Idk How to remove a poll D:

Nooo!
1 (100%)
I'll tell you!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

MyNameIsSpyder

A New Beginning
As some of you might know ( You all know. ), Rimworld just got a new update; Alpha 9.
So, in honor of the game's recent advancement ( And because I'm bored and no one else has made a Alpha 9 story ), I decided to record my first experiences in this post. I'm just posting this as some info, and the first part will be up soon. ( Alpha 9 is still extracting, so I wrote this to pass the time. )

MyNameIsSpyder

Part 1
I began by starting up a new colony on Cassandra Classic, only 100% difficulty so I could get back into the game ( I hadn't played in a while ), and then I chose my colonists; an artist ( To test the tales system ), a barkeep ( Horrible stats; only kept to keep a theme ), and a settler ( I can't have ALL horrible colonists! ), all with chemical fascination. I'll post the first REAL update very soon.

MyNameIsSpyder

Part Two
I entered the game, and then surveyed my colonists in more detail.

Let's take a look at them, from left to right.
Holland, on the far left, is our barkeep; meager stats, his highest a nine in mining, and the worst trait of all, depressive, this guy was only here for the theme of alcohol. Oh, and, as you might have noticed, he started naked. How nice. Next in line is Ross, an artist with similar stats, but a little better. And finally, we have Moyer, our settler. Her biological age is 73, causing her to have cataracts and a bad back. Other than that, she is a great colonist, with good traits and stats, so I decided to name her UBER LEADER OF... Wait, what would I call this place, anyways?
Leave suggestions below for the name, as I'd like you guys to have an affect on the story! Peace!

Hayhorse

MyNameIsSpyder

MyNameIsSpyder

Part Three
I had a goal; to build a successful, open colony; that meant not a bunker dug miles into a mountain, and also no giant dormitories or other unrealistic things. So, first, I built a longhouse ( Soon to be prison ) to get us started. Now, if you think this is against the rules, remember; I said no giant dormitories, or other unrealistic things; honestly, I would think you would focus on a basic shelter before individual houses if you were stranded on a distant planet. The second thing I did was make a power reserve, or, as I call it, a 'Breaker Room', which allowed me to cut off power either from the main reserves or the backup; finally, I opened a cryptosleep casket and out came a space soldier; I captured him, turning our longhouse into a prison, and dooming my colonists to the cold of the outside world. Spyder signing out!