[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

rEvolutionTU

Well, almost. I added the fix lude provided on page 9 to all relevant mods (EPOE, Glitter, CS, Zombie) and any combination of these mods doesn't crash the game but shows the title screen without any buttons (options/new world etc.), only the background picture immediately afterwards. On startup it also technically doesn't crash but only shows a black loading screen forever. Alt+F4 and deleting/editing the ModsConfig.xml were the only ways to get it back working from either of these things.

Sorry for the confusion, when I said "it isn't working" I actually meant it literally. =P

e: I just realized lude said in one of his posts that he added genetically engineered creatures in his fix as well. I could imagine that it does what it does in my game cause I didn't activate all the mods he mentioned. I'm not sure enough how Rimworld handles these things so I'll try out later if that's the missing piece.

StorymasterQ

Since this mod adds a bunch of prosthetics, what you actually need is a prostophobe faction.

"You shouldn't do that to your body. It's not natural!"
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Ykara

Quote from: rEvolutionTU on March 06, 2015, 01:16:07 AM
Well, almost. I added the fix lude provided on page 9 to all relevant mods (EPOE, Glitter, CS, Zombie) and any combination of these mods doesn't crash the game but shows the title screen without any buttons (options/new world etc.), only the background picture immediately afterwards. On startup it also technically doesn't crash but only shows a black loading screen forever. Alt+F4 and deleting/editing the ModsConfig.xml were the only ways to get it back working from either of these things.

Sorry for the confusion, when I said "it isn't working" I actually meant it literally. =P

e: I just realized lude said in one of his posts that he added genetically engineered creatures in his fix as well. I could imagine that it does what it does in my game cause I didn't activate all the mods he mentioned. I'm not sure enough how Rimworld handles these things so I'll try out later if that's the missing piece.
That's really strange, redownload EPOE, CS and Zombie Apocalypse and then apply the fix I just made (in the attachements). Have you created a new world after installing the zombie mod? If not the mod won't work properly.
Please tell me if my fix workes, good luck!

[attachment deleted due to age]

aoakeley

I found a typo in Recipe_AdvancedBionics.xml.  In InstallAdvancedBionicJaw the fixedIngredientFilters lists the regular BionicJaw instead of the AdvancedBionicJaw.   I was not able to install the advanced jaw (of course) without this change.

Great Mod!

rEvolutionTU

Quote from: Ykara on March 06, 2015, 09:04:50 AM
Quote from: rEvolutionTU on March 06, 2015, 01:16:07 AM

That's really strange, redownload EPOE, CS and Zombie Apocalypse and then apply the fix I just made (in the attachements). Have you created a new world after installing the zombie mod? If not the mod won't work properly.
Please tell me if my fix workes, good luck!
I think you got it!

I only did a quick run but it seemed to be working fine (I installed synthetic kidney + nanotech eye + had "Zombie Virus Active" on screen). <3

If you add it to the OP I recommend adding to the readme which files should be replacements and which should be additions to the folders. I was unsure what your typo was for a moment during install ("Races_Zombie into
the ThingDef folder of the Zombie Apocalypse mod" - the file is named Races_Zombies).

Thanks for the work, great job. I almost want to suggest that authors from different mods should think about maintaining a couple collective def files but I'm unsure if you guys would be into that. It certainly would remove the need for patches like this. =)

Ykara

Quote from: rEvolutionTU on March 06, 2015, 05:52:38 PM
I think you got it!

I only did a quick run but it seemed to be working fine (I installed synthetic kidney + nanotech eye + had "Zombie Virus Active" on screen). <3

If you add it to the OP I recommend adding to the readme which files should be replacements and which should be additions to the folders. I was unsure what your typo was for a moment during install ("Races_Zombie into
the ThingDef folder of the Zombie Apocalypse mod" - the file is named Races_Zombies).

Thanks for the work, great job. I almost want to suggest that authors from different mods should think about maintaining a couple collective def files but I'm unsure if you guys would be into that. It certainly would remove the need for patches like this. =)
Neat! I'll fix that typo and put the fix on the op tomorrow, I'm glad it works ^^
And I'm not sure if collective defs would work, but just giving some xmls specific names (like I did - OE_BodyParts instead of BodyParts) would help to prevent some conflicts.

Quote from: aoakeley on March 06, 2015, 04:43:16 PM
I found a typo in Recipe_AdvancedBionics.xml.  In InstallAdvancedBionicJaw the fixedIngredientFilters lists the regular BionicJaw instead of the AdvancedBionicJaw.   I was not able to install the advanced jaw (of course) without this change.

Great Mod!
Oh, strange that nobody else has noticed this yet ^^
I'm gonna release a fix tomorrow, thanks for reporting!

Xubrim

I realize you have your reasons for having so many tables, but it does feel a bit weird having a crafting section dedicated to bionics roughly the size of the crafting for the entire rest of the base. A couple thoughts.

Rikiki has a way using a DLL to add new recipes to existing tables. Not sure how hard it is, but maybe that's an option?

Alternatively, maybe simply decreasing the size of the tables? Make a few 1x1 or 1x2, to lessen the footprint required?

kinebudking

Happened to get this error in debug.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Ykara

Quote from: Xubrim on March 06, 2015, 06:55:37 PM
I realize you have your reasons for having so many tables, but it does feel a bit weird having a crafting section dedicated to bionics roughly the size of the crafting for the entire rest of the base. A couple thoughts.

Rikiki has a way using a DLL to add new recipes to existing tables. Not sure how hard it is, but maybe that's an option?

Alternatively, maybe simply decreasing the size of the tables? Make a few 1x1 or 1x2, to lessen the footprint required?
I don't think merging tables would make this mod better, but I see your point. Maybe I could shrink some tables, that's actually a very good idea. I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: kinebudking on March 07, 2015, 01:29:51 AM
Happened to get this error in debug.
Are you sure it's EPOE? Because you get this errors if you're using an alpha 8 mod on alpha 9. And I have changed all that, Extended Surgery and Bionics could cause your problems, I've heard that it's not ported over properly.

Ykara

Quote from: aoakeley on March 06, 2015, 04:43:16 PM

Great Mod!
Well, I've taken a look and I can't find your problem. I think that I've already fixed this problem in version 1.02, are you still using 1.01?

And I've fixed the typo in the readme and put the CS ZA Fix on the original post!

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Ykara

Quote from: Dragoon on March 07, 2015, 08:51:00 AM
Will you add the ability to craft medicine?
No, because there are enough other mods to craft it (e.g. Apothecarius). But there is Xerigium, so medicine shouldn't be a problem anyway.

mrzjadacz

I can't install Carbon Fibre Leg, but crafted by me limbs from vanilla worked.
In mods I have (from first to last): Cybernetic Storm>Cybernetic Storm Fix> Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering.

Ykara

Quote from: mrzjadacz on March 07, 2015, 11:26:08 AM
I can't install Carbon Fibre Leg, but crafted by me limbs from vanilla worked.
In mods I have (from first to last): Cybernetic Storm>Cybernetic Storm Fix> Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering.
Sorry, I couldn't make this compatible. The carbon fibre parts are whyever in the BodyParts def. I haven't played Cybernetic Storm, so maybe I'm wrong, but I really see no reason for this parts to be there. So unless ElStrages doesn't change this you won't be able to install them I'm afraid.
You could change the modorder, but that could crash your game.