[1.3] [KV] Change Research Speed [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, May 26, 2017, 03:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeimss

Kiame

Kiame

Fixing an issue where when loading a save any research which is in progress of being researched (has some points in it) the points would be incorrect.

Crow_T

I'm getting an error on load saying the version number is wrong, even though other mods have the same, 0.18.0. I tried doing what the error asked for, changing the xml file to 0.18.xxxx to no avail.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Kiame

Are you on Linux by chance? That'll give me a clue.

If not... hmm not quite sure why it's complaining

It doesnt break anything, it is annoying to have that window pop up though

Crow_T

yep on Linux, and it won't allow me to use the mod, it disables it on restart. I use it in a17 but can't remember if I had to hack anything first...
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Kiame

I do have git removing line endings so i'm surprised this is happening. Let me go in and remove all line endings and i'll update both steam and direct download

Kiame

Both direct download and steam have been updated with an about file with no \r before \n

Let me know if it works now

Crow_T

Hmmm, I think something was messed up on my end due to trying to keep a17 and b18 versions separate and playable- the previous version did throw errors but looks to work although it's flagged, the newest one is borked however, sorry. I feel like an asshole now. Should probably stop messing around at midnight  :-\
-Condaddy20

Kiame

Lol no worries. If there are still problems let me know.

I do know even if a mod is not selected the game will still complain.

If you're manually downloading look in the mods folder for "ModifyResearchTime" or "ChangeResearchSpeed" delete both folders (i changed folder names at a time earlier on) and delete both. Then reinstall the newest version.

If that's the case sorry for the confusion

Necromenta

i have a problem here guys, i have the mod, and im using it as 0.5 factor speed, but if i load a new game or re-load the game i was on, i lose all my researchs, they reset, i was researching the snipers, a meteorite killed one of my workers and i reloaded the game, then i found that i need to research everything again (includes another mod researchs!!)

Help pls

Kiame

How long ago did you download the version you're using now? i've made a few updates and I had fixed what sounds like is happening to you a few days ago. Try re-downloading it if this is the case. You'll need to use the dev mode to insta-finish the research that was lost - sorry this was an oversight on my part as i was testing with factors great than 1.

Was the post on the 15th: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32854.msg377628#msg377628

Not the best message, i was working on a few different mods at the time with the latest unstable release... I should have copied the message on the steam page:
QuoteI just fixed a problem I introduced with the last update. There is a chance when loading a save with the previous version of the mod where previous research is no longer finished. If you run into this problem please enable debug mod (from the settings page) and in the research window, click on the research that should be done and select "Debug Insta-Finish".

Again I am really sorry for any trouble this causes!

Necromenta

Quote from: Kiame on November 19, 2017, 05:58:19 PM
How long ago did you download the version you're using now? i've made a few updates and I had fixed what sounds like is happening to you a few days ago. Try re-downloading it if this is the case. You'll need to use the dev mode to insta-finish the research that was lost - sorry this was an oversight on my part as i was testing with factors great than 1.

Was the post on the 15th: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32854.msg377628#msg377628

Not the best message, i was working on a few different mods at the time with the latest unstable release... I should have copied the message on the steam page:
QuoteI just fixed a problem I introduced with the last update. There is a chance when loading a save with the previous version of the mod where previous research is no longer finished. If you run into this problem please enable debug mod (from the settings page) and in the research window, click on the research that should be done and select "Debug Insta-Finish".

Again I am really sorry for any trouble this causes!

okay, im going to download it again, but the problem is a little diferent, everytime i load a game i lose EVERYTHING on my research tab, i´ll investigate the problem because it can be another mod

thank you.

Kiame

I assumed you meant you lost completed research. The ones lost, do they have any points in progress?

Necromenta

Quote from: Kiame on November 19, 2017, 09:15:20 PM
I assumed you meant you lost completed research. The ones lost, do they have any points in progress?

yeah, like 10%-15% of the total points

update: i maked a new game to investigate the problem, i used the debug to research and then saved and re-loaded the game, the researchs didn´t disappear now i´ll try on my main game