RIMWORLD's MOST WANTED: Post YOUR Top 3 Most wanted!

Started by 200Down, February 06, 2015, 08:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

200Down

PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE POSTING:
Please try to keep your replies as short as possible. Just your top 3 wants. This thread is meant to help tally the most wanted additions to the game. NOT to BS about life or even someone else's  list.  This is NOT A DEV POST and there's no guarantee that anything will come of your top 3.  It is meant for reference only.

Posting the same wants as someone else is perfectly fine if yours are the same. So feel free to copy past someone else's list if it's what you also want.

ONLY ONE REPLY PER MEMBER
Obviously I can't control what you do but in an attempt to keep the topic as clean and easy to read as possible, please try to keep it to a single post each. There's always the option to edit as many times as you please  ;)

And without further ado here's mine:

1: Water (Yes, the actual need for water to sustain life and maybe a sprinkler system to deal with indoor fires).

2: Animal Husbandry (There's already a mod for this but imo it shouldn't need to be modded. It should already exist. Do we really need a reason why survivors may need this?)

3: Predators (A recent suggestion in a thread posted by another forum member which I thought was a wonderful idea. Instead of or in addition to the "crazed animal" events, animals that actually prey on others and ruin your food supply. Would work well with husbandry.)

That's all for me folks  ;D Enjoy reading other peoples wants and a big thanks to Tynan for such a wonderful game and all the hard work!

Sion

1: Macros it lets you record a series of actions, such as building a room, and then later lets you play the macro again witch creates an identical structure or whatever the macro does that you have recorded.

2: Z-levels So you can dig down, (highly unlikely to make it into RimWorld in a LOOOONG time).

3: Traps it's fun to create elaborate traps that the raiders can fall into (makes use of the Z-levels)
So many ideas... so little time...
Silence is the worst answer.

TheNewTeddy

Oceanic
Climate zone where maximums are lower and minimums are higher

Power
Nuclear and/or Coal and/or other forms of power generation

Batteries
Specifically ones that never short circuit, and are thus very much more expensive.
sig

Johnny Masters

Gee, only 3? You're mean. For now i'd say:

1. Z-Levels (only 3 levels is already fine, certainly nothing like DF)

2. Recreation (I want my pawns to feel more human, chilling, reading/playing, looking for each other to talk to and having a life other than just work like a robot)

3. Exploration (Leave the colony somehow, to explore, to rebuild, to attack, etc.)

OldVamp

• Paintbrush and stamp like drawing/building tools
stamp out a 6x6 room to mine, or a fully populated room to build
  • Load Mods per save game
Would be nice to have different mods on different save games
  • Better Colonist interface
Something very similar to the EdB interface
It may be working as intended, but
what was intended is not working.

REMworlder

1. Option to autostrip corpses before incinerating them.
-it may seem minor, but it'd eliminate so many non-value added clicks!

2. More fleshed-out combat.
-Microing colonists just so they don't shoot each other or tunnel-focus only one enemy is tiring. Some sort of shooting zone definition or friendly fire avoidance would be cool.

3. Automated meat acquisition.
-Hunters that hunt on their own, livestock, lab-grown meat, or anything that lets colonists acquire meat without constant direct player input.

BetaSpectre

1. Space Travel to other planets or other biomes., Keep all resources in orbital Beacon and keep ship.
2. Raiding towns/Raiders to remove then from spawning ever again.
3. Multiple towns on the same map. and the ability to create multiple colonies and run them at the same time.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

SlimeCrusher

1. Mechanoid repurporsing: I want to see hauling scythers and centipedes defending the colony, that'd be awesome!.
2. More options for turrets: Something like an advanced turret or something.
3. Hostile animals: Like lions, crocodiles and bears.

DaPieGuy

1. More events. The events make the story interesting so more events would give more variety

2. Better combat/stealth situations. Possibly a fog of war and hidden raider events so that they sneak up on you, would make outposts a must, also you could sneak up on mortar crews or perform a stealth raid on an enemy faction, as well as better combat that would be amazing

3. Relationships. More in depth relationships between colonists and factions would be great, having some of your colonists be good friends and some arguing and falling out would be really cool, would really help with immersion. As well as relationship between factions such as being able to sit down and form an alliance, maybe they offer you some colonists or resources if they like you alot or for money, or to stop hostilities there could be a peace talk which could be fun (maybe you or they could set up an ambush, if you kill their leader no attacks for a while)

windruf

1: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10088.0
2: Unforbid tool - unforbids everything. it is PinA to unforbid all the corpses of a damn-extremely-huge-overwhelming raid.
3: different types of raiders: like scavengers will come in small numbers, grab what they can and run. or slavers who will try to catch some of your colonists. they operate in smaller groups: 3-15 people based on win/loose ratio. and they won't stay for longer than 2-3 days.

muffins

1 - Animal husbandry (for milk, meat, wool, skins, eggs etc)

2 - Fishing

3 - An option that doesn't ramp up the AI threat over time and instead just calculates it based upon "Population + Colony Wealth = Threat +/- random %"

akiceabear

1. Fog of war and related tech/characteristic traits - radar, watch towers, heat map, etc.
2. More event variety and tailoring to your colony characteristics.
3. Relationships (platonic, romantic, rivalries) within the colony - I think this would help enrich the later years in a otherwise successful colony.

windruf

Quote from: muffins on February 07, 2015, 03:41:07 AM
3 - An option that doesn't ramp up the AI threat over time and instead just calculates it based upon "Population + Colony Wealth = Threat +/- random %"

it already based on colony welth. that means every guy i kill drop a gun that counts toward my wealth and causes more guys to come next time

Keymaster89

1. A lot new planet charateristics and ambient formations - city ruins of all eras, pollution, radiation, G force, lenght of day, volcano, craters, acid lakes, dangerous intelligent animals, strange crystal formations, abandoned fortress and castles, ecc... make every rimworld a unique rimworld.
2. Vehicles - jeeps, trucks, bulldozers, tanks, vehicle of all kind for any purpose. and hangars to store them, hawlers on howl duty can use tracks to carry 6-8 times the resources that can carry alone, farm tractors can cut trees and plant seed in a row of 4 per operation, tunnelers dig 2 wide tunnels and destroy chunks, tanks from old traked ones to hover hiteck ones for combat, or even simply hourses as the medieval most common transport/battle system.
3. Trascendence - a new way to win the game through trascendence like in the rimworld background story, u don't need to leave the rimworld if u can reach trascendence

Halinder

1. Introduction of genetically modified humans into the standard population -- some may have grown chitin carapaces, others have additional muscle, maybe even have people adapted to night vision so that they lose the shooting debuff in the dark.

2. Ability to travel between 'instances', or otherwise the giant blocks of maps we have now.

3. After step 2, procedural generation of different events for each map. Megascarab tombs, the god-awful mechanoid hive, tribal battlegrounds, animals unique to a specific area (giant landbeasts!) and unique biomes like a tunneled out mountain are just some ideas for this.