[1.0.1972] Raids have suddenly stopped happening.

Started by Teoras, August 04, 2018, 10:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teoras

Hi, I've been playing around in 1.0, everything was fine, had 9 raids in total happen, until after one raid, they just stopped happening. It's been around 1 year in game, and I've had no raids. Playing on Cassandra Rough. I seem to be getting other regular events like manhunter packs and traders, but not raids. I also seem to be getting this error, which as far as I can understand is related:

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: first
  at System.Linq.Check.FirstAndSecond (System.Object first, System.Object second) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Intersect[IncidentTargetTypeDef] (IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second, IEqualityComparer`1 comparer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Intersect[IncidentTargetTypeDef] (IEnumerable`1 first, IEnumerable`1 second) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentDef.TargetAllowed (IIncidentTarget target) [0x00008] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Defs\DefTypes\IncidentDef.cs:182
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.CanFireNow (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms, Boolean forced) [0x00019] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Defs\DefTypes\IncidentDef.cs:197
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp+<UsableIncidentsInCategory>c__AnonStorey2.<>m__0 (RimWorld.IncidentDef x) [0x00024] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp.cs:36
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[RimWorld.IncidentDef].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenCollection.TryRandomElementByWeight[IncidentDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 weightSelector, RimWorld.IncidentDef& result) [0x002a3] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenCollection.cs:284
  at RimWorld.StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB+<MakeIntervalIncidents>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x000c2] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\StorytellerComps\StorytellerComp_CategoryMTB.cs:25
  at RimWorld.Storyteller+<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x0020a] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:174
  at RimWorld.Storyteller+<MakeIncidentsForInterval>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x000c4] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:135
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00055] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\Storyteller.cs:108
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00201] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:334
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:335)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:261)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

It'd be great if anyone could tell me what is going on, and why this is happening. I haven't been able to find a fix for it, and it's a bit annoying, because there is no challenge anymore for me. The last raid happened on day 65, and it's almost day 120 now.

Teoras

Sorry, forgot to mention; I am playing with 2 mods, but one is hugslib and the other, more faction interaction, seems to be slightly broken, but I know didn't cause the issue, since raids were happening with it installed anyways.

I also seem to be getting this error daily in game, as if the tick manager for the raids is stuck.

Mehni

I wouldn't be quite so quick to absolve More Faction Interaction of any blame. ;) Especially when you say it seems slightly broken.

Your full hugslib log and savefile would help me a lot. Please post em over on the More Faction Interaction thread.

Mehni

Thanks for the savefile and log!

Version 1.0.4 of More Faction Interaction doesn't support build 1972 of RimWorld due to XML tag changes. Either downgrade More Faction Interaction to an older version (no guarantees of which one will work - I don't keep track of what release was exactly for what version) or update RimWorld to the latest version.

Mods: Feel free to close and thanks for letting us use this space.

Teoras

But my savefile is still broken? I still don't get raids... the issue isn't solved, really.

Canute

Since this isn't a vanila gameplay bug, keep the discussion at the mod topic.

And just a hint, if you don't want encounter corrupt safegames, stop playing unstable + mods.

Teoras

....Great, you guys have managed to tell me that a mod, which I already know didn't cause the issue because I was playing fine with it before I disabled it, is unusable in the version of the game I'm playing it on(which is actually helpful, thanks Mehni :) ). That doesn't really fix my save issue. If you're here to just say something smart(sarcasm), please, no offense, just don't do it. If you have something helpful to say, I'd really appreciate it, but I really don't need unhelpful 'hints'.
Like I said, I already know this isn't related to the mod, but rather is an issue with the tick manager, as the log file suggests. Problem is, I have no clue where the tick manager is stuck,or how to fix it.

Mehni

As the mod author, I'm telling you that it's More Faction Interaction that broke your save. Update your version of RimWorld and you should be fine.

Teoras

Oh, if you say so, okay then, will do! Should have said that in the first place :P Thanks for the help Mehni