Show us your colony [Mega Thread]

Started by Celthric Aysen, April 06, 2014, 11:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparda666

Quote from: Sion on April 30, 2014, 07:41:14 PM
Save file part 2:

I noticed on your giant post that you organized your weapons by skill level. how do you organize your pawns by skill level to pick up the right weapon? going one by one and equipping them manually sounds like a drag

Sion

Quote from: sparda666 on May 01, 2014, 01:40:16 PM
Save file part 2:

I noticed on your giant post that you organized your weapons by skill level. how do you organize your pawns by skill level to pick up the right weapon? going one by one and equipping them manually sounds like a drag

Yes I do it one by one, and it sure is a boring work (I wish for a automatic solution).
I start by drafting everyone and gather them in the flower field then I pause the game and manually sort them one by one by shooting skill, and lastly I tell the ones that need it to upgrade.
Then the battle begins!
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Sion on May 01, 2014, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: sparda666 on May 01, 2014, 01:40:16 PM
Save file part 2:

Yes I do it one by one, and it sure is a boring work (I wish for a automatic solution).
I start by drafting everyone and gather them in the flower field then I pause the game and manually sort them one by one by shooting skill, and lastly I tell the ones that need it to upgrade.
Then the battle begins!

I wonder if weapons can be 'claimed' as beds can. So there's a sense of 'this weapon is mine, and only I can equip it, even though I've equipped something else.'
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Rayleigh

An overview of my base on Randy Random.

Currently powered by two geothermal generators and 15 solar panels. Power supply is separated between the west and east wing.

Defense is basically sandbags. There's two similar killbox set up. The first one will be the front line. If there are too many attackers and they are able to breach the front lines, the colonist will fall back to the second killbox. Attackers will have to go through the second killbox in order to access any parts of the base.

This is the north side of the base. The kitchen, raw vege stockpile, indoor hydroponics farm, and dining area are designed to reduce travel time when colonists are hungry. On the east side, there's the stonemason's room. The stockpile in that room is made sure that there's always rock debris supply and the craftsmen is assigned to always ensure that there are at least 500 stone blocks available at anytime. Somehow, my six batteries for the west wing always run out of juice during night time or on rainy days. Probably have to section off the west wing to have two separate power supplies and battery sets.

This is the residency area on the west wing.

Residency area on the east wing.

I've also cleared the dirt area below of poverty grass so that the agave plant, berry bush and plain bush can populate the area for emergency rationing, just in case if my indoor hydroponics farm is not producing raw vege fast enough.

Celthric Aysen

any more colonies out there?
we don't want all this compilations lost.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Rayleigh

With my defense setup, I notice one thing when defending against any group of invaders that might be consider an exploit. This works much better if you have random constructions on the outside of your defense to "distract" and split the invaders into smaller groups.

Basically when the invaders rush through the sandbags to get to the other side, what you do is bring all your colonist to run out through the door. Then the invaders will make a u-turn and try to exit through the funnel. When majority of them are reaching the funnel, you then send all your colonist back to the defense spots to start firing at the invaders again. Rinse and repeat.

However this might not work if the number of invaders that decided to hang about on the outside of the killbox is larger than the number of invaders that rushed the killbox. Then the second killbox comes into play where you can fall back to.

minami26

This looks like the thread to post what im trying to make!

Im building a fortress! woot. will post more when im done with it, it's in randy random! :D

Ive outlined the walls covering the fortress colony, the center is the great halls where they eat and grow food and check in with the daily tasks. That's all for now!

iame6162013

wait this has to be for rimworld right? :P
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Celthric Aysen

Bodog999

My Base with some mods.

Ps. I dont know if you can see the image.

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Bodog999 on May 08, 2014, 08:19:31 AM
My Base with some mods.

yep ssl error  :-\

Bodog999

Celthric Aysen

Quote from: Bodog999 on May 08, 2014, 08:47:03 AM
Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 08, 2014, 08:22:09 AM
Quote from: Bodog999 on May 08, 2014, 08:19:31 AM
My Base with some mods.

yep ssl error  :-\
How do I fix this? I've never posted a image on the forums  :P
i recommend using tinypic and use[img] link.png [/img]

Neone

Dropbox sucks for posting images on forum. You need to publicize file (not a folder) and then manually change url. So better drop this method.

Use some image sharing site, like http://imgur.com/

Link from imgur you can easily insert into img tags and everything will be just right :)

Bodog999