[1.0/1.1/1.2] Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.42 (27.08.2020)

Started by Ykara, February 19, 2015, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the changes in Version 2.0?

Yes
459 (83.3%)
Not all of them
72 (13.1%)
Not at all (please explain why!)
20 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 551

pktongrimworld

*psst, add an optional organ vats. make it require alot of human meat or something. :P

then I will switch over.

HBKRKO619

Ikara, I finally took your mod with your compatibility fix for ZA, GT and CS and it work perfectly ^^
You can add it to your main post in first page :)

Adamiks

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 19, 2015, 08:14:08 PM
Ikara, I finally took your mod with your compatibility fix for ZA, GT and CS and it work perfectly ^^

I have ZA and GT without fix and everything works perfectly too :D

AllenWL

Just thinking, but won't it be cool to have wheeled feet/legs? They would give your colonist a great speed boost in flat surfaces(stone tiles, smoothed stone, wooden floors, concrete, etc) but slow them down in bumpy surfaces(dirt, rough stone) and some things would be impassable(sandbags, shallow water, stone chunks, etc).

They would really be strictly for use in the base, but would give a great speed boost there.

More mechanoid parts to rip out and stick onto your colonists would be cool. Like the ability to rip out a scythers' charge lance and stick it onto your colonist(since it's not dropped on death, I'm guessing it's stuck to the scyther, like it's knife protrusion), or exchanging your colonist's eyes with a mechanoid's sight sensor, etc.

Also, something like a oh, a 'track legs'(ok, sucky name. Like tank treads or something, but a smaller size, for legs) which makes your colonist slightly slower then normal, but your colonist can go across shallow water, sandbags, etc without losing any speed. Also doesn't get a speed boost in smooth floors and such, but oh well. Pretty much opposite of wheeled legs

Adamiks

Nice idea. I agree :) And charge lance is actually a gun, but when scyther die he just don't drop this. Even a turret have a "gun". Some small edits (in defs) and colonists will can have the turret in hands (there are some bugs in GlitterTech that lets you buy the best gun in game for 0.90 silver, because this is a "turret gun"):D

Oh, and that "wheeled leg" don't should slow people down on the dirt, because colonists will still have knees(i guess).

AllenWL

I know it's a gun, I'm just pretending the said gun isn't held, but welded onto the arm. You know, kinda like how a power arm is a power claw+arm, but instead, this is a lazer gun+arm

I dare you to walk around on knees. It's a painful. And besides, wheels on your feet isn't exactly the most stable thing. On nice flat surfaces, its' great. On dirt/rough stone/gravel? Not so great. On sand/mud/etc really sucks. Sandbags or bushes, chunks of stone? Better find another way across.

Adamiks

Only problem is that gun cannot be droped when scyther die. Like "turret gun", when you destroy turret you will have only steel back. And about this knees - I think that wheels should be small like foot or something, so colonist will sill can "walk" in "normal" way.

Sorry for the English, but my eyes hurt after this eclipse : D

AllenWL

I was thinking more like adding a body part to the scyther that can be harvest rather like it's knife-protrusion, and when added, it will give the colonist the charge lance, but it will always be equipped, can never be dropped(though can be removed through surgery) and maybe gives a loss in manipulation

On the knee/foot thing, yes, they can 'walk' but have you tried to walk in a pair of in-line skates? The wheels will be constantly moving around, which makes you slip. In bumpy or loose places, the wheels will make your feet slide around unpredictably, which forces you to go slow, or risk falling over a lot.

So yes, they'll be able to 'walk' but in a very unstable and slow way. Either that, or they're really good with walking around with wheels on their feet

Adamiks

Quote from: AllenWL on March 20, 2015, 09:05:32 AM
I was thinking more like adding a body part to the scyther that can be harvest rather like it's knife-protrusion, and when added, it will give the colonist the charge lance, but it will always be equipped, can never be dropped(though can be removed through surgery) and maybe gives a loss in manipulation

On the knee/foot thing, yes, they can 'walk' but have you tried to walk in a pair of in-line skates? The wheels will be constantly moving around, which makes you slip. In bumpy or loose places, the wheels will make your feet slide around unpredictably, which forces you to go slow, or risk falling over a lot.

