What are the shells for?

Started by Vonholtz, January 07, 2015, 07:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

As in the title. I see some trade ships sell them some times they drop in pods. They are called shells said they are used in cannons. I am new to the game I tried to do a search and shell came up in a number of post and every time I go to a post there nothing about what the shells do. And then I could not go back had to re-enter the forums. So what cannon are they talking about. So what do the shells do?

Fruit loops

Nothing as of now, just a trading commodity.  :D

EDIT: the change log now says it has a use.
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Vonholtz

Quote from: Fruit loops on January 07, 2015, 07:25:42 PM
LoL thank you. I now feel like a fool. I have been holding on to the one I found in hope a trader would show up with a cannon. Oh well maybe it be some thing to wait for in later updates.  8)

kasimirtlw

at first i  thought I had to put them in a feeder build next to a mortar gun  but that didn't work :)

woolfoma

Quote from: Fruit loops on January 07, 2015, 07:25:42 PM
if you have the experimental pack you would have seen what the shells (and the long gone missiles) were for :D
I think that the game where those items originated would make an amazing game as well.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Karn

I've just found this in the changelog:
Artillery cannons now require artillery shells to fire and are more powerful.

The-MathMog

Quote from: Karn on January 10, 2015, 04:00:11 AM
I've just found this in the changelog:
Artillery cannons now require artillery shells to fire and are more powerful.

Yup! :)
Here it is for people who haven't read it all!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

Coenmcj

Aye, Shells are now for shelling those that need be shelled with the shells of dooooom
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

xlockeed

Will sieges have to come with shells? And how will that work out? Hoppers, stockpiles or will it be the same old mortar fire but having shells makes them that much more powerful?
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

hopdevil

I would think this will be something besiegers will have to have dropped in along with food.  It would be cool if they exploded if incinerated while in a stockpile.