[MOD] (Alpha9) Seasonal Wardrobe (1.0-9) A smart closet for your colonists!

Started by Friedmutant, February 24, 2015, 01:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friedmutant

I've started work on a smart armor rack, which should solve some of the awkwardness of the seasonal wardrobe during emergencies.  So far the state machine storage is working well, but I have a long way to go.

I guess it will be useful as well to mitigate the movement debuff that power armor gives, as long as colonist only wear the heavy stuff during emergencies.

I never imagined adding more pieces to this mod, so I have a lot of refactoring to do. :P

joshwoo69

Quote from: Friedmutant on February 26, 2015, 02:02:26 AM
I've started work on a smart armor rack, which should solve some of the awkwardness of the seasonal wardrobe during emergencies.  So far the state machine storage is working well, but I have a long way to go.

I guess it will be useful as well to mitigate the movement debuff that power armor gives, as long as colonist only wear the heavy stuff during emergencies.

I never imagined adding more pieces to this mod, so I have a lot of refactoring to do. :P
here is a hint
Check the outside temperature. (F or C) then if it is colder the (insert certain temp raNge) Then the system should kick in and allow the colonist to change clothes.

Anduin1357

This needs a setting where the colonists will take warmer clothing for jobs in the colony and vice versa outside of the colony in cold areas...
Then maybe I'll install this mod...

Killaim

if at all possible i would suggest a single click to modify all closets

so you can set the storage types

perhaps even a manual "switch to alternate clothing"

Friedmutant

Quote from: Killaim on March 23, 2015, 04:24:22 AM
if at all possible i would suggest a single click to modify all closets
so you can set the storage types

That's a pretty good idea, actually!  I'm not sure I'll get to it though.  It sounds like the next alpha might make this mod obsolete with the new 'outfit' system.

LustrousWolf

Not that smart of a wardrobe to be honest. My colonists keep putting armor and helmets in the wardrobe, and change into that armor which tends to be what i do not want them to use. I primarily wanted this mod because i wanted my colonists to put on parkas for the winter and put their dusters away, and swap when it was spring. But that does not happen.. I did try to change the settings on the wardrobes, but then when winter or spring came, it would revert it back and they would put helmets and armor into the wardrobe and not a duster or parka. Also when I exit the game the wardrobes revert back so every time I come back onto my colony I have to change it. Personally I find it easier just to change all my colonists clothes manually.

mrofa

I did play a bit with apparel when i did my locker, i think you could use it as a base, its get all appareal to the list its much more easier to do stuff with apparel when its in the list and pawn dont have thier sticky fingers on them all the time :D

All i do is clutter all around.

filippe999

Nice, someone used the basic room design of plant pot, bed and equipment rack and made something useful and cool, kudos

stokes776

Really liked this mod, if not just for the fact that it added a wardrobe to the colonists bedroom that they swapped out their clothing in. Made the Colony feel more alive.

Any word on if this is going to be updated for A11? (I know in A11 colonists swapout their own clothing now, but still curious)

Gralad