Previous topic - Next topic

xiongyiwen

Suggestion: the backpack alone a MOD.
Tools for haul. Not practical, there is a shortcut key conflict

Grogfeld

Quote from: xiongyiwen on December 02, 2015, 05:56:40 AM

I would love to see backpack as standalone mod. Idea of this mod is so great but it has so many issues with other mods. It would be very practical with Combat Realism, onetime use grenades,rocket launchers, and other stuff like knifes as a secondary weapon...   

Ungrateful

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 02, 2015, 07:15:45 PM

I would love to see backpack as standalone mod. Idea of this mod is so great but it has so many issues with other mods. It would be very practical with Combat Realism, onetime use grenades,rocket launchers, and other stuff like knifes as a secondary weapon...
I too am for a standalone version, I love this mod especially with tools for hauling and combat realism. Thank you for this mod, it really facilitates integration.

xiongyiwen

Quote from: Grogfeld on December 02, 2015, 07:15:45 PM

Special forces carry dagger, rocket launcher, pistol, submachine guns, sniper rifle, medical kits, compressed food, that is in the first blood Stallone ah!

Sentenza

I installed this, crafted a backpack, and it wasn't automatically equipped, is this normal?

After force-equipping it, the pawn had it on, and I could use it manually, but he wouldn't ever use it to haul with, it was always empty, is this normal too?

Can I get my pawns to use backpacks themselves?

falcongrey

Quote from: Sentenza on December 04, 2015, 10:49:08 AM
I installed this, crafted a backpack, and it wasn't automatically equipped, is this normal?

After force-equipping it, the pawn had it on, and I could use it manually, but he wouldn't ever use it to haul with, it was always empty, is this normal too?

Can I get my pawns to use backpacks themselves?
A lot of it depends on quality and if the pawn needs / wants it. Mine usually equip it themselves rather quickly as they go to haul things.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

Haze2

1.5c ever for A12d still too glitchy. Pawns don't want to use their backpacks (except for single dish). Only manual filling in will do. Almost the same with carts - hard to explain what's going on, but at least once I've seen haul-specializing pawn used it  for steel (and that was unexpeccted).

Possibly pawns should take into account any other items on their way to storage - not only single-type items, maybe that's the part of the problem.

Masquerine

I was watching my pawns haul things and I noticed how the behavior for hauling works with this mods' items. Pawns with hauling labor as their top priority will correctly use extra space in their backpacks to haul multiple items, or large stacks of a single item. They have to be the ones to choose to haul and not you forcing them to haul something for it to work. There also needs to be enough stockpile empty space for them to deposit the items into or else they'll get stuck holding the items. I had a guy holding 180 simple meals because my designation pile was too small, so keep that in mind.

You can still manually add items to backpacks if you want them to hang onto something until needed, like heavy weapons so they can be ready at a moment's notice in a sudden raid (drop from backpack, force equip). Manually added items don't seem to be deposited into stockpiles, which is good.

Animal carts do work, its just a pawn has to assist the animal in loading and unloading. I see random pawns helping the dogs haul things with their carts here and there. The pawn helping doesn't need to be a hauler top priority. Anyone seems to be able to help them as needed.

I didn't try saddles yet, but I'm absolutely loving the backpacks for both hauling and holding weapons/food. Also great for hunters to manually loot multiple bodies in their bags instead of having to make several long distance trips for 1 item each time.

Backpacks are influenced by pawn crafting skill, so when making them set the minimum skill level on the bill to whoever has the highest crafting. A legendary quality backpack can hold 7 items compared to a good quality at 3.

Edit: The only bug seems to be that with hauling meals they sometimes go to the stockpile to drop them, but don't actually put them down (even if the stockpile is more than large enough). Probably related to their default behavior of wanting to keep a meal on themselves at all times without checking just how many meals they are actually holding. A forced manual drop solves that problem once in awhile. It'll only be whoever is the designated hauler that will horde all the meals, so easy to keep track of. If your meal stockpile is empty, look for the guy that was supposed to haul them there and drop his 150~+ meals lol.

I play with the hardcoresk modpack so having an efficient hauler(s) is required to get anything done. Otherwise the game just stagnates with forever hauling everything due to the sheer amount of items the modpack adds.

[attachment deleted due to age]

xiongyiwen

Megafly

Quote from: xiongyiwen on January 06, 2016, 09:01:20 PM

Signed in.

I also found the key binding conflict on the "V" key, had to put this mod down for the moment.

Mega

Emottaja

I like the backpacks of this mod, nice that my colonists can bring meals with them, but I got a problem with the carts.  :P

For some reason my colonists refuse to use the cart, either by indicating that there supposedly is nothing to haul, even if there are haulable items and an empty storage right next to them. Or  they just pick up the cart and drag it around while carrying single items by hand, not using the cart at all.  :-\

I'm not sure if this next bug is from this mod or a conflict with another, but at sometimes my colonists try to haul psychic lances or other similar items and then just stand still doing nothing until they have to sleep or eat. When this happens, there are no visible psychic lances in the whole map and no other haulable items nearby. I suspect that the new haul logic makes them try to haul items in undiscovered/hidden areas of the map, like the underground tombs with the cryosleep cascets, and then fail to path there.

It doesn't cause any error messages so I only noticed it after half my colony was just standing still in the cold getting hypothermia. ???

Correction: https://41.media.tumblr.com/473d9e9517cea7e54789805d4d705bab/tumblr_o1912kz7Mp1tq9aigo1_1280.png

lude

I have similar problems as the above topic and also wanted to know if by chance you could have a look at your mod working together with Miscellaneous +MAI or explain to me how I could forbid carriage/backpack usage by the hauling station robots, but alas it's okay if you don't wanna since it's stuff with another mod.

Sometimes (with more than one cart or rarely with one cart) the hauling bots will run in circles over stockpiles and rearrange things for no apparent reason, I wonder if it could be something like a hauling job completed while they're still preparing to haul to the same or something ^^

anyway, great mod and the first one I see to implement vehicles really nicely as well as do other elaborate magical stuff

QuoteCorrection: https://41.media.tumblr.com/473d9e9517cea7e54789805d4d705bab/tumblr_o1912kz7Mp1tq9aigo1_1280.png

I wish I knew how to fix it, had a look at the source code for hauling but it's too hard for me to understand.

http://i.imgur.com/EwBQaxP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Im14Byy.jpg

that it's a bot is unrelated, the error can happen without misc.

And here i was thinking i could have haul bots use backpacks :P

lude

Quote from: 10001110 on February 01, 2016, 04:44:14 PM
And here i was thinking i could have haul bots use backpacks :P

I just tried force equipping one and it crashed the game

but carts and bots work as well together as the rest of the mod and hauling jobs, sometimes really well and you see how incredibily awesome the mod is and then you see a bunch of hauling bots playing lacrosse with carts in your storage area,
it happens with stuff that has higher priority stockpiles, probably too small, too big or too magical, i dunno but something sure is causing it

--- edit ---
there is a bug with having slag chunks being in carts while being saved and loaded "is in container that has no owner"

Kadrush

Never tried, but can i place a saddle on a Yorkshire and ride on top of it?

It would be quite fun and a bit cruel... :P