[A11] Halo Weapon Pack (V 1.2 / 13.6.2015) moved by request of topic starter

Started by Helixien, June 10, 2015, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helixien

Description:

Do you like Halo? Yes? Then you will love this mod! And even if you are not a Halo fan, I think you will quite like these weapons!
Its my first mod. I made it since I could not find any Halo weapons for Alpha 10 so I made my own one :D

Content:

So far you have following weapons:

MA5B/Assault Rifle - (Version from: Halo CE) - only one model (classic)!
MA37/Assault Rifle - (Versions form: Halo Online/Halo Reach) - 8 different models!
BR55/BR - (Versions form: Halo Online) - 5 different models!
M6A/Magnum - (Versions form: Halo Online) - 2 models!
M6D/Magnum - (Versions form: Halo Online/Halo CE) - 2 models!
MA37/DMR - (Version from: Halo Reach/Halo Online) - 3 models!
SRS99/Sniper - (Versions from: Halo Reach) - 2 models!

All weapons have different stats (damage, how fast they fire, range, etc) and different bullets. I did my best to make them fit into the game without them being too powerful or to weak. They should play nice with other weapon mods.

How to Install:

- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Permissions & Credits:

Artwork of the weapons was created by: Drakojan14  over on deviantart! I just brought them in the game!
Sounds are from soundfxcenter.com!

If a new version of RimWorld is released, you can freely post an updated version of my mod here!

Download:
Version 1.2: Alpha11: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3txxqxkzl8zeg2s/%5BA11%20Weapon%5D%20RimHalo1.2.zip?dl=0

Version 1.1: Alpha10: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1kukgmmc3oiqqh/%5BWeapon%5D%20RimHalo_1.1.zip?dl=0

Adamiks

Nice mod, but i'm playing on Rimsenal mod and having more than one mod with glitterworld weapons isn't soo good. If you could balance these weapons for mods like GlitterTech, Rimsenal, Rimfire etc. this would be great.

Helixien

Quote from: Adamiks on June 10, 2015, 12:36:02 PM
Nice mod, but i'm playing on Rimsenal mod and having more than one mod with glitterworld weapons isn't soo good. If you could balance these weapons for mods like GlitterTech, Rimsenal, Rimfire etc. this would be great.

Shouldnt be too hard.

nmid

the textures look really good.
Reminded me of halo1 (which is the only one I really played the lift out of :p)

Hope the weapons are well balanced.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Helixien

To be honest, I dont really know. I tried to make them fit into RimWorld while still giving them a Halo feel.
Feedback would be nice :)

nmid

Will try it out this weekend, in A11 and when a few more mods get updated to a11 :)

ps - Release your mod for A11 too, if it won't be too tough !
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Adamiks

You forgot to change name of this topic from Alpha 10 to 11 ;)

nmid

Hi,

Finally trying this out in A11... looking at the xml, you have done a lot of balancing for these weapons and I love it :D

Btw, looking at the code
<!-- MA37_HybridScope ======================================================= -->
  <ThingDef ParentName="BaseGun">
    <defName>Gun_MA37_HybridScope</defName>
    <label>MA37 Hybrid Scope</label>
    <description>(Individual Combat Weapon System) Primary service rifle with a hybrid scope of all branches of the UNSC.</description>
<graphicData>
<texPath>HumanWeapons/MA37/MA37_HybridScope</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
</graphicData>
    <soundInteract>I
    <soundInteract>InteractRifle</soundInteract>
    <statBases>

has an open and extra  <soundInteract> :)

The yellow error code in RW debug log will go away after you rectify this.

edit -
Also noticed this... oops :s

Config error in Bullet_RailgunMK1: Bullet_RailgunMK1 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.
Config error in Gun_RailgunMK1: Gun_RailgunMK1 ends with a numerical digit, which is not allowed on ThingDefs.

Guess this isn't a big issue.. wonder what happens when they say it's 'not allowed'.

I remember making a
    <defName>RefrigeratedTrayRack2</defName>
and it worked fine.
Obviously when I changed it to    <defName>RefrigeratedMiscRack</defName> in the same running game, my game crashed :p
I had to delete the old Rack2 and then make the change. Anyway, getting OT.

CB elite

Your weapon artwork is a lot better than mine, in my opinion :D

The weapons in my Halo mod look kind of... meh. Lol.

Good work, man :)

nmid

sorry, guess I'm tired.. perhaps this isn't a problem with a fresh RimHalo weapon pack, but I have checked 2 times and I think this is an original file problem..
In the Mods\RimHalo\Defs\ThingDefs\RH_Guns.xml file

<ThingDef Name="BaseBullet" Abstract="True">
(snip)
<graphicShaderType>Transparent</graphicShaderType>

has to be changed to

<graphicData>
      <shaderType>Transparent</shaderType>
    </graphicData>

Also,
   <!-- MA37_ Enforcer ============================================================== -->
  <ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
    <defName>Bullet_MA37_Enforcer</defName>
    <label>MA37 Enforcer Round</label>
<graphicPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</graphicPath>

has to be changed to

<!-- MA37_ Enforcer ============================================================== -->
  <ThingDef ParentName="BaseBullet">
    <defName>Bullet_MA37_Enforcer</defName>
    <label>MA37 Enforcer Round</label>
<graphicData>
    <texPath>Things/Projectile/Bullet_Small</texPath>
    </graphicData>
    <projectile>

Not sure how I didn't spot this earlier... Will check again tmrw.

Dragoon

I can't get this to work in prepare carefully I don't see any of the weapons. (I haven't seen any raiders with them either)
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

nmid

I saw the pistols, haven't seen the rifles in prepare carefully.

nmid

Quote from: Dragoon on June 19, 2015, 11:52:23 PM
I can't get this to work in prepare carefully I don't see any of the weapons. (I haven't seen any raiders with them either)

add
<weaponTags>
      <li>Gun</li>
      <li>AdvancedGun</li>
    </weaponTags>
to whichever weapon or weapon base you want edb prep to show.

Currently it's only in BaseHumanGun Thingdef.. adding it to an individual gun or to the parent class (under this)
<ThingDef Name="BaseGun" Abstract="True">
will work.

Dragoon

Quote from: nmid on June 23, 2015, 06:12:24 PM
-snip-

could you include a picture or paste an example? i'm not sure where to put this.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.