[MOD] (Alpha 9) New Weather

Started by SC_Reaper, January 06, 2015, 12:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonholtz

Quote from: SC_Reaper on February 23, 2015, 03:14:15 AM
Quote from: Vonholtz on February 23, 2015, 02:42:47 AM
Ok old guy dumb ass question. I am not great when it come to computers so I wanted two of your weather mods. I downloaded hurricanes and local decompression. Now when I open both of them the folder and the files are the same names. all they want to do is cope over each other. So what am i doing wrong? the zipfiles are named right so is there some thing I have to do to make the mods work. All the other mods I use (40+ mods) just go in easy yours are the only ones I have trouble with. Sorry if this sounds dumb but I just not getting it.
Well, if the folders you see is named 'About' and 'Defs' then the problem is that the downloaded zip folder opened automatically and what you are seeing is one folder to deep into the mod. You will need to check your download folder to find the mod by it's name.

Fx, if i downloaded them both, i would find a folder named 'Hurricane' and 'Local Decompression' in my downloads folder. These folders are the ones that needs to be copied to your mods folder, not the folders inside.

I should probably set this into the 'How to install" section so nobody gets this problem again... ???

If there's any other problems with my mod, or there's still this problem, just send me a pm. (Private Message)

Grrr I am not getting it. Ok let me ask it this way do i need to make a folder called hurrianne and put the about and defs from the hurricane zip in that folder then put that in rimworld mod folder?

Again I am sorry I am not great at this stuff.

Edit: I think that did it I will learn this one day. LoL TY

SC_Reaper

Quote from: Vonholtz on February 23, 2015, 03:34:36 AM
Grrr I am not getting it. Ok let me ask it this way do i need to make a folder called hurrianne and put the about and defs from the hurricane zip in that folder then put that in rimworld mod folder?

Again I am sorry I am not great at this stuff.

Edit: I think that did it I will learn this one day. LoL TY
Eh, i don't really know if you got it solved or not. But i just got acces to my computer again and can say to you that the only thing you need to do is unpack the file you downloaded; and then copy it into your mods folder. It should be located under "This Computer\Downloads" or "C:\Users\YourUser\Downloads".

Fx, mine are located under "C:\Users\Johannes\Downloads".

But yeah, as an alternate you can simply create a folder named whatever you want and then throw the About and Defs into that folder. It'll still work as it should; and in-game you wont see any changes at all.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

drakulux

I only play arid biome so still waiting on the haboob (sandstorm), is there any way I can help I do know photoshop. with slow down and loss of accuracy to simulate loss of vision. If possible do minor abrasive damage and small chance to temporarily damage eyes?  for like 1 ingame day if not wearing mask :D new item to include, i am sure there is a clothings mod with many masks that cud become cross compatible....oh the glory.....