Stockpile Risks?

Started by Kenneth79, April 01, 2017, 01:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth79

I have an idea how about some consequences with stockpiles. You know how you can be a hoarder in the game and sure fire and deterioration can destroy your items...bbbuuttttt..... what if there was something more? Currently when raids happen the people destroy things and take people but what if this behavior changes? What if they steal your things? Also other methods of stealing your stockpile. What if animals try to break in to take a bite out of your simple meals or destroy items.

Belgord

I already have raiders steal silver and steel from me when they can't get my pawns.

GridLink

Yeah if they can get to your stockpile they will often just take a bunch of things and run with them. It actually keeps the odds of a single normal raid wiping you out pretty low (mechaniods will just destroy you utterly if they can).

Canute

But when even a larger force of Mechanoids didnt get inside your base, how do you think raids should manage it ?
Or do you think about stealth raids, which sneak in grab stuff and then become visible and try to escape.
Then look at the thread with stealth.

SpaceDorf

I think a fully developed fortress denies a lot of possibilities for interaction with enemies.

This could only be solved by a deep plunge into the RTS Genre with FoW, Radars and what not .. ( Supreme Commander would be a fine example )
but it would also change the base game to much .. I don't think I would like the result.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.