Have you eve buyed a dromedary?

Started by giannikampa, April 30, 2017, 10:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

I see traders taking animals with them, some have bags and are not to be sold, you can guess by clicking on them and seeing the "gear" button on the low left.
Sometime i see dromedaries or even camels in the caravan that have not the "gear" button and still are not in the list of animals you can buy from the traders.
Did anybody who read this tread buy a dromedadary or a camel ever?
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Canute

Not sure about dromedary, but muffalos and alpacas are pack-animals too and these i saw and bought.

grrizo

Yep. And they're useful, but I'm not sure how much compared to an alpaca or a muffalo.
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

khearn

I've often seen packanimals arrive empty with traders, but not be offered for sale. And if I sell a lot of crap valuable merchandise to them, I'll often see those animal leave with packs on. So it appears that traders often travel with spare pack animals, which they aren't willing to sell bracause they want to be able to carry stuff home on them.

giannikampa

Quote from: khearn on May 01, 2017, 01:39:35 PM
I've often seen packanimals arrive empty with traders, but not be offered for sale. And if I sell a lot of crap valuable merchandise to them, I'll often see those animal leave with packs on. So it appears that traders often travel with spare pack animals, which they aren't willing to sell bracause they want to be able to carry stuff home on them.

Yes! I could notice this few seconds ago. And said pack animal had not the the gear button to show their inventory before, then had it and the bags sown and I could see what they were carrying: the valuable merchandise I just sold to the traders.

And as always.. sorry for my bad english

DariusWolfe

I bought and used a dromedary for a couple of years as my sole pack animal. I'm kinda sure I bought it by sending a trader to a nearby tribal village though, rather than from a visiting trader.

Zhentar

Dromedaries are nearly identical to Muffalo. They eat a similar amount, they produce the same amount of wool and milk, they carry about the same amount. The only real substantial difference is that Muffalo can handle much colder temperatures.

NinjaDiscoJew

Nope, only animals I buy are muffalos, sometimes if I am missing the other gender of a tamed animal I will buy said animal.