So yes, they'll be able to 'walk' but in a very unstable and slow way. Either that, or they're really good with walking around with wheels on their feet

I did not think about this in that way. You have right :) But about this scyther i think that more simple would be just edit the xml file in such a way that he will drop his gun.

johiah

Could you maybe ask the guy who made FixScars permission to integrate his mod? I find that the recipe for synthetic skin is way too expensive and late game. You really need it at the beginning, because that is when production really matters to get a good start.
"My best warden has no jaw"

Ykara

Quote from: HBKRKO619 on March 19, 2015, 08:14:08 PM
Ok thx, I've added it to the main post!

Quote from: johiah on March 20, 2015, 01:51:36 PM
Could you maybe ask the guy who made FixScars permission to integrate his mod? I find that the recipe for synthetic skin is way too expensive and late game. You really need it at the beginning, because that is when production really matters to get a good start.
It is already included in EPOE! FixScars is the thing with the synthetic skin, I've just rebalanced it because I didn't want to make scars completely harmless. Human meat and skin is by far the cheapest resource in the game, because there's always enough (if you don't play Phoebe). And I think that it isn't really logical to put a piece of dead skin on a scar and it disappears. Of course scar patching is pretty late game, but I don't think that you need it at the beginning. Your first three colonists won't have any scars if you take a look in the health tab in the character creation and just don't take pawns who have scars.

And to the suggestion with more scyther parts: They are great! I'll think about adding this, the possibility to install mechanoid sight sensors sounds great, too! But I'm afraid a gun arm is not possible. I've already tried to add one, but it doesn't work. I'm open for suggestions and tips, so if someone knows how to add this (maybe through DLL modding) I'd really appreciate it.

And the wheel feet sound great, too. Extended Surgery and Bionics has one, but it doesn't work as it should. And I don't know how to change the speed stats for different ground types, but I'll definitely take a look at it.

So keep on posting suggestions! I'm very grateful for all your feedback, it really helps me! You guys are great! ^^

Adamiks

I think that "blunt arm" or something would be great. Maybe also "Tazer arm" (like in non lethals mod) , because when colonist have bionic/power arm he almost always kills.

This would be easy for make, i think. But i do not remeber if in "verbs" you can change if this will be blunt weapon or sharp.

AllenWL

I think scar patching should be a bit more forward in the game, like mid-game ish.
In the beginning, not much people will have scars, and really, you're not in the position to be picky. Late-game, you might as well give the colonist bionic limbs, which will more than compensate for the scars.
I think synthetic skin should be for mid-game, when you want to your colonists in top shape to fight off raids, get those things crafted, etc, but can't really afford to blow resources on bionics and such.

On another note, I don't know how possible this is, but I got an idea when thinking about ripping bits off mechanoids and sticking them onto colonists. Why does that have to be a one-way thing? Why can't we say, remove our colonists brain and install that onto a mechanoid, turning it into a colonist?
There could be some sort of a 'brain jar' that can be used in a surgery to remove the colonists brain(or download his/her 'memories') killing the colonist but getting a 'colonist brain' or something, then install that onto a mechanoid, turning 'recruiting' it.

Or, we could get a mechanoid body, then 'install' our colonist in it, allowing to to 'control' the mechanoid body.

On the installing mechanoid parts, we could get the artificial brain from a mechanoid, and give it to a colonist, and it could boost their thought process, preventing them from going into shock, or making them learn things faster.

Finally, man plasteel is so hard to get! I would love to get some limbs for my colonists, but I haven't the money to buy parts for them or to get plasteel to build them parts.
So I was wondering, we can already rip off organs from prisoners and install them... so why not chop off legs and arms from the prisoners and giving them to colonists?

Adamiks

Quote from: AllenWL on March 21, 2015, 03:39:43 AM
So I was wondering, we can already rip off organs from prisoners and install them... so why not chop off legs and arms from the prisoners and giving them to colonists?

You can :P

AllenWL

Well, the game isn't letting me chop the arms of my prisoners. Just organs. And I really need a new arm, and possibly a leg.