Started by Ink., December 14, 2014, 08:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ink.

This is the texture by default:

This is what it looks like ingame:

Even when it's lit up:

Anyway to fix?

Igabod

Are you using the stuff system to create the object? If so then that's why your texture is changing colors. You either have to use a single specified ingredient or alter the base texture so that it looks better when re-colored by the stuff system. That means changing it to shades of white and grey and black and then trial-and-error style adjustments till you get it the way you want. If you're not using the stuff system then I have no clue what might be changing the colors.

Ink.

Quote from: Igabod on December 14, 2014, 10:18:04 PM
Are you using the stuff system to create the object? If so then that's why your texture is changing colors. You either have to use a single specified ingredient or alter the base texture so that it looks better when re-colored by the stuff system. That means changing it to shades of white and grey and black and then trial-and-error style adjustments till you get it the way you want. If you're not using the stuff system then I have no clue what might be changing the colors.

That would make sense. I was using the stuff system. Now I just gotta figure out what I'm missing that's giving me these issues with conversion =)

Edit - Got it, it just needed a restart after my changes. Might have to do some minor tweaks to fix things but it's working properly.

StorymasterQ

Igabod, who doesn't want to make a Head-on-a-Stake made from iron? Or steel? Or gold? It'd be awesome!

On another thought, maybe just Stuff the Stake part. I'd have raider heads on wooden stake, but for esteemed ex-members of my colonies, I'd like their heads on a gold stake. Maybe even plasteel.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Ink.

Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 15, 2014, 12:36:04 AM
Igabod, who doesn't want to make a Head-on-a-Stake made from iron? Or steel? Or gold? It'd be awesome!

On another thought, maybe just Stuff the Stake part. I'd have raider heads on wooden stake, but for esteemed ex-members of my colonies, I'd like their heads on a gold stake. Maybe even plasteel.

That's a future goal. I gotta figure out how to make it so only the stake itself will change but not the head for that. (Gold stake hype, to let your enemy know you're rich AND deadly)

Igabod

Quote from: Ink. on December 15, 2014, 12:43:33 AM
Quote from: StorymasterQ on December 15, 2014, 12:36:04 AM

That's a future goal. I gotta figure out how to make it so only the stake itself will change but not the head for that. (Gold stake hype, to let your enemy know you're rich AND deadly)

You might ask Shinzy about making it so that only one part of the texture gets the color changed by the stuff system. I believe he had to deal with that for the alpha 7 update. And mrofa possibly has some information on that too if I remember correctly based upon what I've read in other threads. I haven't dealt with that issue just yet so I can't do anything more than point you to the masters.

[edit to add] Here is a thread which discusses this issue I believe. Maybe it will help.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Ink. on December 15, 2014, 12:43:33 AM

This should help:

Quote from: Tynan on December 09, 2014, 04:31:48 PM
As for the coloration, try <shaderType>CutoutComplex</shaderType> You may need to add another image alongside each texture for this hack solution to work, with the same name but '_mask' appended. Color the mask image black. Any pixels you want to take the stuff color, set to red. To take the colorTwo, set to green. Beds work like this atm.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

RemingtonRyder

Hey there. I'm having difficulty getting a building (let's say a new turret with a different texture) to take on stuff colours.

I've tried using a mask as above, but in-game the actual building is the basic texture with no stuff colours. The icon for building does somewhat reflect the stuff colour, but not quite as well as the vanilla turret.

The turret design is here if you want to take a look.

Edit: Wait, never mind, got it. Don't need a mask by default, I was just making things complicated for myself. :)