[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on March 16, 2015, 11:27:21 AM
Hey Ykara. I created simple mod that allow to replacement torso. Of course this take a lot of money and time. Ah.. I add bionic version too. Only problem is that if you install bionic torso you can't install anything else. This happening because torso is the number 1 part and in bodies.defs you can't add the torso and bionic torso at one time. Is there anyway to fix it?

Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zghqq0lrqu7we/TorsoSurgery.rar?dl=0

Sorry for my english :D
No, I'm sorry, there's no way to fix that. I already tried to implement a bionic torso, but it's impossible unfortunately. But I don't think that there's a need for bionic torsos anyway, because there are already enough bionic parts ^^

Adamiks

I think there is one way to "fix" this. If you name bionic torso just "torso" maybe this will works. And i wanted to have the bionic torso, neck and head for the zombie apocalypse mod, because when you have the full-bionic guy zombies can still infect him + bad backs etc. I can only replace torso with torso :/ I will try tomorrow.... again.... :D

UMK

Quote from: Adamiks on March 16, 2015, 11:27:21 AM
Hey Ykara. I created simple mod that allow to replacement torso. Of course this take a lot of money and time. Ah.. I add bionic version too. Only problem is that if you install bionic torso you can't install anything else. This happening because torso is the number 1 part and in bodies.defs you can't add the torso and bionic torso at one time. Is there anyway to fix it?

Link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1zghqq0lrqu7we/TorsoSurgery.rar?dl=0

Sorry for my english :D
This mod already had Exoskeleton torso replacement, guess why it has been removed? It is not possible with XML editing only, you'll have to use C#. There is a mod on forum that includes torso 'augmentations' and allows you to enchance biological body parts without removal though it contains mandatory neuroprothesis pain effect. You can use sources to remove the line where the effect is applied.

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on March 16, 2015, 01:51:21 PM
I think there is one way to "fix" this. If you name bionic torso just "torso" maybe this will works. And i wanted to have the bionic torso, neck and head for the zombie apocalypse mod, because when you have the full-bionic guy zombies can still infect him + bad backs etc. I can only replace torso with torso :/ I will try tomorrow.... again.... :D
UMK is right, look at his mods, he did a great job!
But bad back shouldn't be a problem anyway, because this mod has a way to fix them, so you got one problem solved ^^

Zxypher

Is there a reason that the Synthetic Kidney doesn't boost Blood Filtration?

InfinityKage

I love this mod... but I love Minus's mod too... I'm so torn... why....

Latta

Quote from: Zxypher on March 16, 2015, 07:40:30 PM

I talked about that and Ykara said its a bug.

InfinityKage

Zxypher

Quote from: Latta on March 16, 2015, 08:30:41 PM

I talked about that and Ykara said its a bug.

Ok, thanks. It was just missing a line of xml so it was an easy fix, just wasn't sure if there was a reason it was gone :P

UMK

I don't remember, did torso replacement generate spawn all natural and synthetic bodyparts after finishing? It could be handy for removal of organs from corpses.

Ykara

Quote from: InfinityKage on March 16, 2015, 08:39:18 PM
Is this mod compatible with Glitterworld or no?
Currently not, because both mods use identical names for some prostheses. I find this pretty confusing, so there isn't a fix yet. But I could make one if you don't have a problem with it ^^

Is there a reason that er Kidney doesn't boost Blood Filtration?
Yep, as Latta said: It's a bug. I've already fixed it for the next version, maybe I'll release the fix tomorrow if more people have problems with it.

Quote from: UMK on March 17, 2015, 01:36:57 AM
I don't remember, did torso replacement generate spawn all natural and synthetic bodyparts after finishing? It could be handy for removal of organs from corpses.
It removes all added bodyparts and replaces them with natural ones. But I don't know if you get this bodyparts back, that would indeed be interesting for corpses.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Ykara on March 17, 2015, 01:49:02 AM
Quote from: InfinityKage on March 16, 2015, 08:39:18 PM
Is this mod compatible with Glitterworld or no?
Currently not, because both mods use identical names for some prostheses. I find this pretty confusing, so there isn't a fix yet. But I could make one if you don't have a problem with it ^^

If it was possible to make one I'd be very greatful. I think both bring a lot to the table.

Also
Quote from: Fifty Foot Ant on March 16, 2015, 10:54:08 PM
I mostly stick to Minus' mod because fo certain prosthetics exclusive to him, like the Power Arm. � u �, maybe it's just me, but after some testing of Ykara's, I just really wish s/he had a power arm in the mod and I'd switch over. No offense meant to Minus, of course. X)

You ever consider adding your own power arm (Power Claw + Bionic Arm)?

UMK

>You ever consider adding your own power arm (Power Claw + Bionic Arm)?
Aren't they already in the mod?
Lol, just realised that it is possible to make ability to transplant brains, transferring all skills and traits. Just imagine how many opportunities it gives.
Also, picture of how our fully upgraded colonists may look like:
http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/original/mig/6/8/2/7/2026827-672376_20130205_001.jpg (it's not Jensen)

Adamiks

UMK even in "core" there is the file with brain transplantation. There is mod that re-enables this back (brain surgery).

And you maybe remember name of this mod (that includes torso augmentations)?

UMK

Quote from: Adamiks on March 17, 2015, 09:15:31 AM
UMK even in "core" there is the file with brain transplantation. There is mod that re-enables this back (brain surgery).
I'm aware of it. But what I meant is full translation of 'personality' (colonists have only bits of it though), not just brain replacement.