Full Alert for Mutilation and Maiming.

Started by Zombra, May 04, 2016, 04:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombra

Once, I took an injured enemy prisoner, capturing her and dragging her to a prison bed.  Some weeks/months (?) later, I noticed that she was still lying in bed despite plenty of time having passed to recover from her wounds.  Examining her health, I learned that she had lost a leg in the fight so could not get up; yet she just lay there, apparently content to do so forever.

More recently, I happened to select my primary hauler to supervise her construction of a new power source, and noticed she was carrying x38 Steel from the stockpile to the generator.  A strange amount! I thought.  After some time I checked her health and noticed that she was missing her right arm.  Evidently it had been injured at some point in the game, who knows how long ago, and had to be amputated without my knowledge.  My hauler had been working at half strength ever since.

I propose that when a limb is lost, an alert appear at the lower right, the same as an infection or disease, to make sure I know about it.

Justas love

The infection and the deseases always get a warning the same as raids.

Zombra

Quote from: Justas love on May 04, 2016, 05:02:57 PM
The infection and the deseases always get a warning the same as raids.
Correct, but losing a limb does not.  Why?

Justas love

I believe when some1 misses a part they get the notification in the upper left. Wich is hardly noticeable

Zombra

Quote from: Justas love on May 04, 2016, 05:13:20 PM
I believe when some1 misses a part they get the notification in the upper left. Wich is hardly noticeable
Hm yeah, I miss those all the time.  This one should go down to the "real" alerts lower right :)

cultist

Keep an eye on pawn health bars. If it's partially red, it means they are missing a limb or an organ.

Zombra

Quote from: cultist on May 07, 2016, 05:33:09 PMKeep an eye on pawn health bars. If it's partially red, it means they are missing a limb or an organ.

Hmm, I guess I vaguely see those whenever I go to the Work tab.  Not exactly convenient, and definitely not something I monitor constantly.  I still say a permanent alert would be more appropriate.

Vaporisor

Issue is that non organ related damage doesn't show on health bar.  To test, I removed prosthetics from a couple colonists as a test.  One armed, no red.  Same with my one legged warrior now.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

blub01

to be exact, the colonist has to be in pain for the bar to show.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

firescythe

Just a note, I happen to cause in 1 of 5 cases leg-off damage with sniper rifle. It is with colonist ranged skills 12/8/6

hwfanatic

Not what you have asked for, but my suggestion is to grab Medical Info from Fluffy. It introduces a tab that shows everything medical in one place e.g. handling, consciousness, etc. Any value below 100% indicates a problem.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0

It should be save-compatible AFAIK.

Zombra

Quote from: blub01 on May 09, 2016, 08:15:22 AMto be exact, the colonist has to be in pain for the bar to show.

Hmm ... in that case, the red bar does me no good.  I already send wounded pawns to bed because I'm notified they need treatment.  I shouldn't have to also go check another screen to determine how permanent the injury is.  Just tell me straight up if my guy got maimed.

Quote from: hwfanatic on May 09, 2016, 09:07:12 AMNot what you have asked for, but my suggestion is to grab Medical Info from Fluffy.

Thanks hwfanatic, but I'm trying not to go down the rabbit hole of mods just yet.  In my opinion, this is a fix that truly needs to be in the base game.