Robotics, Bionics and Brains (Oh, my)

Started by MyNameIsMike, February 17, 2015, 01:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elStrages

So basically you want to add my mod cybernetic storm v2.x to the game. Gotcha ;)

BinaryBlackhole

For brains there should be a neuron stimulator that allows people to fix their brains over long periods of time using human flesh maybe even upgrade them the disadvantage would be using human flesh mood penalty and your colonists being useless for long periods of time transferring skills is a bad feature Improvement should take time maybe you can make it faster than normal skill gain but that's all . Also where are the robots in your mod.

Mithradates

Quote from: Keymaster89 on February 17, 2015, 07:44:44 AM
Quote from: Skissor on February 17, 2015, 07:08:54 AM
Yes but it doesn't make sense for the game mechanic, since it would just prevent having any population loss, it's not about trying to explain it because it could be the future.
"It doesn't make any sense for the game mechanic" or "it doesn't make any sense to the way you see the game mechanic?"
This doesn't prevent population loss at all... people will still die by exactly the same methods as they do presently. These additions will simply keep your colonists healthy and working efficiently; at the price of a huge amount of research, time, and power, as well as the requirements of a strong infrastructure.
It's simply the progression of the colony's ability to survive, such as acquiring power armor for the entire colony. There is little difference between the two, in my mind.

Anyway... you're talking about a game mechanic that broke the game; raiders pass 15,000 silver by which I've left before my main entrance, in favor of marching into the maw of my invincible killbox machine...

I'm sorry; I had to do it.

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on February 17, 2015, 10:38:18 AM
1) Roombas and other single job drones would be a nice addition.  Though I wouldn't want robotics to replace people.  Tho a single human living alone with bots and eating anyone he captures would be fun.  (Damn it, even talking bout bots leads me back to cannibalism)

2) Small bits would be nice, even if they are simple things like 'metal nose' for the primitive, and bionic finger for more advanced stuff.  The primitive can be just made from metal, and a 'bionic fiddly bit' item you could buy and use for the little things.  This way we don't need a new type of item for each little thing that can get shot off.  Metal plates in the head and such would be fun too.

Who're you calling "primitive"?

I imagine that if you said such a thing to Tycho, that you would soon be holding your own nose in your hand.

#DuelingAstronomerLyfe
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Mithradates on February 18, 2015, 10:28:15 AM

I imagine that if you said such a thing to Tycho, that you would soon be holding your own nose in your hand.

#DuelingAstronomerLyfe

Primitive as in, its not using electricity to function as what is being replaced.

Creepy picture, I dont get the reference though.

Mithradates

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on February 18, 2015, 10:41:27 AM
Quote from: Mithradates on February 18, 2015, 10:28:15 AM

#DuelingAstronomerLyfe

Primitive as in, its not using electricity to function as what is being replaced.

Creepy picture, I don't get the reference though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tycho_Brahe#Tycho.27s_nose
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

SupremeSoviet

Bionic Spines need to be in the game.  In two separate games now I have had people with moderate spinal damage or have been completely paralyzed at which point its best to murder them which feels so wrong. Cause at that point all they can do is lay in a medical bed and eat.  They become useless.  Fixing people with these types of injuries should be hard but available.