Help want to get rid of grenades!

Started by Peaches, February 03, 2014, 06:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peaches

Have you been building your colony and everything is going great, then you see a group of raiders. You think awesome time for some action, then when you look at their weapons you see OH CRAP there are molotovs and frag grenades. I hate them with a flaming passion and was hoping someone could help me out to a way of A) modifying the files to turn them off or B) putting me towards a mod that can help.
I know that they were implemented into the game for a challenge but I hate them and hopefully someone can help!
Thanks!

Ender

I could certainly give you a suggestion, make your troops target them first... That might help some, at least its what helps me. i hardly ever have explosions ever go off because off that tactic.
The voices in my head tell me to burn colonists....

Semmy

I always shoot raiders with grenades first.

The best tactic i found for eliminating those are to go out and hunt them before they attack.
It gives you more room to fall back.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Thunder Rahja

Perhaps directors Callie and Phoebe should prohibit raiders from spawning with explosives.

ApexPredator

I have never had a problem with grenades. The only weapon I do not like to see on a raider is a M24.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Peaches on February 03, 2014, 06:15:40 PM
Have you been building your colony and everything is going great, then you see a group of raiders. You think awesome time for some action, then when you look at their weapons you see OH CRAP there are molotovs and frag grenades. I hate them with a flaming passion and was hoping someone could help me out to a way of A) modifying the files to turn them off or B) putting me towards a mod that can help.
I know that they were implemented into the game for a challenge but I hate them and hopefully someone can help!
Thanks!
eh....sorry to hear that.
I suggest you stick to phoebe then. I like frag grenades...and once you have mines you can literally destroy all the raiders no problem on any storyteller.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Peaches

Alright thanks guys, i did try targeting them first but holy crap i hate them. Anyways thanks guys!

Ender

Am i the only one that simply doesnt use molotovs and frag grenades at all when fighting raiders, personally i just count them as too much of a hazard to the colonists around them.

ItchyFlea

Nope. I also avoid using them. Only time I equip them is when I'm blowing up debris or emptying my corpse dump.  :)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ApexPredator

Quote from: Ender on February 05, 2014, 12:52:25 PM
Am i the only one that simply doesnt use molotovs and frag grenades at all when fighting raiders, personally i just count them as too much of a hazard to the colonists around them.

I am with you on this one. They all go to the launch pad for me. Sometimes I will use molotovs to burn a stack of raiders after a large attack.

Peaches

To the person who suggested Pheobe, i have but i want to play with groups of raiders just with no explosives....

Ender

Quote from: ItchyFlea on February 05, 2014, 03:29:26 PM
Nope. I also avoid using them. Only time I equip them is when I'm blowing up debris or emptying my corpse dump.  :)
exactly what i use them for, BURN THE BODIES!

Coenmcj

"I'm sorry officer, but I don't know what you mean 'what did you do with the bodies' "
I prefer putting a ring of graves around a 3x3 donut of blasting charges when I have the materials available, I tend to destroy the bodies midcombat by accident...

On the topic however, I suppose you could replace the lines of code for the grenades with that of the m-16, unless that would involve them throwing guns at you, I don't really know my way around the XML that much.

Now if you don't mind me I've got to set off my corpseplosion
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Ender

Quote from: Coenmcj on February 07, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

On the topic however, I suppose you could replace the lines of code for the grenades with that of the m-16, unless that would involve them throwing guns at you, I don't really know my way around the XML that much.

Now if you don't mind me I've got to set off my corpseplosion
Lol! "Sir! the raiders are at the battle lines and- whoah! that one is throwing guns at us! Shoot him! Shoot him!!!"

Vastin

When I have opponents with grenades coming up - and I don't have my explosive doorway traps set up yet - I generally select someone eminently expendable and have them dance around in the middle of the battlefield, closer to the enemy than my gunmen in cover.

The enemy grenadiers will generally target this poor slob because he's closer, and will miss because he's in motion, effectively negating them as a threat until my own gunmen have dealt with them. Then my poor shot-up decoy can go run for cover (assuming he's still alive) while the rest mop up.

But yeah, if you just put everyone in classic cover positions when enemy grenadiers roll up, you're going to have problems pretty quickly.