2016, 03:23:18 PM
I am working on it but... err... let's say slowly. My exploration of Boston after a toxic fallout event (Fallout 4 ;))  is taking a lot of my free time these days... ;D

I heard it was pretty bad in Boston...  :-\ What's left?

Rikiki

Quote from: falcongrey on July 22, 2016, 06:57:34 PM
Oh there are the usual drugs addicted raiders, the hungry super-mutants and some feral ghouls.
Some communities are trying to survive in the mddle of this and helping them is quite enjoying! I like this universe! 8)

I am just starting to explore Boston. I spent a lot of time in the country before.

falcongrey

Quote from: Rikiki on July 23, 2016, 07:24:36 AM
Quote from: falcongrey on July 22, 2016, 06:57:34 PM
Oh there are the usual drugs addicted raiders, the hungry super-mutants and some feral ghouls.
Some communities are trying to survive in the mddle of this and helping them is quite enjoying! I like this universe! 8)

I am just starting to explore Boston. I spent a lot of time in the country before.

Eventually I need to check it out some time...