[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

Adamiks

Hmm... Nice. When you first colonist die you will can "revive" him by brain replacement

And you maybe remember name of this mod (that includes torso augmentations)?

UMK

'Never stop looking', very WIP and unbalanced (seriously it's too OP). Inspired by that prothesics mod and Deus Ex: HR. I guess that man will never finish it.

Adamiks

But this still don't fix problem with bionics parts... This only add disease that give you bonuses. I need bionic part because only bionic part don't bleeding and user cannot be infected. And i really don't know how the phantom pain works. This give pain after some days. Wtf?

And you maybe know how that GlassShield works (or this even work)? I mean with this colonist can be invisible for real?

Adamiks

Ykara i created mod with torso, neck, head and nose replacement. But, without bionic parts :/ But this it's still something. If you colonist is infected you can just replace his torso. If you wanna you can add this to your mod. I think i will create other parts too (like sternum and skull or bionic spine).

EDIT.
I almost forgot about download link :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvbkdiprdosnpb7/Torso%20%26%20Neck%20%26%20More.rar?dl=0

EDIT 2
And every part is in other def so you can delete nose, head or something else.

UMK

Okay, got the point. It seems to be possible to replace body part without removal of all its subparts. Will test it Better to discuss other mod in its topic. In short: 1)Only pain. Intentional decision. 2) No they are visible. Game limitations.

Dr. Z

I just saw that you want to do a german translation. I'm a native german and I would really like to contribute because I like this mod very much and I'm having some free time right know looking for something to do.
Prasie the Squirrel!

InfinityKage

Quote from: UMK on March 17, 2015, 09:08:33 AM
>You ever consider adding your own power arm (Power Claw + Bionic Arm)?
Aren't they already in the mod?

I think it has bionic arms but not power arms. I could be wrong.

Adamiks

Ykara

Quote from: Adamiks on March 17, 2015, 01:53:55 PM
Ykara i created mod with torso, neck, head and nose replacement. But, without bionic parts :/ But this it's still something. If you colonist is infected you can just replace his torso. If you wanna you can add this to your mod. I think i will create other parts too (like sternum and skull or bionic spine).

EDIT.
I almost forgot about download link :D
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvbkdiprdosnpb7/Torso%20%26%20Neck%20%26%20More.rar?dl=0

EDIT 2
And every part is in other def so you can delete nose, head or something else.
Well, I've already tried to add a bionic torso, but it doesn't work. It removes every added body part and you can't install new ones, too. I think this problem also exists for the neck, it would remove brain chips for example. But I'll look through your code, maybe I'll find something I could include ^^
And by the way, there already is a bionic spine and an artificial nose ^^

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 17, 2015, 04:47:36 PM
I just saw that you want to do a german translation. I'm a native german and I would really like to contribute because I like this mod very much and I'm having some free time right know looking for something to do.
Great! I'm currently working on it, but I'm very busy in real life at the time, so I don't really make any progress ^^ I could send you the files I've already translated, maybe you could finish the translation if you really want!

Quote from: InfinityKage on March 17, 2015, 05:13:38 PM
Quote from: UMK on March 17, 2015, 09:08:33 AM
>You ever consider adding your own power arm (Power Claw + Bionic Arm)?
Aren't they already in the mod?

I think it has bionic arms but not power arms. I could be wrong.
You guys really made me look in the the defs again, but as Adamiks said, there is a power arm, even an advanced version of it ^^

Adamiks

Thanks, Ykara. And if you wanna i can do the Polish translation. Already i'm doing my own translation for the game (there is official translation but there is a lot of "black holes").

And about this neck. Torso is number 1 part. Neck contains head, head contains skull and skull contains brain, so this parts cannot be bionic (torso,neck,head,skull).

KoalaB

Just a thought:

Is it within the modding possibilities to change events and link them to body parts? Like for example a Solar Flare making all bionic parts x% less efficient. Or maybe creating an event similar to that droid that changes the mood of males/females. Because at the moment bionics just seem like a non-brainer if your colonist is not a prostophile and you can afford it, you do it. Maybe creating some negative, random events would make you think twice before changing that perfectly healthy individual into robocop.

Maybe it would be possible to make them chargeable like some droid mods are atm? (Like in - they would be much less efficient when not charged)

Then again maybe it could somehow work with the new fun system (chess, stargazin etc.) that Tynan is incorporating in the next build...then maybe bionic parts would cause you to experience less fun...cos you know...it's more fun to play with your regular penis body parts rather than with bionic ones.

Adamiks

rexx1888

AllenWL

Just a question, but what would you need a synthetic(or any other) heart for?
From what I could tell, a removed heart means insta-death, so I don't see much point for making a fake heart.

Now, if colonists had a little time space from loosing a vital organ to death, it would make more sense to me. I might save that colonist who lost his heart if I get him a new one before he dies, or I might harvest the heart from the prisoner then give him a synthetic heart to keep him alive.

So what can you do with a extra heart other the sell it?
(and giving a bit of time from loosing a vital organ to death would be cool too.)

Hatura

I was wondering how good this mod and cybernetic storm are together. Are there any duplicate bionics?