Which mods?

Started by Ruafo, August 29, 2014, 11:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruafo

Hello all!!!!!

Which mods you would say are esseintial, to enhance the gaming experience?

I take a break, missed alpha 5 and Im purely overwhelmed by the amount of mods already available.

Plz help!!! ;)

Shinzy

I've heard Apparello  is really amazing mod! #Selfpromotion

for some bigger mods Tech tree minami/TTM events or Superior Crafting are really nice choises

But personally I prefer using bunch of smaller mods and seeing which ones play nice together
stuffs like;
Embrasures
Zombie mod
Clutter
Trap pack
Apparello ::)
Project Armory
Haplo's Workplaces
Alpha Muffalos
Apothecarius
Finer things

now I already probably forgot something I really like and will feel really ashamed about for not mentioning

Edit: So you're totally right about the overwhelming mod selection! ;D

Ruafo

Hi Shinzy,

I will try the tech tree minami mod cause it also include your apparello mod and its an overhaul it sounds like more different new and fresh experience. Thx for the hints Shinzy!!!!

Bruvvy

If you want to build your colony and love melee combat get the Knockouts mod! It doubles the chance for people to get incapacitated in combat :)

Ykara

I've had many different mods installed and in every alpha i found new mods. The most Rimworld Mods are well designed, but the only mod I've never removed is Aparello. Imo Aparello is a must have mod, I can't imagine playing without it. Thx Shinzy ^^

Bodog999

These are the mods I like:
-Embrasures
-MAI
-Alpha muffalo (bassically a badass muffalo)
-Clutter
-Cannons and Turrets pack
-Jaxxa Shields
-Glittertech Armor
-Glittertech Xenon-Ion Generator
-Trap pack
-Gun Emplacements

daft73

My suggestion is to play a vanilla game first, to get an idea of things. As the game matures, some mods are outdated, and or incorporated into the vanilla game.
Then maybe go check out some mods.. some are just graphics, others change the game mechanics abit, tech ect. Also think about what you like to do when playing...are you the military might that will change the Rimverse to your liking :o ...are you a builder looking for that ideal synergy with your base. Then base your mod search with these thoughts in mind.

Another note of worth is to make sure when you actually get around to installing the mods, add them one at a time to minimize conflicts and errors. Mods change bits in your game and sometimes you will run into problems if your not careful. Nothing is to damaging and it relatively easy to avoid, but it is still worth it to read the mod authors notes on compatibility and such..but that is not fool-proof, things get through the cracks. Fortunately in the worst case scenario the game takes seconds to re-install so no loss there...maybe a game save.

PKGameOnly

You all are talking about different mods you like to start you game off with.  But I was wondering if there was a mod and did I miss it that would give me the actually in numbers how damage my colonist was from say a fight.  You know his health point in the range from 1-100, or his mood/loyalty number in numbers from 1-100.

I see numbers when I click on a wall how damaged it is, so why do I not see how damage my colonist is or near death he is, or how near to getting a prisoners into my colony is.  I know I have seen this in other peoples videos, but don't know what I am doing wrong or don't have to not be able to see these numbers.

If someone can show me where I need to go, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Rikiki

Health "number" has been removed in late Alpha releases because of the health system.
You don't only count on a virtual number, health is split into all the "real body" organs (eyes, limbs, heart...).

This a way to get more interesting stories about your colonists: "Jeff lost his hand but has now a cyborg claw..." ;D

mipen

The most essential mods for me are Clutter, Project Armoury and Jaxxa shields. Betterpower+ used to be in there as well, but it has fallen by the wayside =[