We can release prisoners now.... Yay?

Started by Ramsis, November 18, 2014, 02:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riph

I'm surprised there's this much "Why was this included?!?" hubbub.  This is a feature that I've wanted for some time.  I don't like dealing with the negative thoughts fallout of executions, and a full prison is annoying.  A one-click GTFO button is a great fix that likely didn't eat up much devtime.

Ramsis

Quote from: Riph on November 20, 2014, 01:24:11 PM
I'm surprised there's this much "Why was this included?!?" hubbub.  This is a feature that I've wanted for some time.  I don't like dealing with the negative thoughts fallout of executions, and a full prison is annoying.  A one-click GTFO button is a great fix that likely didn't eat up much devtime.

Woah now friend don't get me wrong, I will never be saddened by fresh new things in this game, but I'm the kind of optimist that sees something and then immediately goes into a "what-if" mode where I randomly think up 20-30 ways something can be made better.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Goo Poni

Quote from: Ramsis on November 20, 2014, 01:31:26 PM
Quote from: Riph on November 20, 2014, 01:24:11 PM

Woah now friend don't get me wrong, I will never be saddened by fresh new things in this game, but I'm the kind of optimist that sees something and then immediately goes into a "what-if" mode where I randomly think up 20-30 ways something can be made better.

Then all Tynan would need to do is expose as many bits and pieces to modders without it falling apart if the modders divide by zero on themselves and away we go?

Starsector has some pretty interesting mod factions going on, what with people making their own code to create destructive phasing ships and extra ship systems bound to other buttons.

Quote from: Ramsis on November 20, 2014, 11:24:24 AM
Quote from: JonoRig on November 20, 2014, 10:10:59 AM
Ransom and patching up friendlies, rather then kidnapping dying Allies should be offshoots of this, if it's possible.

Take them to the nice pri... I mean medibay, patch them up and then send them on their way, get some good will or maybe some resources from their home factions

Actually there's been a lot of Skype chatter about this recently friend. Haplo actually already made a visitor recovery bed that lets you rescue then ship off friendlies.
I noticed that if you build a prison room filled with visitor beds then build one standard bed, you can use the regular bed to turn all the visitor beds into prison beds. Now you can get free stuffs for "helping" the captured prisoners. Up until now, it could probably be a bit exploitative of Haplo's beds but with the ability to release prisoners, you can fix them up on the visitor beds regardless and send them packing with a bruised ego.

insanevizir

I'll use this option a lot. Nowadays i just deconstruct the prision door and let then escape.

Riph

Also, negative thoughts aside, I'm really glad for more opportunities to behave as a non-sociopath in this game.  The totally optimized solution is also frequently the one paved with human suffering.

Not that I know anything about that.

Nasikabatrachus

Speaking of human suffering and sociopathic optimal behavior, is it too much to ask to request that capturing an incapacitated neutral or friendly pawn not immediately create hostility with that faction? I'd love to fix up a wounded ally and send them on their way for brownie points, and it seems like the prisoner release and this little change would allow that.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on November 20, 2014, 08:22:34 PM
Speaking of human suffering and sociopathic optimal behavior, is it too much to ask to request that capturing an incapacitated neutral or friendly pawn not immediately create hostility with that faction? I'd love to fix up a wounded ally and send them on their way for brownie points, and it seems like the prisoner release and this little change would allow that.

Unless you're massively opposed to the use of mods, check out Haplo's mods. One will allow you to build a medical-only bed that allows you to pick up wounded friendlies and heal them. In return, you get some mildly improved favour with their colony and they often leave a little trinket behind. I play with TTM and I've had AWMs (fairly good high end sniper rifles) left behind for me.

Nasikabatrachus

Personally, I prefer playing vanilla. It's silly but it seldom feels right unless I've made the mod myself.

Shinzy

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on November 20, 2014, 09:24:25 PM
Personally, I prefer playing vanilla. It's silly but it seldom feels right unless I've made the mod myself.

I feel you 100%! sometimes the Mods take so much away from the core experience to the point where you can't really enjoy the vanilla anymore
always refuse to use any mods until I've completely exhausted my will to play the game anymore =P (Rimworld became an exception after I made my own!)

For purityy!! Vanilla pls, no sugar on top

Haplo

Quote from: Nasikabatrachus on November 20, 2014, 09:24:25 PM

You aren't alone. Personally when I play (and don't work on my mods ;D) I also prefer a relative vanilla like game.
Because of that I have only a selected few mods active, that I feel they don't destroy the immersion of the vanilla experience too much. :)